Don't weigh yourself.

Have some chocolate.

Don't post about it.

:flowerforyou:

What she said.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have been having them for about 27 years now. For some reason, I know what to expect every 28 days or so and don't get surprised anymore. Unless you are experiencing some very strange symptoms, it is normal, if you are having strange symptoms, there are doctors that actually specialize in the female reproductive system. Please, stop posting about it.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this question. How do you get through it?

Well, first I use the search function and then I'm done.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    First time since I am on this journey I am experiencing weight gain during that TOM. It's a bit unsettling for sure!

"Journey" and "TOM" in the same post. Wow! :flowerforyou:
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't gain weight.

:flowerforyou:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    comma explanation point colon
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    aa0d950e.png
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    aa0d950e.png

Lol Ty! I was having a difficult time copying the link via mobile :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    midol, excedrine menstral are suppose to help with water weight too.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    MFP is for all questions, I don't see why some people are so mean . It not helpful, or productive or funny. These are serious issues and legitamate questions. If you can't say anything nice then.... P155 0ff x
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Most people weigh themselves way too often. Don't weigh yourself that week. Listen to your body and if you're craving something, have it. Just don't overdo it. I usually crave carbs for several days, but the cravings lessen if I feed them. Especially important to keep your water intake up to flush the toxins out. Cheers
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    MFP is for all questions, I don't see why some people are so mean . It not helpful, or productive or funny. These are serious issues and legitamate questions. If you can't say anything nice then.... P155 0ff x

Completely agree with this!

Yes you deal with this every month, however once you start a new program I feel you really notice those little things. My TOM is about every 3 months (this has been approved by my doctor) and I have been on MFP (or seriously on here) since January 5th. I hadn't had that TOM since I began my weight loss journey in January and when it came to that TOM I did notice a big difference in my body. I learnt that my body really does crave food - a lot of food - mostly sweet food during that TOM and that I did gain/maintain my weight even though I worked out like crazy and I stayed under my goal each day even with the extra foods. Yes, I have had my period since I was like 13 too, but since then I have never been as interested in how my body works and what's good for it, etc. until now (my whole life I have been physically active until the last few years whilst at university whereby I was only doing bits and pieces).

If you haven't got anything constructive and helpful to say, then don't waste people's time. Get a life and take your insults and rants to the gym to get all that built up anger and rudeness out!

Good luck, I freaked out a bit too, but you'll be right, you will find the following week any extra weight will come back off again and the cravings slowly disappear! :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

I can't believe I'm coming back to this, but here you go...

People are being snarky because most women have been dealing with their lady-time since they were teenagers. Along with that usually comes bloating, water retention, etc. All of which will cause a small weight gain. Freaking out about something that you *should* know will go away after you start menstruating is, well, silly, thus, inviting the snark. :flowerforyou:

(You asked.)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Gripe... cuss.. the usual stuff. Ignoring it entirely doesn't work so well with me.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    kotex
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just dont binge out and when you are done with your T>O>M the water weight will go within a day or so...
    . if you stick to your calories (as much as you can) you might even find once the water weight is gone you may have actually lost weight during that time too..
    . I did this past month :flowerforyou:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I can't believe I'm coming back to this, but here you go...

People are being snarky because most women have been dealing with their lady-time since they were teenagers. Along with that usually comes bloating, water retention, etc. All of which will cause a small weight gain. Freaking out about something that you *should* know will go away after you start menstruating is, well, silly, thus, inviting the snark. :flowerforyou:

(You asked.)

I can't believe I'm coming back to this either, but here I go.

Claiming that you "don't notice" these things is not a viable excuse. Every commercial for feminine products refers to the "bloating" feeling that accompanies your menstruation. All pop culture references to menstruation talk about cravings and bloating as well. It basically should be common knowledge for anyone that participates in modern society.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my metabolism spike while im chasing the cotton mouse is so ridiculously high that my workouts seem to count for far more than usual - wait- I said that wrong. My BMR is much higher and with my workouts on top of that- my daily burn total is higher. If I can besmart enough to drink and eat lots of water and not pig out on carbs (choc doesnt seem to make a diff) - then my weight gain at the end leaves and take an additional pound or two with it!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    BUT how do you girls cope with the extra appetite and extreme cravings? I think mine is due and today I just feel starving. I eat a little and then i'm REALLY hungry again an hour later.

Lot's of Air Popped Popcorn. :)