Heart Rate Monitors; necessary?

2»

Replies

• desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm not certain about accuracy although in my mind it has to be more accurate because it knows my resting heart rate and my current weight and monitors my heart rate through my entire workout vs a treadmill or elliptical which even when you can punch in your own weight its still doesn't know your V02 max.

But heres my thought, I have the FT60 and I have developed a bit of an affair with it... LOL On Sunday night it sends me a message to tell me if I suck cuz I didn't do enough or if I had a successful week and I don't want to let it down or read the YOU SUCK email. So at first I told that thing I wanted to get healthier and it told me I needed to work out 3:30 per week in zone 2. Then I changed it and todl it I wanted to lose weight and it told me to work out 5:30 hours per week and spend "X" amount of time in zone 1 and "X" amount of time in zone 2. And if that week I was successful in amount of hours working out it says good job. But if my heart rate was too high it will tell me train less in zone 3. And if I was lazy it just tells me "Train A LOT MORE"