Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    4-5 days. 3 lfiting, 1-2 cardio days.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I just started workouts last week. Been walking around the lake and then got a treadmill. I'm on my third day of "daily exercise now. My work schedule is loaded and not a 8-5 job, so I'm only able to do 30 mins early in the mornings for now.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Monday-Thursday - 35-40 minutes rollerblading during lunch
    Sunday-Thursday - Jillian Michaels DVD, jump rope
    Saturday-Sunday - some form of exercise, even if it's shopping or cleaning
    Friday - Rest Day

I used to hate exercise and honestly I still do, but I've realized that if I don't get to rollerblade during lunch, I feel horrible during the afternoon and then my night workout is harder. And I really appreciate the extra calories I get to eat.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Monday=some sort of cardio
    Tuesdsay=Weights
    Wednesday=some sort of cardio
    Thursday=Weights
    Friday=some sort of cardio
    Saturday=Weights

Sunday.=nothing..or a nice walk with my girls...

Its been working so far....and in January..I am going to start Crossfit..probably only that 3 times a week cause of the intensity...to tone up the body..hoping the weight will be gone by then..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    I train 5-6 days a week. I lift everyday (1 body part ) for about 30-45 minutes and do an hour or so of cardio. I alternate Tabata training cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I usually rest on Sunday.

Training like this let's me eat whatever I want in higher portions!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    As much as I have time for! Usually about 4-ish times a week =/
    I wish I had time for more.
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do bootcamp classes 5 times a week, an hour each. Rest on Tues and Sundays. Rest is important especially if you're working out hard!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    do you guys exercise? I've pretty much been doing nothing at all as far as exercise goes up to this point and was wondering if three days a week would be enough to start and then bump up later or should I now be doing 5 or 7 days for maximum results......? Just wondering what routines you guys follow during the week!

Thanks! :)

When i started working out again I just started really slow. i actually just started walking every day. i started off walking 2 miles at least then up to 5 miles or more. Now i cycle 6-7 days a week but do some type of exercise daily. The older you get the harder it is to maintain. Whatever you do just be patient and consistent.