Best way to loose Tummy?!

Options
2»

Replies

• RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has 6 week 6 pack! and it's amazing!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Hm. Good to know. Well then why is it talked about so much? Where are you getting info? I carry my extra stuff around my waist and all I hear is "avoid red meat" and "crunches don't help"... Don't even know who to listen to anymore. I'm waiting for the day someone comes out with "studies show that lettuce is fattening." :-P

Editing to add that Im not trying to critique you, niner. Just frustrated by all the conflicting information out there.
    My info is from peer reviewed studies from the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism the most respected source for Endocrinology and Metabolism studies.
    While saturated fat CAN attribute (kind of like walking on a broken foot) to more heart damage, it's not the same as what caused it in the first place. Genetics and inflammation factors are usually the culprit to heart disease.
    What's great is that there are good scientific (not pseudoscience) sources with studies that aren't biased to show how different metabolic pathways affect the fats in our body. Did you know we have 2 types of fats? Brown (good) and white (not so good). Read about brown fat and how it assists us in using white fat as energy.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    im all about running....the more i have done the more weight has just fell off. i also weight train after running 6days per week.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Go ninerbuff, fat-abolishing warrior! Ace information :)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My info is from peer reviewed studies from the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism the most respected source for Endocrinology and Metabolism studies.
    While saturated fat CAN attribute (kind of like walking on a broken foot) to more heart damage, it's not the same as what caused it in the first place. Genetics and inflammation factors are usually the culprit to heart disease.
    What's great is that there are good scientific (not pseudoscience) sources with studies that aren't biased to show how different metabolic pathways affect the fats in our body. Did you know we have 2 types of fats? Brown (good) and white (not so good). Read about brown fat and how it assists us in using white fat as energy.

Well, I guess I'm spending some time with Mr. Google today. Thanks for the reply.
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED THE HYPE ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SPOT REDUCE, BECAUSE WHEN I WASNT TOO LAZY TO DO IT, I ALWAYS DID IT. WHATEVER PART OF MY BODY I WORKED ON, I GOT RESULTS. THE EXERCISES WOULD NOT EXIST IF THEY WEREN'T CREATED FOR A PURPOSE. THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN CARDIO WAS CALLED AEROBICS AND THEY MOSTLY CONSISTED OF LEG KICKS. THE LAST TIME I GOT MY TUMMY DOWN I WAS 50, ARTHRITIC, AND COULD NOT DO AEROBICS BECAUSE OF MY KNEES. I WORKED MY BELLY, THIGHS AND MY ARMS AND GOT RESULTS.
  • emily773
    Options
    If you look at the Women's Health Magazine website (www.womenshealthmag.com) they always have a section called the AbsDiet. They recommend food, exercise, etc.
    Good luck! I know my #1 goal is a flat stomach, so I hear you!
  • emily773
    Options
    HOWEVER I find that pilates helps tone and lengthen your stomach muscles and build a strong core. they've also found that participants on a diet who took fish oil every day lost more abdominal fat than those on the same diet that didnt

I HOPE this is true! I just started on Fish Oil because I read that it is good in preventing Type-2 Diabetes and for lowering anxiety.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED THE HYPE ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SPOT REDUCE, BECAUSE WHEN I WASNT TOO LAZY TO DO IT, I ALWAYS DID IT. WHATEVER PART OF MY BODY I WORKED ON, I GOT RESULTS. THE EXERCISES WOULD NOT EXIST IF THEY WEREN'T CREATED FOR A PURPOSE. THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN CARDIO WAS CALLED AEROBICS AND THEY MOSTLY CONSISTED OF LEG KICKS. THE LAST TIME I GOT MY TUMMY DOWN I WAS 50, ARTHRITIC, AND COULD NOT DO AEROBICS BECAUSE OF MY KNEES. I WORKED MY BELLY, THIGHS AND MY ARMS AND GOT RESULTS.
    Anecdotes aren't evidence.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    They say weight loss is 80-90% diet, and only 10-20% exercise. Well, abs are more like 98% diet and 2% exercise. All the crunches in the world aren't going to give you great abs - they'll just give you great abs hidden under a layer of fat.

Not to knock core work or anything - it's critical to any other aspect of fitness and life. But you have to make your body burn off the fat that's covering your muscles, and the only way you're going to do that is to lower your % body fat.