annoyed with comments..

Options
13»

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    LOL I like how people will say you look good and ask how you did it and then proceed to tell you you're wrong. Especially if they themselves are hardly the picture of perfect health!

I've come to realize that people do not like to see others make self improvements and will almost always try to cut you down, even if only sub consciously. If you are making a change, that insinuates to them that you think they are better than they are, and they feel the compulsive need to show you otherwise.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When my family starts asking too many questions, I just answer with, "none of your business."

If I'm feeling like a real smarty pants, I just say, "nunya" which is short for "nun ya business."
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    oh wow! I know what you mean!

I hate when someone I know talks about how they don't want to eat bread because "it makes you fat" WHILE I'm eating bread. My response is always "well this is a lifestyle change for me and I don't plan on not eating bread for the rest of my life."

When I was first starting out this person also "forced" me to spit out a bite of a bread stick that I had. and I still get angry when i think about that. they were trying to help, but did it in such a mean, rude way.
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    Grr! Judgemental, rude people make me crazy! My MIL can't stand it when I try to eat healthy. Whenever I eat right, she comments about how I don't need to lose any weight and I just need to enjoy life and eat what I want. Umm...I was eating whatever I wanted for a while which is when I STOPPED enjoying life.

Keep up your good work!

my MIL has recently lost alot of weight and i think she feels she is the only one who "deserves" to loose and trys to sabatoge every chance she can lol luckily i am not close with her at ALL but thats another story lol