Movies that you love, but that no one else seems to be aware

Options

Replies

• Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Also - Thankskilling. Tis the season, guys. Go watch it. Its so terrible.
    Terror Toons. Teeth. Dead Snow.
    Oh god I could go on for days.
    And I looooved Audition

all of those are great lol
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride.
  • baptistgirl23
    baptistgirl23 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like I've seen EVERYTHING! I look forward to watching some of these. My favorite that a lot of people haven't seen is "Into the Wild" with Emile Hirsch...GREAT movie (he should have won an Oscar)!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Return to Oz. FREAKAY.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Mallrats!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Had to read this entire thread to see if any of my favorites were mentioned!

Didn't see:

Cry Baby or Swing Kids mentioned. :heart: both of these!

I think one or two people mentioned Boondock saints. This AND the second. The second wasn't as good, but the cliff hanger at the end building up for a third movie made it worth it.
    Lucky Number Sleven - one of the BEST movies EVER but no one ever knows about it, which is weird b/c it has Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman in it. It's a total mind job movie like Fight Club. Love it!

I haven't seen this in a while, but I loved it!
    "Black Snake Moan"....it's a little dark, but a great story.

Great movie! I never cared for Justin Timberlake, but this one really made me think twice about dismissing movies just because he was in them!

Oh and Life is Beautiful with Roberto Benigni

This movie makes me cry no matter how many times I see it. I'm just a big fat baby near the end! :sad:
    Tarantino's first, "True Romance"

So many big names are in it, yet nobody has ever heard of it or seen it when I bring it up-
    Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Val Kilmer, Patricia Arquette, Christopher Walken, Christian Slater, Dennis Hopper, Gary Oldman.....all these greats in one fabulous movie....sigh :)

This is on my list. I wish the director had kept the tarantino ending, but loved it just the same.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    im pretty shocked at the mention of many very mainstream and well known movies being said lol
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    im pretty shocked at the mention of many very mainstream and well known movies being said lol

Yeah, quite a few that in my circle of friends are not obscure at all. And also a number that are definitely mainstream.
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    xx/xy
    The Rules of Attraction
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    spring, summer, winter, fall...and spring has been one of my favorite movies for years...

Its Korean and about Buddhism (sort of) so it makes since so many people dont know about it though ^^
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    drop dead fred , its one of my favorite movies ever and hardly anyone i know has herd of it

trading mom, also a good move i used to watch as a kid over and over and no one seems to have seen

love drop dead fred, my sister and I watched it nearly everyday multiple times when we were younger
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I agree, I loved 'A Love Song for Bobby Long' and have watched it many times. I thought it strange that people I know had never seen it! It also prompted me to read the book "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" which I enjoyed just as much.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone runs into this: You've seen a movie and you really like it and then you ask people (usually several people) if they've seen it and they've never heard of it.

For example: Arlington Road with Tim Robbins and Jeff Bridges. I love this movie, but no one I work with has ever seen it or heard of it...REALLY?? Another one is Return to Paradise with Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn...such a good movie, but NO ONE I know has seen it or heard of it.

So anyone else have a enjoyable movie that no one else seems to know about?!?!

i loved return to paradise, but hated arlington road, lol
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    'Willow' - 'A reluctant dwarf must play a critical role in protecting a special baby from an evil queen.'
  • revnica
    revnica Posts: 50
    Options
    arlington road is awesome!!! my fav is red eye with rachel mcadams, alot of people said they never heard of it!!!
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    Equilibrium with Christian Bale

I LOVE this movie!

True Heart with Kirsten Dunst
    I've yet to meet one person my age or younger who's heard of this movie. Maybe someone older has?