Salad Dressing Alternatives pls?

Options
13»

Replies

• TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Throw some slices of mandarin orange on that salad or make something with OJ would be good
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    you did olive oil and vingear, but add ... salt and cracked black pepper. That's what I love that just makes the salad great.

And great toppings make you not need dressing. eggs, cucumber, tomato, maybe even some ham and bacon crumble, mushrooms, chicken, avacado, onion, salt, pepper!

Or skip the salad. Just because its salad doens't mean its the best healthy thing ever. You can get lots of nutrients other ways
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    white balsamic vinegar
    salsa
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I drizzle about a t of Olive Oil into a bowl, about 1/4 t of balsamic vinegar, a dash of hot sauce, soy sauce and garlic powder...makes a great base for any salad
  • smeklc
    smeklc Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html

I love these guys ZERO calorie dressings I always get bacon ranch flavor and it's delicious! 0 calroes, 0 fat, amazing! They sell it at some retail stores I usualy get it from a store called Sunflower Farmers Market, I think Whole Foods sells them to but im not poitive on that.

I like this brand too. I just tried Sesame Ginger. Its got the sweetness of ginger but not overdone like the rasberry vinagarette that is fat free. The Walden farms is made with water, soysauce and spices. It does have 130 g of sodium per Tbs (soy sauce). It is zero calories. I like to mix it with a Kens light sesame ginger that is 35 cal per Tbs. I can get plenty of dressing on a large salad for 35 cal. I also use salsa a lot. I will add several spoons of salsa and just 1 T of fat free ranch. I have done the tuna (no mayo) with Salsa too. I found my walden farms dressing at Kroger.

I have used 2-3 flavors. I have gotten them from Jewel osco in chicago area. Check the bottle. I know of one that has few calories...Italian I think...forgot which.
  • errbear315
    Options
    Fat free Ranch by Hidden Valley! SOO yummy and only 30 calores for TWO tablespoons. I only end up using one usually, and I expend almost nothing on dressing. #winning
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love ranch dressing. I could drink it out of the bottle. I couldn't take the calories any longer so I made up my own. It is so simple.

Cottage Cheese (about 2 tbsp)
    splash of skim milk
    garlic salt
    onion powder
    dried dill
    dried parsley

Blend in the magic bullet blender. You can make up larger batches and just store in the little magic bullet container. Adjust the spices to your taste. This serving is less than 50 calories!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    In a pinch, I'll use mustard. BUT like 2 days ago, I found Paula Dean Peach Salad dressing! Very good across the board. Best wishes!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Fresh herbs like dill, basil, parsley, oregano. Herb it up!
    I usually just drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and skip the oil unless I'm low on healthy fats. Squeeze an orange over it, add grapes depending on other ingredients in it. Nuts and seeds. I love Black olives. Yum!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    Mrs. Dash (salt free) seasoning. I just sprinkle it on and it tastes pretty good. There are different flavors/ varieties available.