Starting 30D Shred today! Does anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    How do you record this on the exercise tracker??

I've seen some people using circuit training and others just make a tasking for themselves.. Not sure which one I'm going to do yet.. Let me know what you decide.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

I've seen some people using circuit training and others just make a tasking for themselves.. Not sure which one I'm going to do yet.. Let me know what you decide.

The JM website said you burn about 250 calories in 20 minutes.
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I logged it as circuit training (25 minutes) and it calculated I burned 200 calories - I probably burned between 150-250 so it's accurate enough for me.

Hope that helps,

Christina
  • nickelskm
    Options
    I want to join you all on the 30D shred. I will most definitely start it tomorrow (actually today) lol. =) Can't wait, I love Jillian's workouts..
  • JennC831
    Options
    I completed day 1 / level 1 yesterday and it kicked my butt!! I thought I had 5 pound weights but didn't and had to use my 8 pounds... Needless to say after my 20 mins I was sweating like nobodys business and I definitely had to go buy 5 pound weights.. LOL.. Loved it!! Then I took my pup Milo for a 2 mile walk/jog...
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm not starting until Monday 10/24 because I will be out of town this weekend, but I plan on following this thread to see how you all do. Maybe I will learn something before I start!
  • blnester42
    blnester42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on 10/17/11... so 2 days and I am still moving, though barely!!! I am so excited to see results!!!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i started this morning!! I logged it by creating my own exercise. I wear a HR monitor and I burned 284 cals in 28 minutes! I was impressed with the DVD, I am used to circuit training with my trainer and I felt I could keep up with Jillian but was still pushing myself. I think I will only stay on Level 1 for a few days and advance to Level 2.
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old and I started on Sunday. Day 4 Level 1 today. She plays soccer and basketball and I am doing Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training--just beginning it. I just finished up the B210K--which I really liked. I thought the 30DS would not be that hard!! Haha! My daughter and I are laughing at each other. My daughter doesn't need the scale to move but I do. I have been staying the same. Going to hang in there and trust that the results will come. It's nice to check this thread out for motivation!!! Thanks!!!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ok Finished Day 4. Felt better today. The lunges get me at the end. Not the legs but the arms!!! off to walk.
    Good luck to everyone. Have a great shred!
  • reckjb
    reckjb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 1, and it wasn't too bad! I did 30 minutes of spin before the 30D Shred. Hopefully, I will not be too sore tomorrow!
  • JennC831
    Options
    I'm not starting until Monday 10/24 because I will be out of town this weekend, but I plan on following this thread to see how you all do. Maybe I will learn something before I start!

Sounds good to me!! Have fun this weekend!
  • JennC831
    Options
    I started on 10/17/11... so 2 days and I am still moving, though barely!!! I am so excited to see results!!!

Yesterday was my first day and I thought it was great! I'm sore, but a good sore... I curious to see how I'll feel after today since I'm going to do cardio at the gym first then come home and do my video!!
  • JennC831
    Options
    i started this morning!! I logged it by creating my own exercise. I wear a HR monitor and I burned 284 cals in 28 minutes! I was impressed with the DVD, I am used to circuit training with my trainer and I felt I could keep up with Jillian but was still pushing myself. I think I will only stay on Level 1 for a few days and advance to Level 2.

I need to get a heart monitor b/c I logged it as curcuit training and I'm not sure the calorie burned was accurate... I've been researching the FT4 but it has mixed reviews.. What kind do you have?
  • agleonard7278
    Options
    What is 30D Shred. I am interested in this but I have never heard of it.
  • JennC831
    Options
    Ok Finished Day 4. Felt better today. The lunges get me at the end. Not the legs but the arms!!! off to walk.
    Good luck to everyone. Have a great shred!

I love it!! It kicked my butt!! I thought I was going to be able to move on to level 2 since I workout pretty consistant.. LOL..I think not!! I'll stick with level1 for my first week.. LOL...
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The kit comes with 3lb weights and I will be glad to join you!
  • JennC831
    Options
    My 13 year old and I started on Sunday. Day 4 Level 1 today. She plays soccer and basketball and I am doing Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training--just beginning it. I just finished up the B210K--which I really liked. I thought the 30DS would not be that hard!! Haha! My daughter and I are laughing at each other. My daughter doesn't need the scale to move but I do. I have been staying the same. Going to hang in there and trust that the results will come. It's nice to check this thread out for motivation!!! Thanks!!!

I'm hoping for some type of results as well... Some say they've lost weight, others say they've lost inches and not weight.. I'd like to lose both weight and inches.. Crossing my fingers!! Which is why I'm doing additional cardio to the video such as the arc machine at the gym, running and walking my dog.. Hope it pays off!!
  • JennC831
    Options
    The kit comes with 3lb weights and I will be glad to join you!

Let's get it!!!

I didn't order the kit, just the video.. But it's cool though, I went and bought 3 & 5 pound weights last night.. I think I'll use the 5 pound for the most part but in some instances I'll use the 8 pound...
  • JennC831
    Options
    What is 30D Shred. I am interested in this but I have never heard of it.

30 Day Shred is a workout video by Jillian Michaels.. It kicks your butt!! You should try it....