Oct Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• Akemy_M
    Akemy_M Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey girls!! I really don't post a lot, but I'm still in my diet and doing some circuit training ang walking/running!

Last week I raced for the first time (5k) and it was great! I will try to post more often... And finish this october challenge strong!
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    i am so stuck at a plateau weigh in for week three is 227 i haven't lost a thing this month so far. ughhhh :-( i am really going to try and do good this week and hopefully get to 225 by my birthday next saturday and that will be the 50# lost mark. Wish me luck.
  • wifewith2boys
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs this week. I was lax on the exercise and people were bringing food to work to share. Lots of bad food choices. I did log everything. I was way over 2 days this week but stayed under the rest of the time. I am going to try really hard to get back on track this week.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i want to keep going. i feel like i had a little success now so i want more and im not sure i can do it without you!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i want to keep going. i feel like i had a little success now so i want more and im not sure i can do it without you!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I am in. I also have never blogged. My life is not all that interesting and I don't share readily. I will give it a go however. After all I can tell myself it is for the team. If I don't ask for support than how can someone give it.

I am ready for this week. I have to be because last week was "MY WEEK OF OVERINDULGENCE". I went out to eat too often and ate totally decadent foods (like the huge piece of cherry cheesecake I had for lunch on Friday - ah... so delicious, I still think of it.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    can't believe we're into the final week of October already! Last week wasn't too great for me, I think I only managed to get in about 3-4 miles tops of walking/jogging. Did the squats and plank exercises a few times, and didn't stay in the green zone for mainly carbs and sodium. :( Wasn't very proud of my food choices either, but I guess this week will be redemption week! I want to make it count and really work hard at the challenges this time.

great job on getting this far everyone, and if you're struggling like me, hope this week would be a fresh start!

here's my blog link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mabelebam if you're interested! :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Awesome! You can do this, I believe in you. If there is anything you want to do as a challenge, let me know!
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Keep going is a great idea. I had success first part of the month, but this last week I gained back 1.6 pounds :-( But I am trying not to let it stop me. and pushed myself for a longer and faster walk today. So glad I walked over 6 miles today. I got off the track there, but I am hopping right back in. I know that with support of this wonderful group I can do it. Thank you
  • mkaluzny
    Options
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I'm so glad we are keeping this going. These challenges really make a difference. I'm not much of a blogger but I will try this week. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Emwalker3406 is my two old posts. I think it would be nice if our name said something about our ultimate goal to be a lil healthier one day at a time.
    I tried to view your blog, but it said that I did not have permission.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    My youtube stretch is for neck stiffness. The link is listed. Watching this made me feel like a real idiot. I have always had neck pain when exercising and I try to stretch it afterward, but I never thought to use my hands to extend the stretch. I will continue to do these stretches to see if they make a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z01JV-w94Q
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    My youtube stretch is for neck stiffness. The link is listed. Watching this made me feel like a real idiot. I have always had neck pain when exercising and I try to stretch it afterward, but I never thought to use my hands to extend the stretch. I will continue to do these stretches to see if they make a difference.

Awesome! I am loading it right now! I have neck pain all the time from sleeping to work related. Thanks for sharing!
  • jennmoore3
    Options

Awesome! I am loading it right now! I have neck pain all the time from sleeping to work related. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, that really felt wonderful!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Here's mine! Jumping Rope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O31_Av5oY64
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week!! I want to continue on into next month too!! :) I think the challanges this week sound awesome!! I'm so into getting everything low sodium already. I haven't gone over my sodium yet so far, but I think for this week I'm going to challange myself to measure any salt I put on things (including air popped popcorn!!) so that I get a truly accurate reading of sodium!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Hi all! We all must be super busy. Pretty quiet on here. I have a sick child, I am taking to the doctor sometime today. Maybe, just maybe she will let me walk in the basement on the treadmill for a while later.
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I have a book club meeting tonight. That means I will have to be really selective about what I eat. The Theme is French food. I am bringing a French Cut green bean casserole. The Book - Sarah's Key (obviously set in France).
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I have a book club meeting tonight. That means I will have to be really selective about what I eat. The Theme is French food. I am bringing a French Cut green bean casserole. The Book - Sarah's Key (obviously set in France).

So, do you all read the same book and then get together and talk about it? How fun!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Yes, this month's book was Sarah's Key. Set in France; so French toast, French silk pie, French cream cheese cake, French cut green beans, French bread pizza, French wine, French crepes. You get the picture, which is why I have 900 quick calories for dinner. Oh, I for the French vanilla cappuccino.