Dating no nos!

Options
ahsongbird
ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Lol! Unreal....
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow.

Dating no no for me is the Stage 5 Clinger! I'm really busy and have a ton of friends, I don't need a guy blowing up my phone 3x/day ... chill out!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yeah you gotta take some warm up swings before you can hit one out of the park. :P
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    No coupons....for anything....
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Wow.

Dating no no for me is the Stage 5 Clinger! I'm really busy and have a ton of friends, I don't need a guy blowing up my phone 3x/day ... chill out!
    hahaha it's even worse if ur really not that into him !
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The him "putting his hand under your *kitten* before you sit down" move so that he can cop a feel, one guy tried to pull when we first started dating, he thought it was funny, I told him to eff off and almost slapped him telling him how degrading and literally sick it made me to have him do that. I'm a pretty light hearted person but some crap I just can't take.
  • fitaliciag
    Options

i am very much with you. hate those
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Base-skipping? Are you sure you're old enough to be on this site?? I haven't heard that term since grade school!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Weird!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, I'm not sure about this...after two months he may have needed to know where he stood. Maybe there were mixed messages that she did not intend. I am sure it's hard to be out there and know what the other person is looking for. If she really liked him,I would have played it off as a joke and not been offended.
  • agwilker
    agwilker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Saying you love me on the first date.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! "No base skipping." haha!

I once went on a date with a guy (worst date of my liiiiife) and offered to pay half the bill. I put my credit card in it and passed it over to him. He didn't put his card in and instead gave the entire check to our waiter. I was so shocked and by the time I had found my voice, the waiter was gone.

I paid for the whole thing.

P.S. This is the "Chit-chat, fun and games" portion of the site. Don't bring your advice or negativity pleeeeease!
  • fitaliciag
    Options

i disagree. it shouldn't be about money....or trying to save it
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Asked a gal out that I worked with. Must be 30 years ago. She had just broken up with her boy friend. We were going out to dinner and then a movie. All during dinner she talked about her ex. We left dinner and started to drive to the theater. She kept talking about her ex. I turned off and headed towards her home. She kept talking about her ex and didn't even notice I had changed course.

I pulled up in front of her house, got out, came around and opened the car door. She started to say something. I put my finger to her lips and said, "Why don't you go call your boyfriend?"

I'm thankful I no longer date. I would go double deuce bozo if my date started texting.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Females have the same problem with the cling factor. A one night stand is just that. I didn't ask for your name or number for a damn reason.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    Asked a gal out that I worked with. Must be 30 years ago. She had just broken up with her boy friend. We were going out to dinner and then a movie. All during dinner she talked about her ex. We left dinner and started to drive to the theater. She kept talking about her ex. I turned off and headed towards her home. She kept talking about her ex and didn't even notice I had changed course.

I pulled up in front of her house, got out, came around and opened the car door. She started to say something. I put my finger to her lips and said, "Why don't you go call your boyfriend?"

I'm thankful I no longer date. I would go double deuce bozo if my date started texting.

ha! yes! that's what she gets. I love how you handled that.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I was dating a guy when I was 18 before I met my husband, and although he was very good looking, I just wasn't really attracted to him. He tried to kiss me on our third date and I turned my head away, so he grabbed my face (not gently) and tried again. It scared the crap out of me. I saw red and have no idea what I said to him, but I never saw him again. Thank God. My whole family and all of my friends really wanted it to work out or we never would have made it to the second date. Anyway, lesson learned. I trust my instincts now lol. Been married to a wonderful man for 13 years!
  • ahsongbird
    Options

Base-skipping? Are you sure you're old enough to be on this site?? I haven't heard that term since grade school!
    I'm married, not really up to date on dating terms i guess lol
  • slender_sunshine
    Options

Really? That doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. At least you know he's practical and money-conscious.
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As someone who is soon to be (legally -- already consider myself "single") single, this thread scares the **** out of me.