Signs you are working in a hostile environment

Options
13»

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    When your co-worker goes behind your back to the manager and tells them you're not doing your job, and that a person you're supervising deserves a better supervisor and so conveniently points to themselves as the candidate (even though that new employee works a COMPLETELY different shift than you to begin with and was NEVER communicated with about any problems).

Yeah, still a little bitter about that one ...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When management decides everyone should get the same salary now regardless of seniority and your salary goes back to what it was fifteen years ago.
  • CrzyAte
    CrzyAte Posts: 55
    Options
    When you work for a company co-owend by brothers and you here rustling in the hallway go out to see the brothers fist fighting and one brother pull a gun out of his fanny pack... YES MY FRIENDS FANNY PACK
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    When the effort it takes not to slap the everlovin' *kitten* out of someone is less than the respect and courtesy you get.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    1. You're afraid to say "bless you" when somebody sneezes... you got told by a co-worker that another co-worker doesn't apperciate it for "religious reasons.

2. You are now afraid to offer snacks, as your head will be ripped off.

3. You are pretty sure they are putting staples on your chair in hoping you will sit on it.

4. You have to cringe as they discuss the song "sexual healing"

Add your own! :D

You can't bless someone when they sneeze, but you're expected to listen to a discussion on a song that talks about sex? Wow.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When your boss tells you that the company is in debt and that all part time employees are taking a pay cut to help but you're the only part time employee and you already make $15/hr. less than the full timers.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When your boss tells you that the company is in debt and that all part time employees are taking a pay cut to help but you're the only part time employee and you already make $15/hr. less than the full timers.

Business was slow this summer and my boss cut my hours COMPLETELY. I live on my own and have bills to pay, he kept my co-workers who live with their parents and don't have any needs. I found out because I was not put on the schedule and it was not sent to me. My boss apparently sent me an email beforehand, but spelled my email address wrong so I never got it.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    When you are not allowed to talk in the office.

When you are not part of an unbreakable clique. Hate it when they say, "We're like one big happy family!" - going by that premise, I must definitely be the black sheep of THAT family, destined to be ostracised .....forever! (or until I hand my notice in)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    When you see your employees keeping daily logs of each other's break times, lunch times, and potty breaks (not where I work now, but a corporate America pressure cooker I used to work in).

Did you work at my job?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    When you walk in and say "Good Morning" and everyone just looks at you and goes back to work without saying a word...

I hate when people do that. I have had some people do that to me and I replied back "Gee I guess some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed".
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    You don't say "good" morning to people when you see them

I stopped, because they didn't respond. lol

I say good morning and people will stare at me like i'm on something.. and then walk by me and not say it back.
    oh well.

thank god it's not just me. I was getting worried.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    When you are not allowed to talk in the office.

When you are not part of an unbreakable clique. Hate it when they say, "We're like one big happy family!" - going by that premise, I must definitely be the black sheep of THAT family, destined to be ostracised .....forever! (or until I hand my notice in)

I'm also ostracised.
    WHich is odd. I'm the nicest person ever.

I've brought these heartless jackals donuts TWICE!
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    Nice guys always finish last, so they say :frown:

Still, at least it makes us original - why would we want to be a 'one of the crowd' clone anyway!
  • Leanne_fat2fab
    Leanne_fat2fab Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1: walking thru the kitchen seeing all these adults run around like children (-_-) so professional.
    2:walking by my ex best friend who thinks I betrayed her and talks crap to my other co workers who alienate me because of what her abd others say about me.. Why? because she's so psyco, they all are. Its a struggle walking past her and not kicking her teeth in (-_-)
    3:immature *kitten* manages walking around with their nose in the airline we are beneath them.
    4:being the only girl busser it sucks. Too many immature men.
    5:I work at disneyland aka: run my feet over with strollers,rude people,crying children,crazy as hell children, psyco parents... Need I say more? Lol
  • foote201
    foote201 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    when employees from other depts don't do their jobs that affect your job and the boss doesn't have your back and tells you to "just go with flow" they have been here longer than you....thanks boss!!!