I know I probably shouldn't be complaining....

Options
spammyanna
spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
I finally caved and bought some new pants a few weeks ago. I went from a size 14/16 to an 8. Yeah, I guess it was time..

However, now those pants I bought just a few weeks ago are too big....

I know I should be happy about this, and I am, but man, I JUST bought these. Anyone in the Seattle area want two brand new pairs of size 8 jeans for cheap?

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yeah you can only use a belt for so long before buying new pants becomes necessary. Good work losing inches though!
  • _Buttercup_
    Options
    You should be proud! That's good work!
  • bstreich
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! Enjoy your new figure... toss the pants! Be proud of your accomplishment. I will admit... sadly I have saved lots of pants (am a size 28 now) and have down to a 20 in my closet... and 18 in shorts lol. So I wont have to buy a thing for awhile... Glad I was a hoarder haha.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Why dont you just ask friends who are whatever size you are at if they have any old jeans just as transition jeans until you get to where you want to be. It's a cheaper option I guess.
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Good for you!! Try a second hand store for your pants untill you are at your goal. Much cheaper! And you might be able to sell the pants through a consignment shop.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

Lol I live about 40 minutes away :P
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Post them on craigslist. ;)
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    thrift shops. I'm telling ya. until you're at maintenance, don't spend a bunch on clothes. (I just skin through the VS website and LUST...)
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I will say that if there is any negative to losing weight, this is it. Certainly no where near negative enough not to lose the weight, but still minorly negative. I am an extremely frugal person and I lost a lot too. I HATED buying clothes as I was losing, but short of walking around naked or in clothes 15 sizes too big I had to. So I understand.

(Congrats anyway, though:smile: )
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I finally caved and bought some new pants a few weeks ago. I went from a size 14/16 to an 8. Yeah, I guess it was time..

I know I should be happy about this, and I am, but man, I JUST bought these. Anyone in the Seattle area want two brand new pairs of size 8 jeans for cheap?

Take them to a tailor. It's usually pretty inexpensive (<$15) to get them taken in a bit.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ha, that happened to me. I'm starting to go to thrift stores to get clothes now because I'm shrinking out of them too fast. Congrats!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Take them to a tailor. It's usually pretty inexpensive (<$15) to get them taken in a bit.

First off - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be thrilled!!!! But, I understand at the same time - jeans are not cheap - but it's the only downside to getting healthier! I agree with the post about taking them to a tailor - you can google one in your area and compare prices. They are usually pretty cheap though.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    LOL I was just SAYING something similar to this! It feels silly to complain about shrinking out of your clothes but darn it, last time I checked money is not growing on any of the trees in my backyard :bigsmile: I have been giving all of my clothes to my best friend and my mom (who are also dieting and doing well enough to shrink out of their clothes!) but noone seems to be lining up to give me their stuff... oh well, it STILL IS an AMAZING feeling and we all need to be proud of ourselves! Keep up the great work!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I went from a 14 to a 10 and I am still shrinking. I've been buying $20 pants at target because they have longs. I'll splurge once I get to my goal weight. I suggest going to target or some other cheap store in your transition.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I went from a 14 to a 10 and I am still shrinking. I've been buying $20 pants at target because they have longs. I'll splurge once I get to my goal weight. I suggest going to target or some other cheap store in your transition.

Exactly how I feel... for each size I go down I've been going to JCPenney and buying 3 pairs of St Johns Bay jeans to hold me over till I hit the next size. They are about $20 each but I always search the internet for a coupon before I go shop. I think last time I used a $20 off $50 purchase and got the 3 pairs for about $45 total... not too bad. When I hit my goal weight EVERYTHING in my closest will probably get donated, and I may go a little crazy shopping at that point! I think by that time I will want a fresh start. Just thinking about almost everything looking good on me that I try on is such an awesome thought!!!!!!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Yeah, Sometimes ya just gotta get new clothes. "course on the list of unpleasant chores it is WAAYYY down near the bottom of my list. :laugh:
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with this as well and trying not to complain about it either. :wink: Since May I've loaded five bags for Goodwill! Maybe I'll try the tailor..
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling to have clothes just slipping off of you? I ended up buying less expensive pieces in each size as I was losing, but I definitely was out of them quickly. Ross, consignment shops, and those shops where people turn in their clothes (Plato's closet) might be good places to look for now. I gave all of my 18's - 10's (which were really nice and practically new) away to a group of women who are also in the process of losing weight; they just rotate them around as each person loses. The downside is that my sister is now down about 75 lbs, has nothing to wear, and will NOT buy anything new! I really wish I had my bigger clothes to give to her, but I didn't know she was going to lose so much :) Excellent job on the weight loss!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It is a double edged sword huh lol.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... very tempting given that a size 8 is my goal and I'm here in Seattle. If you don't want to try tailoring them, let me know what brand and price.

And CONGRATS on them being too big. Annoying for the bank account but fabulous in every other way! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!