period

Options
how do you get through the weight gain?

Replies

• swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ignore it, it goes away again so why worry about it?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself that week. Happens to every girl, not worth worrying about. x
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, really. You're going to have to live through it anyway. Maybe just stop weighing yourself during that time if it bothers you so much. I tend to ignore it because I know it's water, but I weigh daily anyway (record only once per week) and I know that there's going to be fluctuation so it doesn't generally bother me. :)
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    BUT how do you girls cope with the extra appetite and extreme cravings? I think mine is due and today I just feel starving. I eat a little and then i'm REALLY hungry again an hour later.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Never fails I usually gain 2 pounds that week, but after it is gone. I pop plenty of midol to help with the water gain and that seems to help.
  • kymwilkinson813
    Options
    I do weigh during that time. And even though my weigh in day(s) were before and after, I still saw a weight gain. It bummed me out a little bit, but I know that next Tuesday when I step on the scale, it'll be GONE!
    To deal with the extra appetite, just continue to make the right choices. If you are starving, eat something, just make it a fruit or a veggie...they will fill you up but the caloric intake isn't HUGE! And if it's a serious craving, give in just once...maybe make up for it somewhere else? Or walk a little extra on the treadmill... If you continue to ignore the craving, you eventually will OVERendulge and that's no good either.
    Thanks for posting! It's always good to see that others have the same problems and aren't afraid to share them!
  • kymwilkinson813
    Options
    Midol as a dieuretic? Wow...that's news to me....maybe I should go to the store and stock up for that week after!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I accept that it is going to happen and ignore it. I don't weigh myself when I can see the deifference in bloating. I wait till the bloating is gone to weigh in. The joys of being female!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    First time since I am on this journey I am experiencing weight gain during that TOM. It's a bit unsettling for sure!
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    it's water weight and it'll go away a few days after your period is over; dont worry about it!

I dont even weigh myself when im on my period or even for a few days afterwards. I've even heard that you can retain water up to a week before your period starts.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I usually just don't weigh when I'm on my period. If you do, you'll just stress out over it - and is it really worth it since it's temporary? It's not ACTUAL weight gain!
  • Riara11
    Riara11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    so glad I saw this thread - I was annoyed to gain 2 pounds when I've been exercising/eating right! Now I know it's because of the period...
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    birth control pills
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself.

Have some chocolate.

Don't post about it.

:flowerforyou:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's just a little dot.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself.

Have some chocolate.

Don't post about it.

Cheers!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself.

Have some chocolate.

Don't post about it.

Love you :flowerforyou:
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice. I don't gain, I don't lose, I don't get the cravings, i don't get the hunger.. yadda yadda.

I feel bad for anyone that does. LOL
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    BUT how do you girls cope with the extra appetite and extreme cravings?
    I figured out how mine works when I was, oh, about 13...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    BUT how do you girls cope with the extra appetite and extreme cravings?
    I figured out how mine works when I was, oh, about 13...
    funny-dog-pictures-go-on-forever.jpg