Does your signifigant other notice changes?

Options
13»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, I get a "way to go" out of him. But he doesn't say a LOT.

I think it's a touchy subject and people (especially the men in our lives) are afraid to have something they say taken wrong, so they just don't say anything at all.
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think mine sees me so much he doesn't notice as much as other people?
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    He doesn't say anything unless i ask if he can notice. Last night he told me that he could tell because when he wrapped his arms around me in bed he could touch himself again. I was like....uh i THINK that's a compliment haha
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has lost weight or toned up and had much said to them from your partner? My husband doesn't say much unless I say something, wondering if it just doesn't matter or if I have been married too long lol!

My wife has noticed and made several comments....
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My husband asks me to please stop losing weight. He doesn't want me to get any smaller because he is afraid I will lose my butt. LOL There is no way I am stopping when I am still firmly in the obese catagory. Too bad for him.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows I'm losing weight because I tell him when I hit 5 or 10 lb marks, but as far as him saying something about it on his own --- NOPE! Not a word. He says it's because it's a touchy subject and somehow I always find a way to twist his words and make him sound like a bad guy... not true, but whatever. I know I look better so that's really all I care about. He's never been a guy that throws out compliments to me, so I never really expected him to be overflowing with positiveness anyway. I wish he said more and helped boost my confidence a little bit, but oh well... what can I do.

Well....I can understand where he's coming from because women do tend to do that a lot. We have to learn how to take compliments (I am speaking for myself on this) because we are our worst critics.
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this. Mine told me just this morning. I am at almost 18 lbs off only 3 with MFP.. :) We have been married 19 years.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have a supportive husband & completed the other day, saying my lower part of my stomach has shrunk. My dh has lost weight he was down 1 kg, his trousers are lose with a belt & our children keep pulling on the back of his trousers & nearly flashed his bum @ everyone @ infant school :laugh: he is the best
  • beckie4442
    Options
    Nice one!!!
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine will not say anything unless I ask if he can see a difference.His rational for not saying anything, and its a valid one if not still annoying :frown: He sees me every day so doesnt notice the difference the way others do. I know he has noticed, when I sit on his lap for a cuddle he now makes me bring a cushion with me to protect his leg from my "boney bum":sad: :sad:
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My hubby does, he just told me he noticed my tummy is getting smaller :bigsmile:
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yes he does and he has been very encouraging. He said I didn't need to change, but likes the new me.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I only lost something like 7 - 8 lbs since I've been on MFP and everyone (my family and friends) keeps saying, Oh wow! You lost a lot of weight!! (...which I dont quite understand because I dont think that I look much different.) My husband doesn't really say much about my looks, which is fine. However, this past summer, he did smile and his eyebrows went up a little when I showed up at the pool in a black bikini. He's a man of few words. I get it. :)