Dating no nos!

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Dating a guy for 2 months without giving it up is a dating 'no no' .....

THIS!! 2 months? Fish or cut bait already. i feel sorry for the guy. good for him for trying to push it forward. now he knows where he stands.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    no shockers.

on the first date.

sometimes it just feels right
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Handcuffs on a first date...

shhhh.... just let it happen.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    remember your safe word
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Hey now, handcuffs could be a great first date for the adventurer...LOL JK, people, I wait until the third date to bring out props!

Don't wait too long - props are good!

So true! People can be so uptight!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Where does a ball gag fall into the scheme of things?
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Where does a ball gag fall into the scheme of things?
    right before the shocker.

duh.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses.

How is that "dating"? I'm not saying they have to get it on, but they aren't spending time together, they aren't talking on the telephone and getting to know each other. Aren't they just acquaintances?

Also it seems a bit strange he's make the leap like that... maybe one of his mates got hold of his phone?
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Frankly, that's how I roll :wink:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but coupons on a first date is tacky.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Frankly, that's how I roll :wink:

Need a "like" button for this one!
  • netchik
    Options

Really? For me blatant waste of money is a turn-off. Have a good hard think about why you find this disturbing. Do you ever use coupons yourself? Or are you one of the lucky ones that never worries about their finances?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Really? For me blatant waste of money is a turn-off. Have a good hard think about why you find this disturbing. Do you ever use coupons yourself? Or are you one of the lucky ones that never worries about their finances?

LOL @ netchik! Why so serious?

PLEASE don't break out the cupons on the first date. Maybe the 3rd or 4th when I've had a chance to know him, but on the first date, I'd rather not need to guess whether he's poor or just frugal.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses. He decided to skip ALL the bases and text her saying " I want to make sweet love to you this weekend" now she wants nothing to do with him so... NO BASE SKIPPING !!

Hasnt she heard of the 3 date rule?? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=three date rule

I kid.

I hate clingy. Even with friends. I just dont want to talk on the phone 5 times a day. I dont want you showing up or inviting yourself to what Im doing. Having this issue now.... if I ignore your call - dont hang up and immediately call me back 3 times. My situation has not changed and I dont want to talk to you any more now than I did 10 seconds ago. :laugh:
  • netchik
    Options

:flowerforyou: oops, comes across much harsher than I intended!!! I'm just more open than most people - more likely to suggest we use a coupon cos let's face it - we can all do with saving a few bucks !!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: oops, comes across much harsher than I intended!!! I'm just more open than most people - more likely to suggest we use a coupon cos let's face it - we can all do with saving a few bucks !!

I'm with you on this one. But then I'm not the type of woman who expects to be paid for on a first date, either... Perhaps that's the difference? An expectation that the big strong man must provide?
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Most of us know the dating nightmare stories or have experienced them ourselves, what is the worst offense you've encountered of heard about?

THIS!! 2 months? Fish or cut bait already. i feel sorry for the guy. good for him for trying to push it forward. now he knows where he stands.
    he never tried for anything more he is really awkward and then one day just basically says lets have sex... I'm sorry but if u can't even work up the nerve to hold my hand I don't want to just jump into bed with u JMO
  • ahsongbird
    Options

he never tried for anything more he is really awkward and then one day just basically says lets have sex... I'm sorry but if u can't even work up the nerve to hold my hand I don't want to just jump into bed with u JMO
    and u r thinking two months as in 60 days, think about it, thats 8 weeks, they see each other maybe once every other week, that is not a lot of dating.
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    My best friend has been casually dating this guy for about two months, they just get together once every couple of weeks and they text. She hasn't made out wit him has only given him goodbye/goodnight kisses.

How is that "dating"? I'm not saying they have to get it on, but they aren't spending time together, they aren't talking on the telephone and getting to know each other. Aren't they just acquaintances?

Also it seems a bit strange he's make the leap like that... maybe one of his mates got hold of his phone?
    I have no idea what kind of "dating" most ppl r used to but they r not together, they r not B/F G/F they r getting to know each other , thats what we call dating .
  • ahsongbird
    Options

Wow , u sleep with every guy u date b4 u've seen him for 2 months? I've never had sex with a guy until an actual relationship is established and IMO two months doesnt give u enough time to get to know someone unless ur with them every day.