to those struggling with all the Halloween candy everywhere!

Options
2»

Replies

• woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the normal halloween candy.

If you HAVE to have candy buy a bag of the bite size Hershey Special Dark mix, and only stick with the serving size of 5 mini bars.

200 calories and only 25 mg of sodium.

40 cal per bar and only 6.25 mg per bar.

why shouldn't I eat the normal Halloween candy?
    And yes I enjoy life and all the treats that come along. I eat Halloween candy in October, stuffing and casseroles in November, and all the delicious treats of Christmas in November!

So YES i HAVE to have my candy. Just because I am on a "diet" doesn't mean that I should deny myself the fun of having a treat

Ditto to that chica!!! Why deprive yourself of the many great things our country has to offer?! As long as you're not overindulging it is okay to partake in the awesomeness of (tasty) food every once in a while..I know if I didn't I would just break down and turn into an eating tornado and wouldn't stop!....no bueno!

Regular halloween candy can have 1/8 to a quarter of a days allowance of sodium. By eatign the special dark you get your chocolate fix with lower calories AND low sodium.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    I definitely get what you were saying and I was not trying to attack you...but she is also able to work candy into her food plan so why not just enjoy the candy she wants to eat? Also, she may not be worried about sodium as much as other people are. I know we should all watch our sodium intake but I don't have it on my food diary because I feel the other breakdowns are more important (personal preference) I do love a good piece of dark chocolate but if I am feeling a fun size twix bar and it fits into my allotted calories and whatnot..you bet I am going to eat it! Luckily too...I don't have any type of disease (ex: hypertension) that warrants me to be on a low-sodium diet. So go for that tasty Halloween treat and don't feel guilty (as long as it wasn't 50 different pieces..ha ha!) But to each their own :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I saw some "how it's made" show on valentines and halloween candy, where they dropped the factoid that candy companies start making that special holiday stuff on average 9-11 months in advance.

I just remind myself that the bowl is full of OLD MUSTY CRAP and I don't have trouble leaving it alone!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Don't eat the normal halloween candy.

If you HAVE to have candy buy a bag of the bite size Hershey Special Dark mix, and only stick with the serving size of 5 mini bars.

200 calories and only 25 mg of sodium.

40 cal per bar and only 6.25 mg per bar.

why shouldn't I eat the normal Halloween candy?
    And yes I enjoy life and all the treats that come along. I eat Halloween candy in October, stuffing and casseroles in November, and all the delicious treats of Christmas in November!

So YES i HAVE to have my candy. Just because I am on a "diet" doesn't mean that I should deny myself the fun of having a treat

Ditto to that chica!!! Why deprive yourself of the many great things our country has to offer?! As long as you're not overindulging it is okay to partake in the awesomeness of (tasty) food every once in a while..I know if I didn't I would just break down and turn into an eating tornado and wouldn't stop!....no bueno!

Regular halloween candy can have 1/8 to a quarter of a days allowance of sodium. By eatign the special dark you get your chocolate fix with lower calories AND low sodium.

So...? By saying dont eat it you sure sound bossy :laugh:
    I do not really worry about sodium that much. It may mask my weight loss a tad bit occasionally, but its really not that big of a deal
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I actually do okay around Halloween. Probably because whenever I have chocolate I *have* to chug water. Anything chocolate and I have to have water...even ice cream :laugh:

Nah, what I like to do is have the candy around and then treat myself to one of thos Ghirardelli Rasberry Dark Chocolates. One square isn't that bad, and it's nice and strong so one will do.

Now, leave me with a bag of Starburst jellybeans and watch out :devil: