If you knew how long it took to burn off that Big Mac...

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would never order a Big Mac. gross!

Talk to me when there's ChickfilA available...
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not going to give up eating what I want just because of the calorie count or the amount of exercise I would need to do after eating it. I don't eat fast food enough to worry about it and besides that's just not realistic. In short, eat in moderation and be happy:happy:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't even post this, but that's actually discouraging me to diet. You mean if I ride my bike for an hour I can treat myself to some wendy's??? I'm all over that!!!!!

It's actually somewhat misleading... people should pay more attention to the quality (or lack there of) of those calories, not the number of them and thus how long it might take to burn them off. Not to mention that a cup of 2% milk is just as "bad" as a 12oz can of coke!!!

*shakes head*

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    That's why I try to log the food before it goes in my mouth! Lots of times if I see that huge calorie number I won't feel like eating it anymore.

I actually did that today! I knew we were going to have Chick fil a catered tonight (so no option to order a salad, or grilled sandwich)

It allowed me to structure my day so that I don't go Crazy over my goal AND yes I am eating that brownie for dessert!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    aw man. Now I'm craving a Big Mac....
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options
    A 'drink' ie shake contains more calories than a Big Mac?

That really is shocking

I was totally shocked when I looked up that pumpkin latte from starbucks the other week! It had over 400 cals!!!

I poured it out..... I just didn't have the calories to work with that day
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten fast food in the last 3 months....and any time I feel remotely like I want it...I think about it for a few minutes and remind myself that the employees usually make the food really poorly on top of it being poor quality in the first place. I'd much rather just run over to the market and grab convenience food there.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

That really is shocking

I was totally shocked when I looked up that pumpkin latte from starbucks the other week! It had over 400 cals!!!

I do my pumpkin lattes like this: Grande Non-Fat, No-Whip Pumpkin Spice Latte w/ 2 pumps (of the pumpkin sauce).
    That is 195 calories. Normally it comes with 4 pumps of the sauce and it really does NOT need it. Thinking I might get one now lol
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Meh, its only an hour or so on the bike... I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure if you get a Big Mac to order a side of fries too.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    that chart makes me want to gain back 25 lbs so I can burn the bigmac off 20 minutes faster!!!!!

kidding...

but yeah, I eat mostly what I want to stay under my calories..... Ive obtained a healthy BMI doing so..........
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options
    I probably shouldn't even post this, but that's actually discouraging me to diet. You mean if I ride my bike for an hour I can treat myself to some wendy's??? I'm all over that!!!!!

It's actually somewhat misleading... people should pay more attention to the quality (or lack there of) of those calories, not the number of them and thus how long it might take to burn them off. Not to mention that a cup of 2% milk is just as "bad" as a 12oz can of coke!!!

*shakes head*

Good point!

while it is important to consider the "quality of calories" Personally I am just trying to get a handle of the quantity at this point in my journey.

.....so yea, I have cut out "real milk" (gone almond milk) and "real" soda from my diet (gone with diet)

but I am Not giving up pizza. I just have to adjust my serving size :wink:
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options

That really is shocking

I do my pumpkin lattes like this: Grande Non-Fat, No-Whip Pumpkin Spice Latte w/ 2 pumps (of the pumpkin sauce).
    That is 195 calories. Normally it comes with 4 pumps of the sauce and it really does NOT need it. Thinking I might get one now lol

you sir win the golden ticket for the day!

I plan to order this 1st thing tomorrow morning! :drinker:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • bavindicator
    bavindicator Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Men's Health has a great feature called crime and punishment where they show commonly eaten decadent foods and then tell you an activity that you would have to do and for how long to burn the meal off.

Example:

Taco Bell Chipotle Steak Fully Loaded Taco Salad
    950 calories
    59 g fat (11 g saturated, 1 g trans)
    1,760 mg sodium

Punishment:
    116 minutes on the elliptical trainer
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure if you walked through McDonald's and took a survey, 100% of the people chowing down would agree the food is fattening and bad for you, so not sure labeling it further is going to help...

They have their nutrition facts on the trays. I'm sure the majority of the customers never look at it though.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I personally find a bic mac to be satisfying so I occasionally have one, skip the fries, skip the soda. at 570 it fits snuggly into the middle of a good calorie day.

I would not, however, eat all my calories for the day and top it off with a big mac then try to 'burn' it off.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Yes and I do. Just fit it in the calorie budget.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Options
    Yes and I do. Just fit it in the calorie budget.
    I personally find a bic mac to be satisfying so I occasionally have one, skip the fries, skip the soda. at 570 it fits snuggly into the middle of a good calorie day.

I would not, however, eat all my calories for the day and top it off with a big mac then try to 'burn' it off.

"lifestyle change" .... ya'll are doing it right!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BIG MACS...I cycle a lot so typically i burn 4 Big macs per day (20 miles). However I can't eat a lot of junk food runs right thru me..I pass 4 McDonalds restaurants every time I go on my daily 20 mile trek.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    aw man. Now I'm craving a Big Mac....

Me too!!!!! And yes, if I wanted a Big Mac I'd walk all day and night just to get it :bigsmile: :huh: :huh: