Iphone or Droid?

Replies

• lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Rooted Droid > iPhone > Droid

This is coming from someone who has both (Personal Droid, Work iPhone).
  • Definitely a Droid.
  • IPHONE ALL DAY
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Droid X2

I compared things that were important to me (use, battery life, camera, free apps...) and the droid came up on top for me. I have been really happy with my choice and it is very fast
  • Get an IPhone. I'm working on an app that changes my ex-wifes "swear words" to something more soothing (like, bacon). It will be nice to hear her yell "I think that you are the BIGGEST piece of BACON I've ever met!" Followed by, "I hope you rot in BACON!!" Instead of being upset...I'm hungry! This will be Iphone only
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    If you're a techie or a geek, then Droid. If you're a "regular person" then whatever's cheaper I guess.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    team droid :glasses:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    IPHONE!!!! It has the most apps and the least issues!! It's the original smartphone........you can't go wrong with that!!! Love, love, love it!!
    Least issues...most restrictions. Take that for what it's worth.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Depends on you I think and what you're looking for in a phone.

iPhone just works, there's no real customization, there's a ton of apps, you turn it on, charge it, and if there's something you want to do on your phone, there's an app for that. There's one company that makes the hardware and software, so it's a single point of contact when it comes to updates. On the downside, iTunes is not great, and trying to sync/add/remove music and video on your iPhone on multiple PCs can and usually is a huge hassle.

Android is an open source operating system, every phone carrier has at least a dozen of them, and they all do something a little different with the software running the show. This opens the door to certain problems, if you've ever installed something on a PC and had it not work or work poorly due to driver or operating system version issues, then realize you'll probably get that on an Android at some point. Also, depending on the carrier, you may suddenly find that even tho you bought your shiny new phone less than a year ago, the carrier will have "no plans" to release an update to the latest major Android revision for your phone model.

There is a high level of customization with most Android phones, you can change themes, access them through a USB connection easily, and although there aren't as many apps as the iPhone (yet), they're catching up quick. Android phones are starting to outsell iPhones on the whole, but probably just from the sheer number of Android makes and models out there.

Chances are you'll be happy with either, the MFP app seems to be more fleshed out on Android IMO, although the iPhone one is really nice, too. I would probably go to an AT&T or Verizon store and mess around with the floor models a bit to get an idea for how they both operate instead of taking advice from people online, since there's a pretty thick divide between the two camps, and you're likely to not really get any answer except all of them.
  • I have a DROID, and I love it. It's time for me to upgrade smartphones too, and yesterday I played with the iPhone 4s at the store. I loved it, and ordered it. Now, I'm just waiting for it to come in. I'm a convert!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    iPhone...anything else is just a wannabe.
    Also, when hakers decide to attack phones, the open format of the OS will be a ***** to clean
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    If you're a techie or a geek, then Droid. If you're a "regular person" then whatever's cheaper I guess.

What little you know. TechGeeks go with iPhone for security issues. Nerds and wannabes go with Droid
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I won't write you a paragraph but iPhone.........
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Get an IPhone. I'm working on an app that changes my ex-wifes "swear words" to something more soothing (like, bacon). It will be nice to hear her yell "I think that you are the BIGGEST piece of BACON I've ever met!" Followed by, "I hope you rot in BACON!!" Instead of being upset...I'm hungry! This will be Iphone only

Reason enough for me!
  • I don't know much about Droid, but I recommend the iPhone for its efficient design and many free apps.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 926 Member
    iPhone. I jailbroke mine so I can get any app I want for FREE ;)
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    DROID!! Awesome system ....
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Droid all the way.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member

What little you know. TechGeeks go with iPhone for security issues. Nerds and wannabes go with Droid

Agreed. I am not a techie but know plenty. They own Iphones.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member

I don't know what techgeeks you know. The only iPhone people I know are fanboys. People who want complete control over their phone go with Android.

open source > closed source any day.