C25K Week 1 - Starting Oct 17th

Options

Replies

• opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you Liss416! I did D2 yesterday and was able to keep up with the runs much better. So far I have no pains in knees or any other joints so I'm feeling pretty good about running again this evening.
    I plan to do every other day next week since the runs get harder in W4.
    I hope your knee feels better!
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 Day 2... and yes, I did it two days in a row... but my knees feel fine. lol
  • Liss416
    Options
    So I did W3 D3 today... and to be honest my knees hurt a little... 3 days in a row is too much... I'm excited about week 4...
  • opalmel
    Options
    I'm starting W4 today and really nervous about the 5 minute runs. We'll see how it goes. Good luck everyone!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Opal... you're going to do well - I just know it! Let me know how it goes... I may do w4 d1 today... if my husband gets home to watch the kids before dark... otherwise, tomorrow...

Have a great day all!
  • opalmel
    Options
    I did it! I completed W4D1 and I didn't pass out! That is a huge accomplishment for me and I'm kinda proud of myself. Of course, I looked like I was gonna collapse by the end of the second 5 minute run and anyone who would have seen me would have thought I was having a heart attack! Lol!
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did it! I completed W4D1 and I didn't pass out! That is a huge accomplishment for me and I'm kinda proud of myself. Of course, I looked like I was gonna collapse by the end of the second 5 minute run and anyone who would have seen me would have thought I was having a heart attack! Lol!

Awesome!! Way to go!
  • Liss416
    Options
    I just finished week 4 day 1 too.... it was so much fun. I LOVE jogging! Woo hoo!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just completed w2 d2... so far so good...
  • Liss416
    Options
    Yay! Just finished week 4 day 3!!!! I can't wait for week 5!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 5 day 1... so much fun! I guess week 5 day 2 is the 8 min run... and then day 3 will be the 20 min run... hope I'm ready!
  • opalmel
    Options
    I finished week 4 day 3 this morning. Definitely was a lot easier than day 1.

I plan to start week 5 on Monday.
  • Liss416
    Options
    Great job finishing up week 4, Opal! I just did week 5 day 2... 8 min run, 3 walk, 8 run... it wasn't bad... I think day 3 is the 20 min jog... yikes!

Have a great weekend!

Liss
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 5 day 3... the dreaded 20 min run... It wasn't bad... I didn't hit the 10 min wall - nor did I get a surge of energy after running for 10 minutes.

My legs are sore (in a good way)... Opalmel, how was your run today? I forget, do you treadmill or run outside?

Must go!

Have a great night everyone!
  • opalmel
    Options
    Hi, I was not able to run today. I just started getting sick last night and this morning I woke up with the flu. I'm not sure when i'll be able to run again. :ohwell:
  • Liss416
    Options
    Opal, I hope you feel better SOON!!! Take it easy and rest. Eat chicken soup (it's amazing how well that works) - and relax. Don't do anything until you feel 100%! Take care!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 6 day 2! So much fun! How is everyone else doing? Opal are you feeling better?

Have a great weekend all!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 6! YAY!!! 25 minute run... done! I felt like I could have gone longer... What a feeling! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • opalmel
    Options
    Just finished week 6 day 2! So much fun! How is everyone else doing? Opal are you feeling better?

Have a great weekend all!

I am doing much better, thanks! I will be starting week 5 today. Hoping I can still run 5 minutes after taking a week off.

Opal
  • Liss416
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, Opal! I just started a new job, so I'm having a tough time finding time to run (sigh). I just completed week 7 day 2... it was fun... hopefully I can do day 3 on Thursday...