Why is the scale going down, but my jean size isn't?

Options
2»

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    It took me 25 pounds before losing a pant size. The funny thing is it seems like it happened overnight. I actually went from a 20 to a 16... skipping size 18 altogether. I was starting to get frustrated like you are now, but stick with it and I promise it will happen. It also has a lot to do with body type... I lose weight from top to bottom so my tummy and hips are one of the last places I lose from so keep that in mind too. That is probably why I went down a shirt size pretty quickly but the pants size took longer.

LOL I know! This weekend I started trying on my smaller clothing because I shrunk right out of a fave pair of pants because I thought since I didnt lose any pounds I didnt lose any inches either.

I did this too!! I also had a bunch of clothes that I had held onto for years...and once I got back into them, I donated them :-) Not my style anymore or very clearly "dated."
  • tjnahm
    tjnahm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As several people have pointed out... take measurements and even pictures. It helps to see both visually and with measurements where the weight is actually coming off.

Remember too, IN GENERAL as everyone is different, but people have a tendency to lose weights from the extremities first. Your hands, feet, face, etc will start to show your weight loss first, then your arms, legs, torso etc... eventually you start seeing the loss on your midsection as well.

Keep at it! You are doing great. :)