10 Week Elimination Challenge - Challenge Yourself Before th

Options
I participated in a similar challenge that was created by a fabulous woman that is no longer doing it. I learned how much more motivated I could be by getting into a competition that also "Pushed Me" sometimes to the limit to make it another week in the competition. If anyone who decides to join has done the other one in the past - It will be a little different this time around. But anyone is welcome to join right now.

Roughly how it will work (and some of this may be altered the first week depending on how many are interested)....

The first 1 or 2 weeks will be an individual competition strictly based on the challenges - the first (yet undetermined) amount of people will make it through to the next week - the following week will either be put into teams - or 1 more week of individual challenges. Honestly here, I'm trying to weed out the people who aren't going to be committed to their team. If everyone on a team isn't committed then it hurts the whole team, and the individual challenges will also help me balance out the teams.

Once I establish how many people and teams there are then I will be able to let everyone know how many people will be eliminated each week. These challenges for some may be easy, for others may be hard but you will push yourself to do more to keep your team in it for one more week! For those of you who have done this in the past - the challenges will be similar. - Ranging from giving recipes, to specific exercises, to specific calorie burns or food choice challenges (and probably a mixture of all).

As this is a competition, I encourage some level of ("Fun and Still Supportive") "trash talk" between teams to keep everyone "going"! This is NOT meant to be negative! Just banter to keep everyone alive out there!

This competition will start on MONDAY OCTOBER 24th! If you are interested please post on here by October 21st so I have a couple days to put the information together. PLEASE don't post on this if you aren't really interested and committed to something like this.

And on a side note - I will be having a "side" competition for the weekly eliminated players (that are interested in staying in it) that will give 1 or 2 people a chance to get back in the main competition towards the end - to keep those (that are interested) still in the game and still working to the "main goal" of losing weight in a supportive, helpful environment!

Replies

• afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i am highly interested in this i have never done anything like this b4 it sounds interesting.
  • meewii
    meewii Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sign me up!
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    I am in!! I love the sound of this challenge!!! Can't wait! Please explain how you keep current on the posts? Will this be on continuous post or will there be new posts...I have never done a challenge before. Thanks!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I will give you more info once I have enough people for the challenge - but essentially I will be creating a blog - as well as each team captain will create a blog for their team - thats where the posts will go - but I will put all that info on here a couple of times so everyone gets it. From there, you will be responsible for getting in touch with your team captain to give info. However, The first week or 2 of individual competition will all be on the main blog I create - any SW can go there or be sent to me privately if you don't want to post it.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting and it may be just what I need right now. I've been slipping the last 2 months and have gained back 8 lbs. I've been trying to recommit but keep backsliding and am desperate to do something before it gets worse.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! I loved doing the last elimination challenge and it helped me enormously.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You already know I'm in...we should've won the last one ;-)
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Sounds great, can't wait to get started!!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who want to participate in this! Please tell your friends - I'm gonna need more people to make it happen here at the beginning! It's a Great challenge (from past experience) that really holds you accountable to your team and to yourself if you get into it! And you meet great supportive friends doing it too!
  • lexie516
    lexie516 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    IM N NEVA DID N E THING LIKE THIS BEFORE BUT I SWEAR BY JAN 5TH I WANNA LOSE 30 LBS...LETS DO IT! I SWEAR ILL B TRYIN MY BEST
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have a challange that ends this weekend, so starting next Monday would be great for me. I've never done an elimination challange before so i am very interested in it! :smile:
  • amouser
    amouser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yep, this is awesome! im all in :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you if you have room!
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! Sounds fun and motivational, and I need both!
  • needanewlook
    Options
    I'd love to be in too. I am new here so this might help jump start my loss. I am recovering from a pulmonary embolism so I will have to take it a little easy on the workouts but I will do all that I can!
  • Fahrenholz02
    Options
    Count me in! I could use some extra challenges. I have not done anything like this before but sounds fun!
  • Haxi
    Haxi Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in too.
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds very interesting.... count me in!

Do you happen to have some links to the previous challenge so we can get a better idea of what to prepare for?
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sheri--How many people will you need to start?
  • Sheri869
    Options
    I'd like a minimum of 20 - I had ideas of grandeur that there would be more, but 20 would be good - its just there are usually a few people that start out interested and decide they aren't or fade out quick and I wanted to have a good base of 20 people that are totally dedicated! We are almost at 20 now though - so hopefully we may still get more!

As for everyone thats posted so far - please friend me and/or continue to post on here - if you still want to do the challenge! I'll want to get everyone's starting weight probably on Friday or Saturday which you can send to me personally or post on here. Once I put you into teams (once I have everyone) I'll be asking someone on each team to volunteer to be a team leader.

Thanks all!! Can't wait to get started with you guys and continue this journey together!!