*~ Gamers In Control~* Open Group!

Options
Hi!

If you're here, you're a gamer. You spend your free time enjoying the beautiful stories of RPG's, or racking your brain with puzzle games, or even bouncing along with a good platformer. Maybe you spend your days pwning n00bs in an FPS, or playing an online MMO. You might even roll funny-shaped dice with your friends on the weekends.

Alas, the sad truth is often that enjoyment of digital entertainment leads to snacking, and snacking leads to jiggly bottoms and double chins. Gaming is, or has been, a sit-down activity in the past (unless you played Dance Dance Revolution!).

Whether you like Grand Theft Auto or Tetris, are devoted to the PS3 or the 360, this is the group for you!

I'm Amber, and I've been a gamer since I was 4. I was brought up on them, and as I work at GameStop, they're the central fact of my life. My friends are all gamers. My parents are gamers.

I'll likely come up with challenges or something once we get more members, and I'll have a banner made sometime within the next week or so. Just looking for awesome gamer types at the moment!

What kinds of games do you like? What are you playing now? How has gaming affected your body? We're here to support one another! :D

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am a gamer!
    I am a computer gamer: Dragon Age (I and II), World of Warcraft, Rift, Spore, The Sims, Sims Medieval...stuff like that.
    Sims was really the first game I really got into when I was growing up.

I grew up with boys so I was always playing video games from Mario to MORTAL KOMBAT(which I still love)

So that is me :D
    I am Alyssa and I am a gamer!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    MMO , RPG, Platformers (*sometimes*), FPS, RTS, sport games

Currently playing: League of Legends, WoW, Madden

Been playing video games since i was 5, got a Nintendo for christmas and havent looked back. PS1 would have to be my favorite old school system however, they came out with a BUNCH of great RPGs back then. Once a year i dig out my PSX and play through FF7 and FFT just for kicks! Also just downloaded Suikoden for my emulator and played through that, such an amazing game!
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a gamer!
    I am a computer gamer: Dragon Age (I and II), World of Warcraft, Rift, Spore, The Sims, Sims Medieval...stuff like that.

I grew up with boys so I was always playing video games from Mario to MORTAL KOMBAT(which I still love)

Ah, WoW. Many Pepsi's you made me consume. ><
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am MMO too :)! Left wow after cata. Now playing rift. Also dabbling in xbox ..
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've been 8-bit bleeding since the original Nintendo, playing Maniac Mansion and TMNT! My dream is to be able to cosplay some of my fave characters for halloween or going to a convention etc!

Right now I'm re playing Oblivion, in preparation for Skyrim!

I also play LoL, WoW, Halo, Rainbow Six vegas.. If its a game, you better believe Im going to play it!
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dungeons & Dragons! pwn'n the goblins, skinning the dragons, and shattering ancient artifacts every Saturday.

I haz many dice.
  • AmberXenon
    Options
    Yay for those who know what a d20 is!

My first gaming system was an Atari 2600 when I was 4. Then I moved up to a Turbo Grafix 16! I missed the Mario, but I got to play some fantastic RPG's, which will always be my first love. :3
  • PennyNickel14
    Options
    Dungeons & Dragons! pwn'n the goblins, skinning the dragons, and shattering ancient artifacts every Saturday.

I haz many dice.

Hey! I have not rolled the 20d in a while but hi!!
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Eeeee I forgot about my DnD'n! Well, really its Pathfinder, but its 3.5, only better! I have a stupid amount of Dice, as well as Miniatures, since I play Hordes and Maulifaux as well!
  • impudentputz
    Options
    I've been 8-bit bleeding since the original Nintendo, playing Maniac Mansion and TMNT! My dream is to be able to cosplay some of my fave characters for halloween or going to a convention etc!

Right now I'm re playing Oblivion, in preparation for Skyrim!

I also play LoL, WoW, Halo, Rainbow Six vegas.. If its a game, you better believe Im going to play it!

Omg, Maniac Mansion... I was 100% lost in that game constantly... i might pick it up again now that i can grasp the concept of simple things :)
  • AmberXenon
    Options
    Eeeee I forgot about my DnD'n! Well, really its Pathfinder, but its 3.5, only better! I have a stupid amount of Dice, as well as Miniatures, since I play Hordes and Maulifaux as well!

DnD 3.75 ^_^

SUIKODEN!! Probably one of my favorite games ever...aside from Valkyrie Profile. <3
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I am a gamer!

Ah, WoW. Many Pepsi's you made me consume. ><

Lucky for me I stopped drinking Soda back in 2002. BUT I did consume MANY gallons of milk, bags of cheetos, and pounds of skittles!
    Mmm that sounds good right now!
  • purseus
    purseus Posts: 54
    Options
    well gaming hasn't really affected my body that much i'll play about 8 hours a day with some breaks in between. anyway i usually play some FPS, RPG, currently playing war inc. battlezone, and migika
  • impudentputz
    Options

I haz many dice.

Like some people, i have a certain 20s die that i use as a DM... and i always implement a variant house rule.. if i roll three 20s in a row... you die... an i explain how they died whether it be hitting an artery or something... noone is ever happy with the outcome... but oh well, im the dm :)
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty awesome to me. I used to be a MMO girl, I play D2 quite a bit back in the days, and then some guild wars. In recent years I'm more on the console side, wii, and 360.

Now that D3 is going to be released soon, pretty sure I will be back on the computer once more. :)
  • AmberXenon
    Options

I haz many dice.

Like some people, i have a certain 20s die that i use as a DM... and i always implement a variant house rule.. if i roll three 20s in a row... you die... an i explain how they died whether it be hitting an artery or something... noone is ever happy with the outcome... but oh well, im the dm :)

Ohh...the triple threat rule.....><

This one is going to bed. Keep chatting about games! Like I said, I'll have a banner of some kind in a few here, and I'm gonna make a roster for the group. PM me your name, and I'll add you to the list!

Have a great night!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I wana play too :D Lately, (well not lately more like that last year)I have been so glued to Fallout!!!!! Fav game for sure :D And of course the Resident Evils! (maybe not so much 5) Any case I was a ps2 lover until mine died and they seemed to have gone extinct then got an xbox and just last week traded it in for a ps3. Of course I'm a sucker for any anime styled game :D Like...... Catherine lol

As for classic games Tetris is always in my heart
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I haz many dice.

Ohh...the triple threat rule.....><

This one is going to bed. Keep chatting about games! Like I said, I'll have a banner of some kind in a few here, and I'm gonna make a roster for the group. PM me your name, and I'll add you to the list!

Have a great night!

whoa whoa WHOA D&D>!?!!?! YESSSS :D Used to play all the time!!!!!! Never a dungeon master though :(
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I have never played D&D so I never got to be a DM
    BUT!
    But... I do have two guilds on WoW so I am a double GM? LOL
  • PennyNickel14
    Options
    You know what game is shockingly hard. That newish Donkey Kong game for the Wii? That was NOT made for children LOL! Hard!