Dears pls help the Pears!

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I used to be a pear. Since having my 4 children, I'm sort of a lopsided jelly bean where I have a pooch in front and a bubble in back. I am trying c25k again in hopes that I can teach myself to be a runner. The first time I tried, I ended up with knee surgery (a cyst in my knee, not related to my running) the second time I tried, I got tendonitis, 3rd times the charm?
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to be a pear. Since having my 4 children, I'm sort of a lopsided jelly bean where I have a pooch in front and a bubble in back. I am trying c25k again in hopes that I can teach myself to be a runner. The first time I tried, I ended up with knee surgery (a cyst in my knee, not related to my running) the second time I tried, I got tendonitis, 3rd times the charm?

3rd time gonna be fine :) do wanna join me
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a pear too. I'm 5'5 and and 56.6kg. I did my last measurements a few weeks ago and they were: bust: 85cm, waist: 67cm, hips: 95cm, thighs: 25.5cm. I don't know how much I can reduce my hips tho because I don't have much of a bum, my hips are just naturally wide. Upper thighs are my main concern and i'm not really sure how to reduce them. I'm hoping as I lose more weight they will just get thinner.

Does anyone have any exercises that they do for upper and middle thighs?
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    debbie of slim in 6 has another dvd called GREAT BODY GUARANTEED she has separate programs for buns and thighs, u can choose the thigh one

if dvd is not the solution then apparently u need to workout ur quadriceps and hamstings (front n back) abductors and adductors(outer and inner thigh) so search on web for those targeting excercises
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    similarly tony horton of p90x has thigh slimmer and bun shaper as two different programs but its not p90x itsomething like power... dont remember name fully, i have bun shaper but not thigh slimmer
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    similarly tony horton of p90x has thigh slimmer and bun shaper as two different programs but its not p90x itsomething like power... dont remember name fully, i have bun shaper but not thigh slimmer
    its power 0ne-to-one with tony horton thigh slimmer
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    heyguys isnt there any body starting c25k?

u r open to suggest changes in challenge, i need buddies
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Count me in. I'm terrified of the Killer Bun and Thigh workout, but having friends and a challenge will definately help!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am a reluctant pear, I don't think that will ever change, but I still want to slim down.
    I'll try the challenge and sub JM KBnT with JM 30DS. I got halfway through C25K a couple of months ago, before my treadmill broke. I want to try to do my running at a park and will probably skip the first couple of weeks.

I am almost 5'6 and a size 8/10 in pants.
    My starting measurements were : 34, 30, 43.
    As of 10/2, my measurements are : 33, 28, 41
    I hope that I lost more inches since then, but don't want to measure until next month.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Count me in. I'm terrified of the Killer Bun and Thigh workout, but having friends and a challenge will definately help!

THANK GOD, somebody is with me now

if u ask me if terrified of jillians dvd too, but the idea is to workout legs everyother day, so suggest what u like
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    I am a reluctant pear, I don't think that will ever change, but I still want to slim down.
    I'll try the challenge and sub JM KBnT with JM 30DS. I got halfway through C25K a couple of months ago, before my treadmill broke. I want to try to do my running at a park and will probably skip the first couple of weeks.

I am almost 5'6 and a size 8/10 in pants.
    My starting measurements were : 34, 30, 43.
    As of 10/2, my measurements are : 33, 28, 41
    I hope that I lost more inches since then, but don't want to measure until next month.

im 5'6" too but 39,37,43 i think so, but anywways ill update on that

I hope u r with me! i just need ppl with similar problems working on similar issues, we can customize plan to ur needs

like i know i wont workout for 3 days during TOM coz im in pain these days
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm planning on picking up the JM bun workout this week. I think that I would like to start the challenge on the 31st instead of the first, that way day 7 will fall on Sunday. I'm excited to get started, I have been needing some motivation to start something.
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    I'm planning on picking up the JM bun workout this week. I think that I would like to start the challenge on the 31st instead of the first, that way day 7 will fall on Sunday. I'm excited to get started, I have been needing some motivation to start something.

im with u

LETS DO IT
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    C25K

The app is called Get Running and the icon is a blue shoe on an orange background.

Week 1
    28 1/2 mins of exercise, 5 mins warm up, 5 min cool down, 8 mins of running total.
    8X - Run 1 min, walk 1 1/2 mins

Week 2
    29 mins of exercise, 5 mins warm up, 5 min cool down, 9 mins of running total.
    6X - Run 1 1/2 min, walk 2 mins

Week 3
    25 mins of exercise (warm up and cool down as usual), 9 mins of running.
    2X - Run 1 1/2 mins, then walk 1 1/2 mins, Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins

Week 4
    31 1/2 mins of exercise (warm up and cool down as usual), 16 mins of running.
    2X - Run 3 mins, then walk 1 1/2 mins, Run 5 mins, walk 2 1/2 mins

Week 5
    Run 1 - 31 mins, 15 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    3X Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins
    Run 2 - 31 mins, 16 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 8 mins, walk 5 mins, run 8 mins
    Run 3 - 30 mins, 20 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 20 mins no walking

