Things you totally remember from back in the day......

Options

Replies

• pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    when SNL was funny

We are two wild and crazy guys! lol. I love the old SNL.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Creature Feature on Saturday mornings after cartoons
    I loved Creature Feature with Bob Wilkins for KTVU in San Francisco! John Stanley didn't do it for me as a host. ALWAYS my fav..................NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Them
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    when SNL was funny

The Church Lady!!! lol
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Marathon was a candy bar.

My sister stole a Marathon candy bar from our grocery store when she was little ... she put it in her white (up to the knee) socks. It came in a red, yellow, orange wrapper and you could clearly see it!! Busted, my mother made her go back in the store and apologize to the manager that she had stolen it. She came out and said he said she could have the candy anyway. Many years later she confessed that she never told the manager at all!!! Right _beachgirl_?????

Bahaha! That's hilarious!
  • _beachgirl_
    Options

My sister stole a Marathon candy bar from our grocery store when she was little ... she put it in her white (up to the knee) socks. It came in a red, yellow, orange wrapper and you could clearly see it!! Busted, my mother made her go back in the store and apologize to the manager that she had stolen it. She came out and said he said she could have the candy anyway. Many years later she confessed that she never told the manager at all!!! Right _beachgirl_?????

LMAO! Yep, I did that! As soon as I saw Marathon bar I remembered that! I put it in my shirt first, then I put it in my tubesock after I went back in the store!
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    when SNL was funny

The Church Lady!!! lol

I'm verklempt! Tawk amongst yerselves!

I feel the need to watch old SNL all weekend long now, LMAO.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

Creature Feature on Saturday mornings after cartoons
    I loved Creature Feature with Bob Wilkins for KTVU in San Francisco! John Stanley didn't do it for me as a host. ALWAYS my fav..................NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Them
    CLASSICS!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    hair crimpers,calculator watches,peachy folders
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

LMAO! Yeo, I did that! As soon as I saw Marathon bar I remembered that! I put it in my shirt first, then I put it in my tubesock after I went back in the store!

Wow- are you gonna punch her in the arm later for tattling on you on MFP?:mad:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Dittos jeans on the girls.... *SIGH!*
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Soft Cell, Madness... LOL also going into a shop and buying a big round sweet for half a pence xx

Also using the phone box with a 2p or a 10p I think the minimum is now 20p? Have not used one in ages...

UK here.. LOL xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

The Church Lady!!! lol
    SAMURAI________________
    Coneheads
  • _beachgirl_
    Options

LMAO! Yeo, I did that! As soon as I saw Marathon bar I remembered that! I put it in my shirt first, then I put it in my tubesock after I went back in the store!

Wow- are you gonna punch her in the arm later for tattling on you on MFP?:mad:

Not at all! I have done so much worse than that anyway! She's too far away to punch and I usually didn't punch my sisters, just any *****es that were picking on them!
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    Soft Cell, Madness... LOL also going into a shop and buying a big round sweet for half a pence xx

Also using the phone box with a 2p or a 10p I think the minimum is now 20p? Have not used one in ages...

UK here.. LOL xx

Love Softcell! And I was listening to Our House today!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Animanics, Freakazoid, Tiny Toon Adventures, light up shoes, friendship bracelets, fortune tellers, spice girls, hanson and Poke'mon cards!!!!! Im only 21 lol
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Pagers.
    OMG. So totally forgot about this! I remember all the "codes" we use to send each other.
    420-911-911

I know that code! :wink:

Commodore 64 - oh! Timex Sinclair
    Betamax
    parachute pants
    Portagee Princess bangs (aka Jersey mall hair - anything that required cans of Aquanet)
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    hair crimpers,calculator watches,peachy folders

we actually had a calculator watch in our case at work.... and it got bought....... recently.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    on SNL topic - I thought my kids to say "Landshark" when playing knock knock jokes. It's the only one adults genuinely laugh at :)

This would actually be my Dad's but he went to the doctor for an on-going grumpy tummy (IBS), and the doctor prescribed 1 cigarette after every meal!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat

Wookin pa nub....