Are you a runner? or want to be?

Options
13»

Replies

• irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Would gladly add you.

I'm a runner, it's how I lost most of the weight I've lost. I did my first marathon in September, doing my next marathon on the 13th of next month. Have a couple more planned for next year, as well as a few ultras. :)
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    4-1/2 years ago, after my husband completed a 1/2 he said "you couldn't do it"...that lit a fire under my *kitten*. I started training and signed up for a 1/2 he was doing without him knowing...yep I finished it! Slow, but did it!!
    This would get me going too! My BF is right now bragging how much more weight than me he has lost - without him having to exercise.

He may be losing more weight than me, but I can run circles around him (pun intended!) LOL
  • happymommy40
    Options
    Me! I graduated from the C25K a few months ago and I am slowly adding distance. It is really therapy for me and I'm always in the best mood after a good run! Feel free to add me. I love having runner friends on MFP.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I started running today. I ran 1 mile, without crying, in 9:06. I'll try again in a couple of days.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am midway through a 5K trainer and then rolling that straight into a half marathon trainer and hope to run my first half marathon in March 2012 (New Orleans Rocking Marathon)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Good Work!! I read this somewhere ................ "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch"

Thanks! I'm going to keep following a 5K training plan that I found on Fitness Magazine's website during the winter. I'm in Week Four right now.

Now that I've done two 5Ks (which are 3.1 miles), I want to try adventure racing. I found a 2.8 mile obstacle course that you run and so I'm planning on doing that in the spring. In the meantime, I'm continuing my 5K training plan and am adding more regular weightlifting into my routine so I'm prepared.

I think adventure racing will be fun and might be just the thing to keep me motivated about running.

Shannon
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    *bump*