Options

Replies

• WinniDePoux
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • emilytgs24
    emilytgs24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I made the soup tonight for dinner. I forgot to mash some of the potatoes so it was a little runny but we liked it that way!! It was so good and so easy. We were calling it "dressed up boiled potatoes." My husband said it was even better than the normal kind-whatever that is! :) Thanks for a keeper! Will be making this on hectic days for sure!

I also make the mango/bean salad for a potluck we are having tomorrow at work. I think my mango could have been a little more ripe and flavorful but the salad was good. I'm a sucker for bean salad! I make it with sweet corn, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar in the summer! I've been in a sweet salsa mood the last little while and really like the mango or peach salsas to go with shrimp tacos! I think I would make this a little sweeter next time-maybe even add some pineapple or something! Thanks for sharing!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I was going to make the mango dish tonight. It's getting pushed to Sunday now though because I ended up getting ramen at a restaurant tonight. I had a long day and just didn't want to cook.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    IMG_6464.jpg

I think I ruined this dish actually. Unfortunately my boyfriend is allergic to tons of fruits, including mangoes. However, he's only allergic to them in their raw forms.. Something about the enzymes. I decided to try to make this work anyway, by boiling the mango dressing first. It took the flavor away though and basically the salad just ate like I was eating beans. It probably would have helped if I could have put the raw mango chunks in the salad too, but that wasn't possible.

Oh well! I'm sure it's better when made right.
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Made this today - soooooo good. Rich and creamy!! Nummy! Used Low Fat Philly Cream Cheese. Very good. Will make many times this winter I am sure.
    This is my favorite soup recipe. We make it at least once a month.

Cream Cheese Potato Soup
    Serves 4

4 cups chicken broth
    4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
    1/4 cup minced onion
    1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I use black pepper)
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, cut into chunks

Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender. Smash a few potatoes to release their starch for thickening. Reduce to low heat. Add cream cheese. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.

*I've used full-fat, 1/3 less fat, and fat free cream cheese and I've never noticed a difference in the taste/consistency. We usually leave out the onions, since my husband won't eat them and instead add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.

*My husband likes to add smoked sausage, but this is not accounted for in the calories.

Here's the nutrition from the last time I made this:
    Per Serving: calories: 322 carbs: 30 fat: 18 protein: 7 fiber: 2 sodium: 782

Enjoy!
  • simp2
    simp2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.....
  • cscrivner2010
    Options
    u guys have some great ideas
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    B
    U
    M
    P
  • diamondrn8
    diamondrn8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Sign me up!

definitely!
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I made this with some changes as well.... Low fat cream cheese, 2 cups potatoes, celery, broccoli, low fat low sodium broth. Just sampled and have set for lunch today.:happy: Was great!
  • tamtamsmom
    tamtamsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh i want in. I am a cook by profesion and am always looking for new recipes to try now i am looking for healthy ones for my family to make
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this group, may make that potatoe soup tonight as I have potatoes to use and already have some low fat cream cheese but will add onion and celery. Sounds yum.

Rebecca
  • thepinkpacker
    thepinkpacker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I thought this was a recent post.
  • kelty412
    kelty412 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    please add me!! thanks
  • Paulasqueek82
    Paulasqueek82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me, this sounds fab ????
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok, I haven't tried the black bean stuff yet, but I am working on it. It sounds awesome. I tried potato soup and it is yummy. I used water to cook my vegetables and added an entire bunch of celery and two onions. I had low fat cream cheese and it worked very well. I always made potato soup but with milk and butter at the end. This is very good and will become a staple in my kitchen when I make potato soup. My daughter loved it too.

Rebecca
  • AlleganyMiss
    Options
    Hi I wouldlove to join this group
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Please add me, as a caterer this sounds like a fun group!