Saturated Fat 5 g
    Carbohydrates 60 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg
    Protein 17 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You already knew it was bad by taking the time to ask. So grab a healthier snack instead...carrots / grapes / celery.

:sick: celery is gross !
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Or plan accordingly so you can eat the corndog (or two) and fit it into your cals/macros for the day.

I agree with this . Sometimes you have to allow yourself the indulgence of something you love. If you have ONE, instead of NONE, then later, you maybe won't decide to binge on like FIVE! Lol!

On days when I want to have something "special" I just plan the rest of the week to balance it out. Either way you do it is fine, just make sure you can maintain it and enjoy!

Good luck!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Don't do it. Just look up how hot dogs are made and you will stay away-hahaha!! Same with chicken nuggets!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Oh, stop with the hot dog hate, ya snobs.
  • blondz
    blondz Posts: 7
    Options
    Nah.....it's not worth it. Trust me. Especially if you're gonna end up feelin' bad after you do it.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Honestly...if you knew what went into the dog part...... ewwwww now visualize....you won't eat the icky thing... lol :noway:
    mmmm but all that ickyness is oh so good ! lol sorry im no help at all.
  • CARAGMILLER
    Options
    Be brave! My best friend is a corndog ho. We have to have corndogs everytime we go to any type of flea market/county fair. They may be yummy, but you might as well smear that corndog right on your thighs!!!! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! I'm walking a 5K in a few hours from now.....get out there and exercise!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Religious undertones of this video aside...if you can still eat anything involving a hot dog after watching, then there is something seriously wrong with your brain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOERm9Tp-VM
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Set a mini goal and when you reach it, have one as a reward!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    O_o Just eat it! If it sounds good, have it! Plan it into your calories...
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just plan your calories out so you can have one without cheating! Or use it on a cheat day. :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories to eat the corndog EAT IT. Don't deny your cravings if you can work them into your calorie deficit. We are working on a life style change. Not a throw our cravings and lives into prison. You are much more likely to succeed if you don't eliminate everything you love from your diet. I love pizza, I still eat pizza and I work it into my calories for the day.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    if its not helping you, its hindering your progress....why purposely hinder your progress>???
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Could you make them using Hebrew National Fat Free Dogs. They are really good and only about 40 cal. I say go for it just try and cut back the calories where you can.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Forego the unhealthy recipe and, instead, give in to your corn dog craving by having four MorningStar Mini Veggie Corn Dogs:

Product Info:
    http://www.morningstarfarms.com/morningstar-farms-mini-veggie-corn-dogs.html

Nutritional Info:
    http://www.morningstarfarms.com/morningstar-farms-mini-veggie-corn-dogs.renderImageText.html?BID=94330&MD5=bba2ba642de72bb5d6c8478d2b329a89&FT=MorningStarFarmsMiniVeggieCornDogs_24591&productORrecipe=product&freeTextPresent=no

I tried them recently and was pleased to find they're really good!

Best wishes! : )
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Its just a corn dog,you will not bring about the end of the world if you eat it.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Eat one if you don't mind the fact that they taste like wood.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You are an adult so the way I see it is you have a few choices:

1. you want it, so you plan for it and work for it.
    2. you don't want it, so you don't eat it, and move on.

A corn dog is not the healthiest food on the planet, but believe it or not, you can find worse. What is it really worth to you to have it? Are you willing to fit it into your calorie goals? Do you want it bad enough to go over for a day?
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    HA, I'm the wrong person to ask...I'm making two BARS corndogs as I write this lol