talk me out of eating the corndog

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Its just a corn dog,you will not bring about the end of the world if you eat it.

You don't know that.. One time I ate a bad batch of chili... My gas was so bad I almost wiped out my home town..
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    do you want to give yourself a chance to lose weight and achieve your healthy goals today. if so, pass on the corndog. tell that corndog to EFF ITSELF!

if, however, you are okay giving up a potentially beneficial day on your healthy lifestyle mission, then what the heck...eat the corndog.
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    "Common hot dog ingredients include:

Meat trimmings and fat
    Flavorings, such as salt, garlic, and paprika
    Preservatives (cure) - typically sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dog

Did that work?

How about...

hot_dog.jpg

Exactly! If that doesn't disturb you, then you deserve to have it!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    EAT FIVE! JUST DIP IT IN HCG AND YOU'RE GOOD, DUDE.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    if you do choose to eat the corndog, I'm guessing it will be a fresh one straight out of the trans fat cooker (because microwave corndogs taste like crap and certainly aren't worth the calories). Anyway, make sure you log the trans fat that the corndog was cooked...along with the corndog itself ;)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Or plan accordingly so you can eat the corndog (or two) and fit it into your cals/macros for the day.

I agree with this . Sometimes you have to allow yourself the indulgence of something you love. If you have ONE, instead of NONE, then later, you maybe won't decide to binge on like FIVE! Lol!

On days when I want to have something "special" I just plan the rest of the week to balance it out. Either way you do it is fine, just make sure you can maintain it and enjoy!

Good luck!

Totally agree with above...denial is the worst enemy...makes you want to rebel...and who wants a rebellion on their hands...haha:noway:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    do you want to give yourself a chance to lose weight and achieve your healthy goals today. if so, pass on the corndog. tell that corndog to EFF ITSELF!

if, however, you are okay giving up a potentially beneficial day on your healthy lifestyle mission, then what the heck...eat the corndog.

OR if you want to potentially set yourself up to fail by constantly restricting yourself,possibly setting yourself up for a binge later on then by all means dont eat the corn dog
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Eat one if you don't mind the fact that they taste like wood.

i might need to go nibble on a stick if it, in fact, tastes like a corndog. :) yum! maybe *that's* why my dog loves to chew on them.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read "Food Rules" - I think by Michael Pollard? I highly recommend it. My basic takeaway regarding corn dogs would be this - if you really want it enough to make one yourself, it's ok to have one. We need to be able to live with the food choices we make- we can't be successful long term if we punish ourselves. We need to look at corndogs as a treat and realize that treats are ok in moderation- if we take the time to make them ourselves and don't just buy them as convenience food. As with all treats - a little goes a long way. Can you stop at one?

I personally know that hot dogs are not "good food", and I try to avoid them in general. But, I probably eat around 3 - 4 a year, just the same. They are a treat.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Its just a corn dog,you will not bring about the end of the world if you eat it.

You don't know that.. One time I ate a bad batch of chili... My gas was so bad I almost wiped out my home town..

:)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options

:laugh: Now that's hilarious!!!
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How about replacing the dumb dog with a smart dog, and the saturated fatty cheese with veggie shreds and baking instead of frying? Maybe there is a compromise that can help? Perhaps, you can be the one to "invent" the "healthy" or "healthier" corn dog?
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options

I laughed so hard when I read this I almost choked to death on a cough drop!
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    What is a corndog ? ( I am from the uk )
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I'm, sure if it's made at home there are ways you can drastically reduce the calories! Use a turkey dog, wrap it in wheat bread...

Or just think of how DISGUSTING hot dogs are!! OMG the things that go into them. *gag*

Your profile pic just went from a sexy girl to a girl making the gag sign! lol
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options

An American-style kilted sausage, but in corn meal and fried:

corn_dogs.jpg
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Take a hot dog, dip it in corn meal batter (like corn bread) and deep fry until a crunchy, golden brown.
  • godblessourhome
    Options

it is a hot dog (like a sausage or banger), breaded in corn meal/flour and fried in oil. it is served with mustard. delicious!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Eat one if you don't mind the fact that they taste like wood.

i might need to go nibble on a stick if it, in fact, tastes like a corndog. :) yum! maybe *that's* why my dog loves to chew on them.
    rofl
  • Serialdieter
    Options

it is a hot dog (like a sausage or banger), breaded in corn meal/flour and fried in oil. it is served with mustard. delicious!

Glad we don't have them in the UK they sound delish and there are far to many other delish things I am currently trying to avoid!