Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #13

Options

Replies

• athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I've been MIA for these last week and a half. My best friend's grandpa passed away last Friday and things have just been really hard for my friend and I. I have been under a lot of stress and I have just been around my friend and her family trying to help them deal with things and just take care of anything that needed to be taken care of. The funeral services were on Monday and Tuesday and things finally seem to be looking up for them so I am now able to step back and focus on me. I am a little disappointed in myself because I let my eating habits and exercise habits go. I stopped doing the 30 Day Shred and got accustomed to eating fast food all over again. :( Back to square one... It's okay though. I will do whatever it takes to make things change. I'm in it for the long haul.

CW: 225
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Gotta share with you guys ! Ok so we started this challenge around the end of July and last week I hit the 10 lb lost mark ! Everyone kept saying they could see it in my face so I decided to take a pic and do a comparison. Lucky
    Enough I had a pic from like a week before this challenge started and I was wearin the same shirt as i am today. So I decided to put the side by side and guess what..... I CAN see a difference! I am going to attempt to post the
    Pics here, but if it doesn't work it will be my profile picture!! Super excited!

aaea6ddc.jpg
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that the 2lb I gained last week are already gone plus another one. Monday is my official weigh in day, so we shall see how it goes then.

I'm away for the next week at the in laws which will be a testing time - difficult to do my preferred form of exercise (30 DS) as there is nowhere with enough space except the living room and I don't really fancy doing it in front of everyone! I'm going to take it anyway and try to do it before anyone else is up if possible. I will also walk the dog 3 times a day as the kids will be too busy with granny to notice I'm not there! My problem will be the food - my mil cooks with lots of salt and lots of fat and her portion sizes are enormous! I'lll have to stop eating when my body tells me I've had enough and try and log food daily but the orange mobile signal is terrible round there - I might have to try while I'm out for my walk.

In short, I need to stay strong and work as hard as I can to stay on track. I can do it, it is only one week!

SArah

Sarah ~ You can do it!!!! Can you still log in while you are away????? Maybe focus on logging all your food...every bite..sometimes that helps me not eat because I don't want to look it up or log it in. But this is where you have to be totally honest :indifferent: You can!!!!! Good Luck :bigsmile:

Kristin ~ Are you doing OK????

Bye for real this time :laugh:

Thanks! I will really try hard - the only way I can log in is on my phone and they live in the hills so the signal is terrible - it takes about 2 minutes to navigate to another page, so inputing food is VERY laborious! I'll try and walk somewhere with a better signal. I have bought myself a pedometer which gives you distance walked, calories burnt and time walking - it has good reviews so hopefully it will be a good guide. I might even try to go swimming several times (my pre children favourite form of exercise - I went 3-4 times a week and could swim 80 laps in 30 minutes).
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Christine - I love the quote you added - It reads like a peaceful poem

johanna_elaine - I can see the difference too. Congratulations on self-induced face lift - the healthy kind :flowerforyou:

Judy - I am totally okay

Yesterday was a full but very nice day. I took the day off from teaching so my husband and I could go to court to get custody of our son that we are in the process of adopting. Another teacher at school is adopting his brother & we met them at the courthouse & we both gained the custody & name change requests. My DH & I headed straight to the school with paper in hand so he could officially have our name. Plus -- my in-laws came into town so we also had to get a few things at the grocery store for their stay. We picked up a cake with his new name on it for dessert. I made the Zucchini Lasagna I got on here & it was a hit. My DD who does NOT like veggies went for seconds. Following dinner we showed our DS the cake & then off to piano lessons. As soon as everyone was back home we took pictures and ate cake. ( I had the tiniest sliver so there was no guilt feelings) Then off to shower for our little guy. After awhile we were wondering what was taking so long & discovered that following his shower he fell asleep without even saying good-night. He must have been worn out from all the excitement. :love:

Today - as soon as I could get away from school I took my DD to a PK Retreat (pastor's kids = PK) about 3 hours away. So now I am tucked up in a hotel room. I did manage to stay under calorie count, but aside from taking the stairs haven't gotten much exercise in today. Yesterday was the first day I missed on the 30 DS & I was on day 28. I think once our house is cleared I will pick it back up. I kinda like the level 3 circuit. I did manage some eliptical yesterday, but I am not planning on doing floor exercises with company around. I will be back tomorrow and get in some exercise time, but I am not going overboard with eating.

