Coffee and Weight Loss

Options
124»

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I went from 0 to about 8 cups a day! I only weigh once a month so I'll let you know how it affected my weight loss. I use no cream & splenda, btw.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of white coffee a day. I don't care if it slows down my weight loss I can't live without it :P
    Maybe i missed it (it is 3 am) but what is white coffee??
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just tried truvia in my coffee today. It's awesome! And I also tried So Delicious French Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer. Tastes like drinking vanilla bean ice cream!

Does anybody know where to buy this in the UK?? I'm looking online but no such luck.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of white coffee a day. I don't care if it slows down my weight loss I can't live without it :P
    Maybe i missed it (it is 3 am) but what is white coffee??

It's coffee with some kind of milk, cream or creamer added to it.

Not a black coffee, basically.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, thanks! Makes sense :happy:
  • Chinique
    Options
    I usually have 2 to 3 cups a day. Always have, always will.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee a day (12oz), with half and half and one sugar. It hasn't hindered my progress. I just budget it into my calories. The really fun coffee drinks like Frappuccino's and flavored lattes I have cut down A LOT on. I love the fancy frui frui coffee drinks!!!....with whipped cream piled high on top but OUCH the calories!!!! I've been on a 2 month hiatus from them which is killing me:sad: But I promised myself on my birthday I would have a grande mocha frappuccino with whipped cream and you know what......Tomorrow is my birthday!!!! Frappuccino's for everyone:drinker:
  • Chinique
    Options
    All this talk about coffee makes me want on right now, but I try to spread them out and I have another hour to go.:drinker:

983126.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know this is off topic, but how does quitting smoking effect your weight loss? My boyfriend is really trying to quit and I want to help him by quitting (I don't really want to quit, but sometimes you do things for others you love). I'm worried that after getting in my groove it may stop my weightloss or slow it down and losing is what motivates me.

Any help?
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there that still includes good ol' coffee in their diet? I'm not necessarily talking about drip coffee with a splash of milk or sprinkle of sugar, but espresso and espresso based drinks as well :)

I personally have downed my intake a bit and replaced most days with plain chai tea, but when I do make myself a cup of heaven, it's usually a nonfat caramel latte or white chocolate mocha with lots of foam :)
    "still" - why would I stop?
    I've been drinking coffee (with sweetener and powdered creamer), on and off, since I started college in 1973. For the past few years, I've been drinking at least 1 liter a day, most of it in the morning though I often have coffee at dinner.
    I've never found any reason to not drink coffee and there are credible studies that indicate that it has many benefits.
    In terms of its impact on weight loss, I've never seen any evidence that it has any impact on weight loss. Some folks here on MFP will swear that it helps or hurts weight loss. Fine. I believe that as much as I believed the breathless posting that black pepper hampered weight loss.
    Diuretic effect - I'd love to see it quantified. The only credible reports I've read indicate that the diuretic effect is measurable and bordering on immaterial when non-caffeine users use caffeine and measurable and immaterial for people who regularly use caffeine.
    I had a flavored coffee once. That was enough. :-)