Week 6
    Run 1 - 34 mins, 18 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 5 mins, walk 3 mins, Run 8 mins, walk 3 mins, Run 5 mins
    Run 2 - 33 mins, 20 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 10 mins, walk 3 mins, Run 10 mins
    Run 3 - 35 mins, 25 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 25 mins with no walking

Week 7
    35 mins, 25 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 25 mins with no walking

Week 8
    38 mins, 28 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 28 mins with no walking

Week 9
    40 mins, 30 mins running (warm up and cool down as usual)
    Run 30 mins with no walking

COUTESY: city_of_frogs(MFP MEMBER)

But i think there r variations..
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Anybody interested. This challenge gong to start on 31 Oct coz its Monday
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I bought the JM bum workout yesterday. I'm super excited to start!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options

thats really nice!

im preparing my legs for JM this week. So yesterday i did 1st day workout of brazillian butt coz ppl think its easy breezy workout but in 12 minutes i was all huffy and puffy but some how completed my 20 minutes by doin pilates movements later......

today i was very afraid but some how manged to complete kathy smiths 35 mins lower body workout. i chose itcoz its not jumping n hoping kind thing like BBL
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hey Pears! I am happy to be here! I was given this link and I figured I would post here and give you an idea on my lovely pearyness shape!

I am 27 years old
    I am 5 feet 5 inches
    My starting weight is 200lbs
    My current measurements are the following:
    Upper Bust: 41 inches
    Lower Bust: 39 inches
    Upper Arms: 13 inches EACH
    Waist: 37.5 inches
    Hips: 46 inches
    Thighs: 26.5 inches EACH
    Calves: 16 inches EACH

Now, if you look at my shape I am almost an hour glass, but this is not true. My issue with my bust measurement is this: I have unnaturally large ribcage. My bust itself is a 34A, but they always claimed I was a B, but it is because of my large ribcage. If I put myself in a B I could add about two pairs of socks in each bra cup to make it fill out properly!

But I am a pear!
    What I do to work out my pearyness is this:
    >I work on the stationary bike, it really helps out with the thighs and tush.
    >I work on the leg press, this really works out the thighs and tush.
    >I do side rolls with free weights. You stand up straight, chest out and use a weight and roll to the side to about your knee, or as far as you can go to stretch out the sides of your abdomen.
    >I try to work out my arms and shoulders in anyway that I can because if you build muscle, or a stronger upper body, your frame can turn more into an hour glass than a pear.
    >When I go swimming I hold onto a foam board and only use my legs to kick laps back and forth across the pool.
    >When I go swimming I try to do leg raises raising my knees as high as I can and walk across the shallow end of the pool.

WELL!
    That is me!
    Right now I am currently working on dancing, belly dancing especially focuses on the lower part of the body which is nice because it will help tone that part of your body! But yeah! Enjoy what you do!
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options
    Hey Pears! I am happy to be here! I was given this link and I figured I would post here and give you an idea on my lovely pearyness shape!

I am 27 years old
    I am 5 feet 5 inches
    My starting weight is 200lbs
    My current measurements are the following:
    Upper Bust: 41 inches
    Lower Bust: 39 inches
    Upper Arms: 13 inches EACH
    Waist: 37.5 inches
    Hips: 46 inches
    Thighs: 26.5 inches EACH
    Calves: 16 inches EACH

Now, if you look at my shape I am almost an hour glass, but this is not true. My issue with my bust measurement is this: I have unnaturally large ribcage. My bust itself is a 34A, but they always claimed I was a B, but it is because of my large ribcage. If I put myself in a B I could add about two pairs of socks in each bra cup to make it fill out properly!

But I am a pear!
    What I do to work out my pearyness is this:
    >I work on the stationary bike, it really helps out with the thighs and tush.
    >I work on the leg press, this really works out the thighs and tush.
    >I do side rolls with free weights. You stand up straight, chest out and use a weight and roll to the side to about your knee, or as far as you can go to stretch out the sides of your abdomen.
    >I try to work out my arms and shoulders in anyway that I can because if you build muscle, or a stronger upper body, your frame can turn more into an hour glass than a pear.
    >When I go swimming I hold onto a foam board and only use my legs to kick laps back and forth across the pool.
    >When I go swimming I try to do leg raises raising my knees as high as I can and walk across the shallow end of the pool.

WELL!
    That is me!
    Right now I am currently working on dancing, belly dancing especially focuses on the lower part of the body which is nice because it will help tone that part of your body! But yeah! Enjoy what you do!

u r doing really great! nice to hear ur workout plan and tactics to tackle pearness.

that wht i wanna do tackle that 1st meantime with all the cardio ill definately lose some on upper body
    then ill carry on with total body workouts like 30ds
  • dexters_dexterity
    Options

We have to post the weight and measurements by 31 Oct,2011. Copy the text and append ur data. U can mail it if privacy needed.

Date:31 Oct, 2011
    Starting Weight:
    Bicep:
    Bust(fullest):
    Waist(narrowest):
    Belly around navel:
    Hips(widest):
    Thighs (widest):
    Thigh(R)/Thigh(L):