Anyway that's where I've been. Life is good. Oh, one more thing, today when I was lining up my class to go to lunch & some were washing there hands the kids were showing off their arm muscles, and I said I had been working on my arm muscles too. When I flexed my arm to show them I actually had a little lump going. Enough to impress 3rd graders anyway. I was kinda surprised to see it myself.:blushing: Now I think everything is up to speed. Good night all.
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    We are in the process of adopting our son. He has been living with us since March, and our lives have taken a definite change with a new member in the family. He was in my 3rd grade classroom last school year, and it was heartbreaking to see him shifted from family to family with promises of adoption but no follow throughs with a permanent home for him. This Thursday we have our first court date and get one step closer to permanency. We are pretty excited as a family.

And -- really -- all of that is to lead up to some of the lessons we have been working with him on coming back to preaching to myself. I have really been emphasizing "with priviledges comes responsibilities" as well as "choices have consequences." The more I think about it the priviledge of indulging in a treat once in a while comes with the responsibility of portion control and exercise. The choices I make everyday about what I will pick up to eat, how much I eat, when, how long, or if I exercise all come with consequences. Some are wonderful consequences which we refer to as NSVs while others often send me into despair.

I am tired of making excuses for myself because I have seen myself slip from excuses to not really caring so many times in the past. One thing I have loved about MFP is that I don't feel like I have to feel guilty for an off day, since one day does not have to break the lifestyle I have chosen. I didn't gain the weight over night. I won't lose it overnight. But - over time developing a habit of healthy choices will take it off bit by bit.

These are some of my motivators. I hope they can help encourage you too.:heart::heart:

Good luck with the adoption process! He's lucky to have you in his life! Never forget that!
  • azeria
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry Ive been M.I.A. the past week or so. My life was so filled with craziness that when it all ended (court, divorce, sons testing etc) that when it all ended I just felt like I crashed into a brick wall. All I wanted to do was sleep and not talk to anyone! I have barely even talked to my friends! I DID however find an old friend and weve been chatting on fbook, I am somewhat back and going to try harder. I just needed time to assess my life and figure out the next plan of action!

Jenn-sorry I disappointed you!! :-(

Hang in there! I know how overwhelming life can be sometimes. Trust me! I've had my own overwhelming experiences these days... As difficult and heartbreaking my situation has been, I woke up one morning and said to myself. I've cried enough! I allowed myself to feel the feelings of anger, sadness or whatever I needed to feel, but I will not let these feelings consume me anymore. I will not allow myself to mellow in my self-pity any longer. I just flicked the switch and decided to have a good day! And I did!!! Don't get me wrong, I still have some mornings that I wake up feeling sad, but I am trying my best to flick that switch quickly. I found that there are certain aspects of my job that help me with that. When I'm so involved with it, I forget about everything and next thing you know I'm laughing... Allow yourself to laugh, you deserve it!

Jenn, you shared a song that inspires you. I have one that inspires me. It is Shania Twain's latest. I did a copy and paste below. However, if you want to hear the song, follow the link. Enjoy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMciyWyugKY

You got what it takes you can win…
    You got what it takes you can win, Today is your day to begin. Don't give up here, don't you quit. The moment is now, this is it Know that you can then you will Get to the top of the hill Part of the fun is the climb You just gotta make up your mind
    That today is your day And nothing can stand in your way Today is your day Everything's goin' your way Today (you can do it) Today (c'mon c'mon) Today (c'mon do it) Today
    When somebody throws sticks and stones All they can break are your bones And life's gonna kick you around Then kick you again when you're down
    But today is your day And nothing can stand in your way Today is your day Everything's goin' your way Today (c'mon do it now) Today Today Today
    mmmm life's gonna kick you, its gonna kick you around, its gonna kick you down
    Brush yourself off no regrets This is as good as it gets Don't expect more or less Just go out and give it your best (give it your best)
    Today is your day And nothing can stand in your way Today is your day Everything's goin' your way
    Today Today ( I said today is your day) Today Today I said today Today Today is your day mmmmm
  • azeria
    Options
    Gotta share with you guys ! Ok so we started this challenge around the end of July and last week I hit the 10 lb lost mark ! Everyone kept saying they could see it in my face so I decided to take a pic and do a comparison. Lucky
    Enough I had a pic from like a week before this challenge started and I was wearin the same shirt as i am today. So I decided to put the side by side and guess what..... I CAN see a difference! I am going to attempt to post the
    Pics here, but if it doesn't work it will be my profile picture!! Super excited!

aaea6ddc.jpg

Now that is awesome! congrats to you! You look great!!!
  • azeria
    Options
    Oh, one more thing, today when I was lining up my class to go to lunch & some were washing there hands the kids were showing off their arm muscles, and I said I had been working on my arm muscles too. When I flexed my arm to show them I actually had a little lump going. Enough to impress 3rd graders anyway. I was kinda surprised to see it myself.:blushing: Now I think everything is up to speed. Good night all.
    How awesome for you!!! Keep up the great work!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job to the people with losses! :D

Sorry I have been one of the many who haven't had time to log on here. This whole week I was working 10-13 hours, and would ocme home and fall alseep. Also apartment hunting in the "spare time"... though I don't have any. lol

Last Saturday I called a friend who I haven't seen in a few months, and we're making plans to get together soon.

