Greek Yogurt?????

Options
Question? ls Greek Yogurt better for you then Source Yogurt? ls lt worth the extra money for Greek yogurt? ls there better benefits to the Greek vs the others?

Replies

• JaimeBrown5
    Options
    Yes.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    More protein. Less sugar. Gotta be careful though, the ones with fruit in them already are not as good as that. They have more sugar and less protein than the plain Greek yogurt. I like adding frozen blueberries to my yogurt. I add them together in the morn and by the time I'm ready for it as a snack, the blueberries have defrosted and blend nicely into the yogurt. Blueberries being one of the superfruits adds to this very good snack. :smile:
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Most definately. Much more protein just to start. However, you need to get the good stuff. Chobani, Fage, etc. with 20+ grams of protein per serving.
    I would suggest a web search on the comparison of the two types.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    The real question is, are several question marks better than 1?
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, 100% yes.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have to agree! It is worth the money for the better nutrition you get!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is awesome!!! It helps me to meet my daily protein goals. I don't find it more expensive than regular yogurt because usually you can find great deals.. I like Dannon Oikos and Fage. Chobani is okay, but I prefer the other two brands. Kroger also has a good Greek yogurt too. I eat one serving everyday.............
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Always!!!!!!!!!!

Greek yogurt tastes better IMO.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

Thought this was funny. :)
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Danone Oikos Vanilla. I'll have to try Chobani the next time I vist the States. I think though, I'm going to buy the plain next time and blueberries. The Danone does have an awful lot of sugar.
  • md02
    md02 Posts: 4
    Options
    @Sunkisses. What is so disturbing about seeing multiple question marks that has prompted an off-topic, negative response from you????? If you can't add to the discussion in a positive way, then perhaps you should remain silent.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt almost every day! I love it, and it's worth the extra money for the extra protein and lower sugar. I usually get Fage with honey, or Chobani.
  • md02
    Options
    I should practice what I preach.... I agree with the posters on Greek yogurt as a great protein food source- twice as good as your average yogurt.
  • catwrangler
    Options
    @Sunkisses. What is so disturbing about seeing multiple question marks that has prompted an off-topic, negative response from you????? If you can't add to the discussion in a positive way, then perhaps you should remain silent.
    huh????????? Her post was cute and entertaining and not negative in the least!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,125 Member
    Options
    huh????????? Her post was cute and entertaining and not negative in the least!!!!!!!

He's new. Soon he will learn....
  • md02
    Options
    @Catwrangler.... I strongly disagree. It WAS off-topic and added nothing to the discussion. Our focus was on Greek yogurt, not English grammar and punctuation. I am through beating a dead horse.
  • catwrangler
    Options
    I am through beating a dead horse.
    promise?????????????? cheese.......
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You've misinterpreted tone on the internet. Surprising! Your comment, on the other hand? Irony.
  • md02
    Options
    @ Sunkisses. I know that is as close as your going to get to retracting your comment, so apology accepted;)
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Yes!