I know I probably shouldn't be complaining....

2»

Replies

• GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Getting smaller is awesome! Btw, if you or a friend know how to use a sewing machine...taking up a couple inches isn't hard at all. Easy modification and you can keep wearing those new jeans!
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    The getting smaller part is great, but I agree that it sucks to buy new clothes. I try to hold off as long as possible. I am lucky enough to have some friends and family that are getting smaller too. My friend and I have exchanged clothes a few times. She got smaller so I got her "big" clothes and then she started needing them back. My aunt just lost 60 pounds and let me go shopping in her closet and I stocked up. Some of her clothes are still a little snug, but I have some clothes ready for when I need them. I try to buy only when it is a must do.

Good luck!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    o_O WHOA! you have done an amazing job! We are all proud of you! I am not sure if they have a Plato's Closet in your area, but that has helped me out tremendously throughout my process of having nothing to wear. The clothes are gently used and pretty good quality.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Getting smaller is awesome! Btw, if you or a friend know how to use a sewing machine...taking up a couple inches isn't hard at all. Easy modification and you can keep wearing those new jeans!

Oh yes! Sewing is the next best thing you can do! I sew my clothing at least once every other week. **Thumbs up** I forgot about that!!!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Nice!! I guess it was time, lol :D
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats! I've been having the same issue.. so I have been going to nice consignments shops and getting smaller jeans. When I hit my ultimate goal, I will splurge like there is no tomorrow though. Husband has been made fully aware! :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    I did the same thing, before I started losing weight I went and bought 3 pair of pant for my fat but and 4 tops. Of course the tops are still good but not the pants and one pair I haven't even wore yet. I'm in Texas so its been too hot to wear pants. So I understand how you feel, I'm happy, I just wish I had known that I was going to find this app for my phone.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    I think I am going to try the consignment store thing. I don't have any friends in my size, and I hate having to pull my pants up all the time.

Thanks everybody!
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Haha, I'm totally in your boat! I've just stopped letting myself buy pants (dresses and shirts OK) unless it's at goodwill because I don't plan to stay at this size.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Congrats! I went through the same thing.
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Oh, I nearly posted something similar!! I got a nice new pair of black trousers, and now they are getting too big! And all my other trousers have tucks in the waistband held with a safety pin. When the January sales come round I'm going to have to go shopping...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!