I like to meditate before bed, so this is one challenge I managed! :D Tomorrow I have a 10K, so having a lighter challenge this week was nice :) Wish me luck!
  • meggers123
    Options
    The past 3 years I feel like my whole life has been falling apart around me. I have lost 4 family members, fired from a job I put my heart and soul into for 6 years (over something supid), and I've been 4 months without a job and my savings are pretty much gone now. The past two night I've been going to bed at 3am because my mind wont shut down. The only thing good right now is that i am losing weight and I am starting to see a difference. It is so very hard to put aside life problems and give yourself a minute to yourself. I am sorry I haven't been active (besides weighing in) but I have been so depressed and I didn't want to bring any bad vibes to this great group. That has always been my problem....keeping things to myself.....I want to change that! I am looking foreward to this weeks challange. Thank you Jenn!

Oh you poor thing. Don't feel like you are bringing bad vibes to the group. This is a support group after all. If you need to chat or vent feel free. I hope you can look up and things get better. ((Hugs))

I second that hug! We're here to support you. I sent you a friend add. :flowerforyou:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. ~Author Unknown
  • meggers123
    Options
    oooh, almost forgot to weigh-in. Today I'm at 165.5 ... 1.6 lb loss! Maybe working a lot burns calories? :laugh:
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The past 3 years I feel like my whole life has been falling apart around me. I have lost 4 family members, fired from a job I put my heart and soul into for 6 years (over something supid), and I've been 4 months without a job and my savings are pretty much gone now. The past two night I've been going to bed at 3am because my mind wont shut down. The only thing good right now is that i am losing weight and I am starting to see a difference. It is so very hard to put aside life problems and give yourself a minute to yourself. I am sorry I haven't been active (besides weighing in) but I have been so depressed and I didn't want to bring any bad vibes to this great group. That has always been my problem....keeping things to myself.....I want to change that! I am looking foreward to this weeks challange. Thank you Jenn!

Oh you poor thing. Don't feel like you are bringing bad vibes to the group. This is a support group after all. If you need to chat or vent feel free. I hope you can look up and things get better. ((Hugs))

I second that hug! We're here to support you. I sent you a friend add. :flowerforyou:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. ~Author Unknown

Thank you :heart: I got your friend request first thing this morning and it made my day :happy:
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in Sunday mornings, but take a sneak peak Saturday morning. I am at a pretty big gain at the moment :cry: I have NOT been eating right AT ALL!!!! I am really upset with myself but I am going to use that to fuel myself to get back on track.

I have really enjoyed this weeks challenge and I am going to keep on with it even after this week is over I think. It's hard to clear my mind but when I do it is so great Lol.

I just want to say thank you to everyone here for being so awesome! We are all dealing with stresses in our own life but yet still make time to help and surport others during thiers. I am so happy I was able to join this group :happy:

Have a great (rest) of the weekend everyone!
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Cw:185

Was able to maintain this week so I'm happy !

Can't wait to take measurements next week , I know I've lost a few inches!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    CW 148... I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel unless I change my goal again! :laugh:
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    CW: 222.2.
    Down a lb. weighed in early because I won't really be home this weekend. Very busy and I don't want to forget! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    CW 152.2
    A loss is a loss even if it is just .2
    I went shopping this morning and decided to try on a size 10 and it fit.
    It is good to hear the losses and the good things happening. Sometimes I wish we all live in one place so I could give those struggling a hug and more support than quick messages,but know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Bad times come and go. You have to remember it won't last forever. Just like good times don't last forever. I am fortunate that all in my life is going well at the moment and I thank God for that knowing things don't stay the same. I am truly impressed with those of you having tough times and still continue to work on a healthier you. Keep trying one day at a time or perhaps an hour at a time you will get thru.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    W today: 191

Down 1.4 :smile:
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    CW 150.... down 3 pounds this week. I think its due to the cold I was battling all week, had no appetite so I didn't eat much. Hopefully I won't gain it back this week! Are we suppose to do our measurements this week or next?
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CW 190.8 loss of .6 I would have liked more but I will take what I can get... :)