Random Abs group 17 Oct - 17 Nov

Options

Replies

• inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Like chairless' metaphor, this is walking. No otherwise healthy person ever hurt themselves shrimping about on the floor.

Shrimping?? LOL

Are you mixing your seafoods up - do you mean floundering?!

Shrimping is an ab exercise.. the only reason I know is because the ex used to do them in his tae kwon do workouts.. :)
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    IN IN IN!

I have lazy abs, so maybe some extra focus will get their attention :)

Alternate days please. Its October 17/3:58pm where I am.
    (not OCD at all)
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just took a look at the site.... Awesome!
    Soo simple.

I am going to give it a run through tonight!
    I'll be doing this in the morning before the lil monsters wake up and then do my 30DS in the evening!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    So let's post when we have done the workout

Put what the workout was and how you found it. Do we want to do any pre measurements?
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • emmab0902
    Options
    18/10 (Us NZers write dates differently lol)

26 Twist + 8 Side Bend + 15 Double Crunch + 13 Sit-up. X3

Double crunches hurt the most but was a good workout - way better than the one yesterday with the side planks (my obliques suck)

Took 10 minutes to complete

Would be great to get to a point where I don't look down and see the "ripple effect" of my fat rolls lol.
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will try to get the workout in tonight or in the morning!
  • cinder701
    Options
    I agree that abs are made in the kitchen! BUT i am going to check it out and see what it's all about!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I changed mine I did

12 Leg Lift + 10 Butterfly + 20 Twist + 15 Reverse Crunch. X2. As I just had a C-section in June I am still having problems doing proper sit-ups,,,
  • RandomAbs
    Options
    Wow! Honored to find this thread!

To put the debate to bed, abs should be worked every-other-day at the most. We will ignore the idea of how hard or light you are working them and just say it this way to keep things simple and avoid the gray areas.

People saying "abs can be worked daily" (assuming they mean more than 10 crunches :) are wrong. Abs are a muscle...period. They need time to recover. It may also be helpful to point out that your core is probably the least rested muscle group because it gets used so much during other exercises (like running, squats, curls, ...., almost everything). So, resting your abs with a day off is even more necessary to avoid overworking them.

A final benefit of alternate-day ab work is that you will be less likely to burn yourself out. Pace yourself with fitness goals. Overworking muscle to try to get results faster is very counterproductive and you will fail because the pace is unsustainable and results will not be happening. Rest your muscles as often as you work them. You may feel "lazy", but resting is important work too.

Good luck all! Thanks for using Random Abs!

NOTE: We will be modifying our faq page to eliminate the gray area of daily ab work as well. We tried to write it "nice", but needs to be more firm :D
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Now I need to find a site called randombodyparts.com to do my off days lol. Alternate days will be tough cos I love the site so much!
  • knmcgrady
    Options
    I am so in! Starting today!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    A muscle is a muscle. I make sure to only work my heart every other day.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    A muscle is a muscle. I make sure to only work my heart every other day.

Hehehe.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    15 Push Through + 12 Body Crunch + 15 Crunch + 13 Side Jackknife. X3.

Getting the unusual problem of a sore tailbone when doing the full situp ones - had to stuff a towel down my exercise pants for those push through ones lol.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I did it today!!!! :happy:

I didn't think I'd make it all the way through when I started, soooo proud of myself.

.....And I really think a randomthighs.com site would be perfect lol
  • amyloola
    amyloola Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I Did them last night by accident lol, it's confusing us being in NZ we are ahead all the time , I found the body crunch ones mighty hard, but I did them, though I didn't lower my legs all the way down ( I wouldn't have been able to get them back up lol)
    I definitely think a randomthighs.com site would be great too!
  • emmab0902
    Options
    My physio says ab exercises where legs are lowered to ground then raised are generally considered not safe and have no advantage. I did the body crunches with minimal movement of legs - then I am not swinging them plus if I do lowering and raising my hip clicks every time!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    What?
  • emmab0902
    Options
    What?
    What what?