Do you prefer your pet to your child?

Options
13»

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I wont be negative, Ill just say you must not have a child
    I do, actually. One child and one dog. I tasked them with proving to me, this week, who is most worthy of my love and affection.
    Wow! Your kid is going to be seriously screwed up when he/she grows up.
    The only thing worse would be to have a really gullible parent.

Well whatever you meant by that I am sure is between you and your kid. I'm just saying as an outside party, you have asked your kid to compete with the dog for your love. Or at least, that will be how he/she perceives it.

Even my four year old son understands silliness...Despite calling him chewbacca for a week he does not think he is a wookie. He knows that I am not making him take medicine because I want him to have an icky taste in his mouth, even though I told him that in jest once, of course after multiple explanations of the real reason etc...they are kids not morons.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    I definitely prefer my pet to OTHER peoples children!
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    I definitely prefer my pet to OTHER peoples children!
    lol :)
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do love my son. But I shop at target and Burlington for him.
    My dog has a coach collar, a Burberry rain jacket and a little prada carrier. This is starting to look bad.

That's too funny!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wont be negative, Ill just say you must not have a child
    I do, actually. One child and one dog. I tasked them with proving to me, this week, who is most worthy of my love and affection.
    Wow! Your kid is going to be seriously screwed up when he/she grows up.
    The only thing worse would be to have a really gullible parent.

Well whatever you meant by that I am sure is between you and your kid. I'm just saying as an outside party, you have asked your kid to compete with the dog for your love. Or at least, that will be how he/she perceives it.

Even my four year old son understands silliness...Despite calling him chewbacca for a week he does not think he is a wookie. He knows that I am not making him take medicine because I want him to have an icky taste in his mouth, even though I told him that in jest once, of course after multiple explanations of the real reason etc...they are kids not morons.

Well yeah, if its done as a joke, that is different. I pick on my kids too. Every parent does. I just didn't read it that way and I know people whose parents have said things like that to them when they were kids and they took it seriously... and they are screwed up folks. That's all I'm saying.

And as to the gullible thing, yes, I can be gullible. But its not like I can read tone in your post.

Besides, I'm tired... too much MFP for one day! :yawn:
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Have 4 kids and no pets...I used to joke with my husband that I would have 43 kids if I meant that I would never have to own a dog....doc won't let me have more than 4 kids and I am seriously sick over the idea of getting a dog...it could ruin our marriage...LOL...so me thinks the kids win...but I don't think hte kids are getting a big head about it as I make them compete with each other for my love everyday.

Oh and that was a joke...they don't have to compete with each other...just with my husband....da dum dum...no really...
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    +Kids.

Hate my dog. Feel guilty about it but that's the way it is. Used to shower her with attention before the kids came along but now she gets minimum attention I can get away with without breaching RSPCA guidelines.

Love my kids.

Also hoping that when the kids are older and I get more sleep and more active that the dog will get more attention again (Kids are 3, 2 & 12 weeks)
  • MrsCB10
    MrsCB10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Funny topic! :tongue: Best posts are the ones that are so serious. People really need to learn to laugh more. Oh, and I think my Great Dane is a jerk but the Boxer is cool. As for my kid? Coolest one I've got :wink:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Funny topic! :tongue: Best posts are the ones that are so serious.
    What are you talking about? :indifferent:
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Eventually my daughter will be potty trained and my cat will still be crapping in a box.

This made me laugh hahahaha
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If my son ran away, I'd die. If my dog ran away, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
    So that's one vote for pets.

um...wouldn't that be one for kid, not pet?
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i'll be honest-i hate kids and don't intend on ever having any so i can spend more time with my pets.