HCG diet??

Options
I have been seeing people on FB talking alot about this HCG diet. I looked into it wow no ty I will put in the work on my own ty. Anyone else heard of this and what are your thoughts?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just starve yourself.. it's pretty much the same thing.

Friendly tip, use the search function.. theres a lot of discussion on this, and the generally consensus is no way.

Diet and exercise.. Can't be beat.. thats for sure!
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    I have been seeing people on FB talking alot about this HCG diet. I looked into it wow no ty I will put in the work on my own ty. Anyone else heard of this and what are your thoughts?

It's a stupid, expensive, and quite possible harmful gimmick with no scientific backing whatsoever.

Do yourself a favor and stick to a moderate caloric deficit and regular exercise.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    10623726.jpg

Investigate where they get the hormone from... Besides that, it's bunk.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Bad, bad, bad idea. Kudos to you for seeing it on your own. The HCG devotees are diehard and impossible to convince of the dangers.
  • adgadg09
    Options
    See I think the difference between me and the few people doing it on my FB is I dont consider what I am doing a diet. I consider it a lifestyle change. I would rather work out daily and eat healthy then starve myself and take chemicals.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    See I think the difference between me and the few people doing it on my FB is I dont consider what I am doing a diet. I consider it a lifestyle change. I would rather work out daily and eat healthy then starve myself and take chemicals.
    You get it, kiddo. :smile:
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    10623726.jpg

Lost it!
  • mhig011975
    Options
    you only eat 500 calories a day on this HCG diet. Seems kindof dangerous. Can't believe some Doctors actually back this.
  • katlynm
    katlynm Posts: 12
    Options
    i have a friend that did it. she lost 10 lb doing it.. however when she stopped taking the supplement, she gained it all back, and 5 pounds extra.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    pat_self_back.gif
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    10623726.jpg

hahahahaha i cried so hard from laughin
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm no fan of it either. Just doesn't seem too healthy. I did my research on it and know some who have tried it. Stuff you face for a few days then take these drops, shot or pill (whatever form you want) then take in 500 calories for a few weeks. Repeat. No thanks. I could see myself now showing off how skinny I got then the next year how huge I got. Eat right and exercise...thats whats working for me.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Bwahahahahha awesome

10623726.jpg

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    *headwall* *headwall* *headwall*
  • Gigi_licious
    Options
    ......waiting for thine great defender of the hcg to arrive. She has, afterall, been doing it since Saturday....*tapping foot watching clock*
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Bad, bad, bad idea. Kudos to you for seeing it on your own. The HCG devotees are diehard and impossible to convince of the dangers.

Extreme calorie restriction effects brain function, which explains the devotion...
  • jooleeyah
    Options
    I say do your own research. Read the book "Pounds and Inches" and visit hcgdietinfo.com and see that there are two sides to every story. There are tons of people out there who achieve AND maintain excellent results very SAFELY if they follow the procedure correctly.

People on MFP seem to be really judgmental and ant-HCG and most of these people do not truly understand the diet or how it is meant to work. There is a local health food store in town that carries it and I went in to speak to the owner and they were very knowledgeable.

Feel free to message me if you have questions :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    How much does this stuff sell for on the black market? Would it be worth it to get knocked up? My husband is fixed...any volunteers? My going rate is $10....
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options

Extreme calorie restriction effects brain function, which explains the devotion...

Very true!

I can testify to the effect on brain function. For several days I've been unable to keep much food down. I'm only eating small amounts at a time and am limited to soft or liquid foods (doctor thinks it's gallstones...waiting for test results). I'm only pulling about 1000-1100 calories (no exercise--doctor told me to hold off until we get me back to eating normally). My reaction times are slowed and my thought processes are definitely affected. My brain feels fuzzy from it all. Can't wait to find out what it is so we can fix it and I can get back to eating normally! Hate feeling like this.
  • Gigi_licious
    Options
    I say do your own research. Read the book "Pounds and Inches" and visit hcgdietinfo.com and see that there are two sides to every story. There are tons of people out there who achieve AND maintain excellent results very SAFELY if they follow the procedure correctly.

People on MFP seem to be really judgmental and ant-HCG and most of these people do not truly understand the diet or how it is meant to work. There is a local health food store in town that carries it and I went in to speak to the owner and they were very knowledgeable.

Feel free to message me if you have questions :)

Yes, this! It is most important to not read scientific studies that have debunked it and determined it is dangerous. It is far more accurate to believe the marketing. Marketing is NOT designed to sucker you into buying it, scientific studies are. Thank you so much for this source.