Which protein powder would you recomend?

Options
13»

Replies

• Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i just use GNC 100% whey protein powder...like 120 cals and 20 protein per scoop...the taste is so-so, but im looking for low cal so i always go back to it.

i tried syntha 6 and it made me **** my pants all day long! i would never try that crap again. its great for cleaning you out, but damn felt like i was on a launch pad!
  • mikioi
    mikioi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use the Syntax Nectar, Lemonade flavor, it has 90 cals, no carbs and 23 protein. I tend to take protein like medicine though. As long as I can swallow it, it works..lol. Tried an orange flavor of the same brand. Hated it!. Gave it away!

I like the Syntrax Nectar too. I love the strawberry kiwi flavor!
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    Id switch between Phd Pharma whey ht, Extreme Nutrition pro-6, and Dymatize Iso and Gourmet whey
  • specialk87
    Options
    Hi Anetap :)

I have just started using a power by Maxitone called Sculptress. 1 portion is 50g (2 scoops) mixed with water, which is around 180 calories, 32g protein, and virtually no carbs/sugar and very low fat. This particular brand is specifically designed for those wanting to melt the fat but tone up at the same time, so your muscles don't go to jelly. You can get it in strawberry/chocolate/banana or vanilla. The strawberry one tastes a bit powderery but the banana one is nice!

I have been using it for just over a week now, and I usually take one shake as a mid morning snack, and then one either half hour before working out, or post workout . When I used to go to the gym before taking the shakes, if I did a workout, my muscles would ache for about 1 day after. But since I have been taking the shakes, my muscles don't ache anymore, because the protein repairs it very fast, and I find during the day I have more energy in general.

For the best results with taking any protein shake in general, just make sure you are mainly eating protein with every meal, and cut down on the carbohydrates. I am not saying have NO carbs, but have LOW carbs instead. If you get your main energy source from protein, you are more likely to feel fuller and your body will be burning more fat.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Herbalife all the way! the vanilla and chocolate are good and they also have a pumpkin spice flavor (YUMMY!) and cookies and cream. 2 scoops is 90 cal, 9g protein. And then I add a scoop of the personal protein powder for extra boost.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I used to use the maxitone one and really liked it but my husband finds it a bit sweet, i have a sweet tooth though so maybe thats why I liked it. I have since found out I am dairy intolerant and am now using my protein soy protein isolate. I bought natural and some flavourings to go with it. It is a bit like wall paper paste with the chocolate but could drink it all day with the strawberry cream flavouring.
  • queenhoneeybee
    Options
    im going for bariatric surgery and they said that you get what you pay for but really a good protein powder/drink with the highest quality protein would be one with whey protein isolate, ion exchange whey, whey hydrolysate, or whey peptides as number one ingredient. im just really excited to try some with some other flavorings to mix it up-the possibilities are endless. this guy said that he would add splenda, greek yogurt, and some frozen berries to his protein drink. think out of the box-it just doesn't have to be out from the container. =]
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Don't look at my photo to make a decision on what I use BTW!! :wink:

I use what my gym recommended and I absolutely love it.

It is BNRG Proto-whey 100% pure hydrolyzed whey protien. 2 scoops mixed in a glass of water, mixes extremely well and tastes amazing. I have had to use milk in the past with other stuff, but this is great with just water.

The reason I chose this?

A more rapid and complete absorption process due to the smaller peptide size. It delivers 100% of its protien to all the cells where other products may deliver only a fraction of their protien throughout the body. No caseins, whey isolates or whey concentrates.

120 cal per serve
    20g protien per serve (57.14g per 100g)
    4g fat per serve
    4g carb (sugar) per serve

Can't praise this enough!!:happy:

Anyone else use this one? I am sure it isavail in the USA.
  • sniperalza
    Options
    hi there I use the Syntax Nectar whey isolate crystal ski tastes great and no sugar or carbs...good price too
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love Strawberry Nitrotech by Muscletech!! It tastes like Angel delight! It is 80% pure whey isolate too so doesn't give me tummy ache :-). It is more expensive then PHD and ON etc but it is the premium range. It does have 20% whey concentrate in it for the nutrients but it is good if you aren't too good with lactose.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    EAS Chocolate right now...only because I got impatient waiting for my Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream to come in the mail so I bought one at the store to get me through for the 5 days it took to ship! haha.

Both are pretty good...I would probably say the Optimum Nutrition is a little better, and they have SO many flavors!!!