Calling all PCOS sisters!!

Options
Hi!

I have been logging for 3 weeks and would like to build a support group of women who have PCOS and know the struggles involved in losing weight with it. If you fall into this category, please add me or message me. I hope we can compare stories, struggles and achievements. :happy:

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of us with PCOS on here, you may also want to do a search on the forums on PCOS and see how many of us pop up out of the woodwork.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another pcos-er here. feel free to add me.
  • jmorgan66661
    jmorgan66661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i am fairly new to this site..and i love it..I have had pcos for about 5 years and i have tried everything to lose weight. the only thing that seems to work is cutting calories..i have been doing this for about 4 months and only lost 8 pounds. i recently found out that i need to stay between 1300 - 1400 for the weight to come off..it has been very diffuit but i will get there. does anyone have any sugesstions for low cal snacks..i am a big snacker...
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, you can add me!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's narrow it down some.

I'm almost 26. I was diagnosed 2 years ago.
    I need to lose 70-90 pounds.
    I'm not interested in having children.
    I suck at dieting but I love to Zumba.

Sound like anyone else out there?
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Another PCOS sister here. I have had symptoms for YEARS, but was just diagnosed in June. We are currently ttc#2. I'm 26 and need to lose about 90 pounds...

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. :) Hopefully we can all support eachother, both with our weight loss goals and our struggles with PCOS!
  • Mrswilko
    Options
    Another one with PCOS!!

Feel free to add me :)
  • georgiebruce
    Options
    Another PCOS-er here!
  • healthieryou
    Options
    another one here
  • bella86la
    Options
    hey im new to here what does PCOS stand for??? feel free to add me
  • krisrpaz
    Options
    Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Basically, we have a hormone imbalance that causes all sorts of lovely disorders like no period, really bad periods, cysts, infertility, acne, chin hair, thinning hair, insulin resistance...We could talk about this all day :)
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    PCOS here
  • bella86la
    Options
    oh wow... i feel for you all,
  • krisrpaz
    Options
    It is actually quite common. I have read 1 in 4 women have some form of it. Somewhere else I read 10% of women. You know what they say about statistics...
  • syiyi
    Options
    Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

Basically, we have a hormone imbalance that causes all sorts of lovely disorders like no period, really bad periods, cysts, infertility, acne, chin hair, thinning hair, insulin resistance...We could talk about this all day :)

tear tear :*( I love children so much.. and just the thought of not having any makes me so sad!!!!
  • krisrpaz
    Options
    Whenever my crazy hormones kick in and I think I want a baby, I babysit. I got to watch my friend's 4 year old grandson yesterday for 2 hours. He mentally exhausted me from keeping him entertained...I'm cured. At least for this month :)
  • syiyi
    Options
    Whenever my crazy hormones kick in and I think I want a baby, I babysit. I got to watch my friend's 4 year old grandson yesterday for 2 hours. He mentally exhausted me from keeping him entertained...I'm cured. At least for this month :)

lol!!! i do the same.. I baby sit for a while.. jejej.
  • kschubnell
    Options
    Another with PCOS. I am 32 and was diagnosed 5 or 6 years ago. I think I am more on the extreme end of things. I have all the symptoms. Just 2 years ago I had my tubes tied and ablation done because of not having periods while the lining would still build up and it was a huge risk for cancer. I also take metformin for the insulin resistance. I have tried dieting off and on for years! I even joined curves for a little while. While it did help a lot and I lost 30 lbs...I lost my workout partner and quit going. I am now back up those 30lbs plus some.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • bella86la
    Options
    ohh really i didnt know it ws so common, can you get tested for it? can you get it after you have had children or is it always there? sorry if my questions are a little intrusive im just curious to know
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a PCOS gal, I was diagnosed when I was 11 (had super duper heavy clotty periods that would last for months). I started my periods when I was 9. I've found that low carb works best for me to lose weight. I'll also loose weight in spurts. I'm maintain for 3-4 weeks, then lose 5 lbs in 3 days all of the sudden, then maintain. Sometimes I'll gain a lb or 2 back even, but as long as I net a lb or 2 lost every month I'm happy. I don't do low carb ALL the time, I have cheat days 1-2 times a week to keep my metabolism guessing. I don't look at it as a bad thing, just an extra challenge to conquer in order to reach my weight-loss goal.

I also plan to not have children. I still pretty much have acne, but the low-carb REALLY helps to keep it more manageable, and the hair on my head is very thin. Every time I wash my hair, it looks like I shaved a poodle (this started when I was 17). I'm very surprised I didn't go bald years ago.