How long can I REALLY call it baby weight?

Options
Seriously! My son is now 18 months old. Granted the first year or so of your child's life takes alot out of a mommy (waking up with the baby, night feedings, playdates, diaper changes, baths, and lots of love), but it's time for me to focus a little energy on myself. If not for my sake, then for the sake of my son. To make a long story short, I lost 140 lbs almost 10 years ago, gained a few pounds back, but then maintained my weight and lead a healthy lifestyle for years. Then I got pregnant. All of the rules went out the window! While my meals were healthy, I snacked more than I ever had in my entire life. I even woke up for midnight snacks! (WTH?) After my lovely son was born, I spent alot of time alone... in a foreign country... while my husband worked 12+ hours a day and I was alone with my son 24/7. I started drinking M&M tea to ease the loneliness and monotony of my days (BTW M&M is not a flavor of tea if you were wondering... I would fill up a tea cup of M&M's and throw it back - sounds fun huh? It's not, ask my thighs!) So, after months of emotional eating, an international move, buying a house, and enjoying restaurants I haven't been to in 4 years due to being overseas, my body is paying the price. When I look in the mirror now, I don't see the confident, healthy, vibrant woman I used to be. I see the defeated, out of shape, unhappy woman that I used to be 10 years ago. It's time for a change! I plan to blog daily and be active on the message boards to kepe me in check. I would love for you to join me in my journey!

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hmm 18 years?
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Add me for support if you would like!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Lets see.... My oldest is 9 years old. LOL:flowerforyou:
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    ***In Walks MFP Friends*** Psssst, hey, you, put down the M & M tea ; ) This is such a great place to share challenges and victories along the way. There's so many fabulous people on this site. You've done this before, and you can do it again. In no time, you'll be feeling like yourself again. I know what baby weight is like. I've got two kids and I was terrified someone was going to ask when I was expecting the third. That's when I decided the baby weight had to go!
    Add me if you'd like to provide and receive support.
    Good luck on your journey!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    SIX years here!! :laugh:
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    How long can you really call it baby weight? I asked that very question of my sister (her children are older) and she stated until the last one is in college. Although I could not let another year go by feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed by how out of shape I was. After one child, I was able to bounce back. Now with two - and being in my 40s - this is harder than I could have imagined - but I feel better and stronger with each passing week. And I no longer feel gorged when I go to bed or absolutely winded from a few flights of stairs! You are hilarious - love the M&M tea! Seriously though - you have a great attitude! You can do it!
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    13 years here!