Oct Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi all! We all must be super busy. Pretty quiet on here. I have a sick child, I am taking to the doctor sometime today. Maybe, just maybe she will let me walk in the basement on the treadmill for a while later.

I have a sick toddler this week! I hate when they get sick.
    My workouts have been going okay, but couldn't run today do to shin splints...grrrr.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My weight is going to be off this week lol so be prepared to laugh at the HUGE number.

I have gained a ton of weight the day after I lift I gain a bit from the water plus I am in surplus so some of it is prolly that too
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I know one of the challenges this week was to blog. If you would all provide the links to your blogs, I would love to read them and comment. I am interested in all of my teammates.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    oh woops I forgot to do that one. shall do it tonight probably about not putting deep heat on your arm pits
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    oh woops I forgot to do that one. shall do it tonight probably about not putting deep heat on your arm pits

Tisk Tisk, bad Rita! LOL kidding!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    So, any ideas on what we should call November's challenge??? I am at a loss.

Today's quote!

The only difference in try and triumph is just a little umph
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    5th lb is gone today YAY!!!

for this Challenge I started at 140 and today I am 135 (:

thank you for all your support!!!

Good luck everyone. I know you all can do it!!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    My vote for a name is for "Nutrition in November", or if we want to be negative "Naughty November"
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    Jenn,

I read your blog. I love the insights one gets from reading what other people have to say. I will await a few more; so that I can become more insightful (and hopefully more aware of what it takes to be fit).
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was gone for 3 days to Seattle for our anniversary but I am back and last night when i came home i ate one of the homemade choc cupcakes i had made for bookclub and had left over and frozen…

I was so disgusted with myself after 3 days of eating out and then still being bad I took the bag and marched out to the garbage and threw the rest away! I should have done so the night of bookclub but its hard to throw out my fav stuff unless I am real strong.

We did do a ton of walking since we took train and had no car.

I am determined to get back on track….
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    I was gone for 3 days to Seattle for our anniversary but I am back and last night when i came home i ate one of the homemade choc cupcakes i had made for bookclub and had left over and frozen…

I was so disgusted with myself after 3 days of eating out and then still being bad I took the bag and marched out to the garbage and threw the rest away! I should have done so the night of bookclub but its hard to throw out my fav stuff unless I am real strong.

We did do a ton of walking since we took train and had no car.

I am determined to get back on track….

Good for you. I usually end up taking stuff like your cupcakes to work; so that I can get rid of them with no waste, but I can see how tempting they would be after a long trip. I am sure all the walking helped a lot. That is my main exercise.
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    One of the big downfalls of early retirement and having seasonal part time work of which i am home now….no one to give stuff too which is why i should have just thrown away. I had a huge bowl of apples from my tree which i gave away to the ladies but no one took the cupcakes home…i finally got a group of friends that are healthy, thin and only will eat one piece of something at our meetings…they are such a good example!

We are picking the rest of the apples today and i am making homemade apple sauce.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Jenn,

I read your blog. I love the insights one gets from reading what other people have to say. I will await a few more; so that I can become more insightful (and hopefully more aware of what it takes to be fit).

You are so funny! I am so not a expert on anything! But thanks for the compliment!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    My vote for a name is for "Nutrition in November", or if we want to be negative "Naughty November"

OHHH I like that name!!! Love it! What does everyone else think???
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Again this week, I am having issues with food. I am still bouncing up and down for the past month. I had a light bulb moment. :sad: Sodium is everywhere! I never pay attention to anything other than calories. Today I have been looking nonstop! This is crazy! Anyone else have issues with sodium being high? Do you know you can go to the reports section and look at just soduim for the past month?!?!? I have been hovering in the 2-3000 range! EEK!!! :noway: No wonder why I am not losing like I was! My garden is gone and the veggies at the store are looking like crap! So, I have not been eating fresh ones like I was this summer. It all is coming together for me now! I have a silent enemy! I will overcome him, I just need to read more!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Nutrition in Nov sounds good…naughty name is funny but considering we will all be fighting temptation at thanksgiving we better stick with Nutrition!!
  • mkaluzny
    Options
    @healthymaria: I also retired this past June (This was actually the 2nd retirement for me) I retired from the medical profession in 2009 and from teaching in 2011. Now I work part/full-time at a Sports Complex. I am enjoying some of the freedoms that come with retirement, but still need the time management that working brings.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Again this week, I am having issues with food. I am still bouncing up and down for the past month. I had a light bulb moment. :sad: Sodium is everywhere! I never pay attention to anything other than calories. Today I have been looking nonstop! This is crazy! Anyone else have issues with sodium being high? Do you know you can go to the reports section and look at just soduim for the past month?!?!? I have been hovering in the 2-3000 range! EEK!!! :noway: No wonder why I am not losing like I was! My garden is gone and the veggies at the store are looking like crap! So, I have not been eating fresh ones like I was this summer. It all is coming together for me now! I have a silent enemy! I will overcome him, I just need to read more!

:flowerforyou:
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't know about all of you but I am looking forward to tomorrows weigh in!! Even though I think it will be less than a lb lost since last week. Are we going to do measurements at the end of Oct still and then continue on through Nov?