Do you ever want to give up?

Sigh, sometimes I just want to get an XXL velour tracksuit and just give up, eat fried chicken and pizza and gain 300 lbs. This is so much work for so little weight loss. While I'm at it, I want to quit my job and get a disability of some sort, live in a trailer and stop brushing my teeth. Seriously, I feel like gthe guy who wrote the famous suicide note that just read "all this buttoning and unbuttoning." Life is too much work sometimes.

Replies

• Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    I know how you feel. But I feel want to wear a bebe dress and be able to fit into the wedding dress of my dreams.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    LMAO i know how you feel!!! It must get easier!! :bigsmile:
  • oh i feel like it too sometimes!!! but don't give up.. not worth it.. i HATE how easy it is to gain and how HARD it is to lose.. it really gets me down but I guess gaining 300 won't help me much ehhe
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    The thing is you could do all of that - gain 300 pounds, live off of the state, and what not, but you wouldn't be happy....or I'm assuming you wouldn't otherwise you would do it. :) Keep your chin up and never give up!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    I never want to give up. Never! But there are some moments where I think, "just this one ____ ...."
  • I feel like that right now
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    I've felt that way this week, too.
  • Sigh, sometimes I just want to get an XXL velour tracksuit and just give up, eat fried chicken and pizza and gain 300 lbs. This is so much work for so little weight loss. While I'm at it, I want to quit my job and get a disability of some sort, live in a trailer and stop brushing my teeth. Seriously, I feel like gthe guy who wrote the famous suicide note that just read "all this buttoning and unbuttoning." Life is too much work sometimes.

This is EXACTLY how I'm feeling tonight!!!! Even contemplated eating the SLAB of chocolate on top of the fridge.

Could I put an order in for a lilac velour tracksuit please?!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Honey, it happens to all of us. I know how you feel. My short story - I am now a single mother of 2 babies (2.5 and 16 mo). My marriage failed - my choice though because he is in prison and will be for a long time (after almost 5 yrs). I was tired of being abused (emotionally and verbally). He has totally broken my spirit - I was always the happy one even when I was bigger. Now, I have lost 55 lbs and I should be so happy about it. BUT I don't see what other see - I see what I haven't lost. My ex pounded into my head that I needed to be a size 2 and 120 lbs which I will never be. I have hit my original goal of 140, but I am not happy with that. I still want to lose more. So, I am trying to survive on a single income for 2 babies.

Sometimes, you just have to force yourself through a tough day. Force yourself to go for a walk or some kind of exercise, it really does help. I always pay Jillian a visit when I need a good kick in the butt. Best of luck to you, and I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you!!!
  • Never adopt that negative mindset. It is counterproductive and leads to nothing but misery. If you want positive change, make the change.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Sometimes I want to quit. I want to give up. I want to eat whatever I want. I want to forget the gym even exists. I want to buy a segway. But out of all those things, there isn't one of those things I want more than to be healthy, fit and sexy. So I'm not going to give up.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Yeah I wanna die sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgMVd8tCSY

Happiest suicide song ever lol
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Wow that is a sad note. It is hard work, but you are creating a new life for yourself.

I had an ah ha moment 2 years ago when I was out running. I had lost about 70 lbs from my second pregnancy and it came to me while running-"I am going to have to do this for the rest of my life." At this point I started to work out more. Then I told myself, why don't I get paid to do this if it is going to be for the rest of my life. So I am now working as a personal fitness trainer and I LOVE IT!! It is hard to start, but when you keep your goals small that work towards a bigger goal you can keep your eye on that prize. When I am fit it does feel so much better than stuffing my face with junk. When I do that makes me sad. I have been doing really well today. Please don't give up.

I promise you as someone who was fit and athletic in high school, had her first baby at 30 and ballooned to 250 lbs while my daughter was hospitalized for 9 weeks, IT FEELS GREAT to gain yourself back and to reclaim your body to be something you love and start loving the person who you are!! It is ALL worth every drop of sweat.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I feel ya! But, buying a pair of the jeans is so much more important then giving up!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    I went through that last night. But sadly mine was not with my weight, but with my goals and dreams. Because of that it back lashed and I ended eating more than I should have :sick: But when I woke up this morning I felt refreshed and realized that people can talk about what I can improve on, but in the end it is my dream and everyone else can shove it.

I do understand what it feels like in weight wrapping through. I watch those around me eating so much food and enjoying it and I look at what I have and feel like I am struggling. I am here to be supportive though and I will gladly help you out and be supportive of you if you would like! Though..Chicken does sound pretty delicious :laugh:
  • Yes, and I just started. For the past week, I have been craving wings, which I love. I held off for a week, but this Saturday, I said forget it and dug in to get my hands messy. Keep in mind, that I was okay with that, because I want to make a lifestyle change and I know there will be times that my meals will not be like clock work.

Will I pay for that...Probably! Do I regret it right now...NO! I enjoyed every bit of it. You know what..I went right back to my healthy eating ways after that. In addition, the other parts of my calories for that day were very healthy and minimal.

I don't want to say it's okay, but don't deprive yourselft that it becomes more than one craving.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    I feel that way about responsibility!!! Sometimes I wish I had an IQ of 70, just so I could skirt any and all responsibilities. Accountability can go right along with that.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    I watch those around me eating so much food and enjoying it
    Omigod, there is a woman in my office who goes out for hoagies, pizza or chicken wings every day and eats in the kitchen while I am reheading my bean stew. On days she doesn't feel like going out she eats an entire microwavable mac and cheese, which has like 12000 calories. Aaargh!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    I want to give up right now. I'm tired of being sick and still having to watch my calories all the time. I can't work out when I get sick. I'm always sick!!! It's easy for me to give up and just say whatever, but I won't. I want to..but I won't. Stick with it, it'll pay off.
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    I feel like that a lot. I find it helps to have a day a week when I'm not going to think about counting calories, and just try to be mindful of what I'm eating. Like, even if I decide I want a ice cream sundae, I'm mindful of it.