Coffee Calorie Problem!!

Options
I know this has probably been posted a million times... but HELP! I'm dependent on 2-3 tablespoons of half and half in my coffee daily! I know I could be cutting serious calories and fat by omitting this but its the only way it tastes good to me anymore! I used to use skim milk... but I just can't go back! Suggestions on your favorite alternative coffee creamer?! I'm big on going all natural so that is a factor to me in my choice! Thanks!

- Half-and-half-aholic

Replies

• rachaeltaff
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free liquid creamer, which is 15 cal a tablespoon. They have fat free too, but I haven't used it. I drink a lot of coffee, and like you, prefer it with my creamer! So this seems like a better alternative to the usual creamers I use :)
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I put a dash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk & a packet of stevia. Sweet & delicious!
  • geco22
    geco22 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use flavored Coffeemate creamer in my coffee, and not the fat free or anything. Honestly, I just refuse to give it up. You could try the fat free creamer or if you like sweet the sugar free stuff, both have fewer calories. But I love my coffee with real sweetener, so that;'s how I drink it.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Coffee Mate ~ & Venture out a bit ~Their Flavors are deeeelish!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest almond milk too, vanilla or chocolate for a treat
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Why not try Fat Free Half and Half? It's not as watered down as skim milk, and will give you about half the calories of regular half and half.
  • anna_jane48
    Options
    Well, the only thing that I do is drink less coffee. I NEED my creamer in my coffee, so I just drink 1 or 2 cups instead of 3 or 4. It's been working just fine. Also, I am a fan of non-dairy creamer, but yeah, that sucks so just stick with less coffee, not less creamer :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    They have a fat free half and half. It has about 17 calories per TBSP as opposed to 36.

I just drink my coffee with my favorite cream. Coffee is one thing I will not compromise on. I'll occasionally have the sugar free or fat free cream IF I am having more than my normal 3 or 4 cups, but if not, I just use what I like. An extra 10 minutes or so of elliptical is worth it! :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate makes an all natural one, not sure of calories or fat just yet, today is the first day i have tried it but it is good! 35 cal and 1.5 grams of fat for a TBS. Ok for me, that is worth it!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I put a dash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk & a packet of stevia. Sweet & delicious!
    This
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try the almond vanilla idea!

I use the coffee mate creamer as well. I use 3-4 TSP. A lot I know but I need it!

I also started waking up 20 minutes early to ride my stationary bike. It cancels out the creamer : )
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Have you tried fat free 1/2 and 1/2?
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My trainer actually recommended that I use cream in my coffee. From her own experience, she said if you don't get enough fat you will have trouble keeping the weight off in the long run. Obviously it's best to get your fats from healthy sources (like avocado) but a little bit in your coffee isn't a big deal. I use 2 tblsp, and only have one (BIG) cup a day. I don't have trouble staying below my recommended calories or fat in a day - I guess if you do, you culd try to cut down the cream, but if not, I say enjoy!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate sugar free liquid creamer, which is 15 cal a tablespoon. They have fat free too, but I haven't used it. I drink a lot of coffee, and like you, prefer it with my creamer! So this seems like a better alternative to the usual creamers I use :)

OMG! This is madness - we don't have it in the UK (that I know of). Will have to get one of my team to pick me up some when they are next in the states because that sounds fantastic :)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....
    And this. :laugh: I stopped creamer a long time ago, except during the holidays when they bring out the yummiest of flavors (peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, vanilla sugar cookie) then I use it, just way less than I used to use.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    dammit !!! now i want some coffee !! :drinker:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons of regular half and half only has 40 calories. Personally, I don't find it that difficult to fit that into my daily calories - it's so much better-tasting than skim milk, and better for you than the artificial creamers (like Coffeemate). I think it's an indulgence worth fitting into your daily calories. :-)

Fat-free half & half has a weird ingredient list (Nonfat milk, milk, corn syrup solids, artificial color, sugar, dipotassium phosphate, sodium citrate, mono and diglycerides, carageenan, natural and artifical flavors, vitamin A palmitate)
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    i love having a fast metabolism :D
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yup I was on this mission before and I am trying to go mostly plant based foods and stuff and tried diff things in my coffee, even just sugar but it wasn't the same, for the love I just cannot give up(in my opinion) the bad for ya carrageenan filled coffee-mate hazlenut creamer :( I'm not sure what to tell ya besides homemade almond milk and sugar was the better of the things I tried that was more natural and didn't have extra foreign substance.