Reebok Lawsuit - Toning Shoes?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I just read an article that says, although other class action lawsuits were filed with other toning shoe companies, Reebok is the only one providing refunds at this time.

http://kansascity.injuryboard.com/defective-and-dangerous-products/how-to-get-your-reebok-toning-shoe-easytone-and-runtone-refund.aspx?googleid=294562

Shannon
  • bunny876
    bunny876 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the lawsuit because these are the most comfortable running shoes I have ever owned. My husband loves his too! I could really tell a difference in my butt and thighs when I run with them as opposed to my other running shoes. It may be in my head but I absolutley love them.

Maybe when they go on clearance I can stock up on several more pairs. LOL:wink:
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In answer to the people who wondered who would actually sue over this, it was not a suit in that sense. It was more a case of deceptive advertising. The FCC said Reebok could not support the claims it made for the shoes, and the company settled with the FCC by agreeing to pay $25 million to consumers. I think the difference in their claims and others is that theirs were so specific. Here is the beginning of a story from Women"s Health:

Listen up, toning shoe wearers: The Federal Trade Commission says Reebok will pay $25 million to consumers in a settlement over deceptive advertising for EasyTone and RunTone shoes, according to MSNBC.com.

The FTC says Reebok could not support specific claims made in advertisements that wearing EasyTone shoes resulted in "28 percent more strength and tone in the buttock muscles, 11 percent more strength and tone in the hamstring muscles, and 11 percent more strength and tone in the calf muscles than regular walking shoes.”

Read the rest at www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/reebok-easy-tone
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    My skechers were damaging. Not sure about the reebox, my sister has them and has had no problems and she wears them for running.