Coffee Calorie Problem!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've switched to a fat free half & half. 20 cals for 2 tbls and no sugar in it. I've used equal for a long time, the regular sugar leaves a sour taste for me.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I switched to nonfat milk... I haven't even done the comparison to half and half!
  • nickelshine
    Options
    Two tablespoons of regular half and half only has 40 calories. Personally, I don't find it that difficult to fit that into my daily calories - it's so much better-tasting than skim milk, and better for you than the artificial creamers (like Coffeemate). I think it's an indulgence worth fitting into your daily calories. :-)

Fat-free half & half has a weird ingredient list (Nonfat milk, milk, corn syrup solids, artificial color, sugar, dipotassium phosphate, sodium citrate, mono and diglycerides, carageenan, natural and artifical flavors, vitamin A palmitate)

Agree!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Fat free evaporated milk with a touch of vanilla.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, with coffeemate creamer fat free, and splenda. I only have 2 cups every day. I count the calories and I still stay within my limits. I have decided that I can not give up my coffee. I have cut back alot, cause I used to put lots of creamer and sugar init and drink a pot of coffee a day. So Im in the right direction. I love my coffee this way..... I just try to drink lots of water.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I used to be a flavored coffee creamer junkie...though it's low cal it's full of chemical garbage. We started brewing cinnamon in our coffee, by putting about half a teaspoon in the filter. It has lowered my half & half and sugar intake!
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....

My MIL only drinks it black, the stronger the better.

I can only drink it loaded with Splenda and ½+½. She calls it the "melted ice cream effect".

I dream of the day that I can enjoy coffee black, but for now it's my 90 calories/day indulgence.

Maybe the OP can consider a vigorous 15 minute walk at lunchtime, and that will pay for that delicious milk fat.

That almond milk idea is interesting; will have to try it. DW is lactose intolerant, and loves almonds, so....
  • BetteEdmonson
    Options
    Got alot of good advice! My sugar free french vanilla creamer in my coffee is my ONLY splurge of the day. If I'm going to drink only one cup of coffee; it has to taste delicious and, truth be known, it probably has more creamer in it than coffee! Enjoy:).
  • buttercup62999
    buttercup62999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    And it has 4 ingredients thats it!! And I can read them!! LOL
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....

agreed.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Somehow I slowly weaned myself off of creamer and sugar in my coffee and only drink it black. Now it tastes wierd if I add anything to it.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee, with coffeemate creamer fat free, and splenda. I only have 2 cups every day. I count the calories and I still stay within my limits. I have decided that I can not give up my coffee. I have cut back alot, cause I used to put lots of creamer and sugar init and drink a pot of coffee a day. So Im in the right direction. I love my coffee this way..... I just try to drink lots of water.

Melissaol, I agree with you!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Try the fat free half and half...if (like me) it just doesn't give you the "creaminess" that you like, try the low fat half and half. It is 25 cals per 2 tablespoons and doesn't have the mystery ingredients in it like the fat free. I have also been known to mix regular half and half with skim milk in a pinch. You could start doing that and slowly wean yourself off the half and half...
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Once you go black....

LOL!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add; good quality coffee makes all the difference in how much of anything you need to add to it. If it already tastes good, I find that I need less cream or sugar!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I tried almond milk in my coffee, and it was terrible. There's just no creaminess to it at all. I currently use the Caramel Vanilla Breve Creme - it's about 100 cals for 3 Tbsp but I only have one 16-oz mug of coffee at the office (and a smaller cup at home, so I only use 2 Tbsp then).