C25K Week 1 - Starting Oct 17th

Options

Replies

• cindymarguerite
    Options
    hello! i'd love to join you guys :) i've actually attempted the program about 24723 times before but never made it past W1D3 ! tomorrow i'll be starting fresh and with some support. when i did the program i usually walked at 3.0 and ran at 4 or 4.5
  • nicolepry
    Options
    Yay! I was just thinking about doing this program! A little scared! I use to be a runner in highschool but haven't ran since!:/
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 last night and I confess it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm so excited to be doing this! I never thought of myself as a runner before but I think I can actually do this!
    I walked at 3.2 and ran at 5.5 yesterday. I plan to do M, W, and Sat. because Friday is my rest day. But this week I have to go to church on Wednesday so I will do M, TH, and Sat.

Good luck everyone.

Opal
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Did my Week 1 Day 1 last night and did pretty well until the very end when my asthma kicked in. But I am feeling optimistic as I did this program last year and did well. Although I may have to do the first couple of weeks a couple times each to really do well. I hope not but we shall see.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Gemma - this is a 9 Week running program - you start off running small intervals and work up to running a complete 5K

Which app are you using? i.e. who is it by? When I entered 'couch 5 k' it came up with several selections and I'd like to make sure that I get a good one.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Gemma - this is a 9 Week running program - you start off running small intervals and work up to running a complete 5K

Which app are you using? i.e. who is it by? When I entered 'couch 5 k' it came up with several selections and I'd like to make sure that I get a good one.

If you are using iphone there is one by Bluefin Software that is good, I use it. There is also one by LoLo Fit that I am trying that seems pretty good too.
  • Olson87
    Olson87 Posts: 19
    Options
    just finished week 2 day 2 today!!! Loving it. I can't wait til I can run 20 minutes straight!
  • abouttime
    Options
    I started this program this week also! after I walked a 5k on Sat- I am determined to run my next one in March :) I have tried this program before and have reallt struggled with it. This time I started on the treadmill and did not struggle at all!! It was easy to see I was just "trying" to run to fast, so I will continue on the treadmill until I can train myself better :)
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 Complete!! Feeling like I wan to push myself and run longer, but feeling a little twinge in my old shins...I had shin splings in high school and they still flare up now so I am going to pace myself and ice them and do day 3 on Friday.
  • opalmel
    Options
    Week 1 complete. It was not bad at all. I'm starting week 2 today.
  • sissamae
    Options
    Week 1 Complete.
    Week 2 day 1 & 2 complete. Will do day 3 on Thursday. Feeling great!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Week 2 nearly done, just 1 more day. So far feeling good about it, and managing the longer runs just fine.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2.... Is it too late to join this group? I would love to hear about everyone else's progress... Who's running outside? Who's on a treadmill? I'm going to do it outside for now... until it gets too cold...
  • sissamae
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2.... Is it too late to join this group? I would love to hear about everyone else's progress... Who's running outside? Who's on a treadmill? I'm going to do it outside for now... until it gets too cold...

Welcome. I am running on a treadmill only because going to the gym holds me more accountable to completing the work out and it helps me to pace myself. I have struggled in the past with pushing myself too hard and too fast too quickly and failing. I have to be able to track my speed and pace myself through the whole workout. Hopefully by the time winter is over here in PA I will be able to run several miles outside and enjoy the nice weather!

I completed week 2 on Thursday.
  • Liss416
    Options
    Hopefully by the time winter is over here in PA I will be able to run several miles outside and enjoy the nice weather!

PA? How much snow are you getting right now? I'm in Massachusetts, but close to the water. Right now we're getting a rain/snow mix... other areas are getting hit with snow and have lost power....

As winter approaches, I may re-think running outside... when you do it on a treadmill, what do you have the runs/walks set on?
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 2... can't wait to start week 3... have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
  • opalmel
    Options
    I just finished week 2 and starting week 3 today! I have been able to keep up ok with the running. I'm running on the treadmill because I don't have an iphone or ipod and need to be able to track my time. Would love to run outside in the gorgeous weather we are having now.
  • Kimiannie83
    Kimiannie83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am really loving this program!!! I did W3D1 on Sunday and I felt great. I can't wait to do Day 2 tonight!!

How is everyone else doing?
  • opalmel
    Options
    Doing really great! I did W3D1 on Tuesday and the 2nd running interval really surprised me, but huffing and puffing I was able to do it! Felt really proud of myself. Looking forward to D2 tonight and D3 on Friday since I have a conflict on Saturday.
    I hope it's ok to do it two days in a row.
    I've been running at about 5.6 speed on the treadmill. What is everyone else running at?
  • Liss416
    Options
    I just finished w3 day 1... I'm still doing it outside - haven't done it on a treadmill yet.

Opalmel, twice, I have done 2 runs a week in a row... out of necessity (I have 4 kids and must go when someone can watch them)... after the back to back runs of the first week my knee bothered me - but I had really pushed it with exercising... so I gave my knee a rest - which resulted in having to do back to back runs for week 2... no problem with my knee that time but I was cautious with the amount of exercise I did that week... Ultimately, for the sake of your joints, you should not run every day... but for scheduling purposes, I don't think it's an issue if you do it once every so often... That's my two cents worth... and I'm a novice runner... but I did search the message boards when my knee was sore and running every day as a bad thing for knees was brought up a lot..