How can I loose my top half?

Options
I am very top heavy, even for my size now..I have tried EVERYTHING. No matter what I do, they never shrink. Even at a size 2 I was a full DD. At my fattest I was an F Cup. I worked out my chest very very hard and lost only 1 cup. Are there and special excersises that will bust that fat out? I want to loose 1-2 cup sizes.. Right now I am a 34/36 DDD.

Replies

• astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am very top heavy, even for my size now..I have tried EVERYTHING. No matter what I do, they never shrink. Even at a size 2 I was a full DD. At my fattest I was an F Cup. I worked out my chest very very hard and lost only 1 cup. Are there and special excersises that will bust that fat out? I want to loose 1-2 cup sizes.. Right now I am a 34/36 DDD.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Breast reduction, baby.
    I had one a year ago. AM SO GLAD TO HAVE HAD IT, scars and all.
    I never lost weight in the chest, only added to it.
    Look into your insurance options.
    :flowerforyou:
  • astarte09
    Options
    eek.that is so scary..I have always tried to do everything but... is there any other way?!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Duct tape
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

ugh, same problem - 36 FF! the girls are the first place i gain. i weigh more now than i ever have, and the fattness started moving to other places which freaked me out - hence, changing the way i eat!

but seriously, i am a bit worried they wont go down when i loose weight. it seems like they should but who knows. i guess time will tell.

i would love to have a reduction, but who knows if i will ever have kids (id hate to go thru a surgery to have a pregnancy jack it up...). if i dont by the time i am 40 and the girls are still blocking the view of my feet, then im all over it!

i feel your pain, sister! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Duct tape

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • astarte09
    Options
    Duct tape

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is so funny.. I actually had a dance teacher do that to me once :sad: ..In front of the whole dance team. She made me go get tape from the wrestling coach, and then lift my shirt...And she tapped them down...my mom was furious
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh I bet she was! I knew a few dancers who did it.
    DD here... I just deal with em.

Also, pectoral work can actually emphasise the chest not detract... the muscle builds under the breast tissue.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. your predisposed genetically to carrying the weight in your upper half of the body if you were a dd cup at size 2. a breast reduction as someone else said will be the only way
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have such an opposite problem.
    I don't have even a full a-cup.
    Try having your doctor tell you, that you don't have a handful of boob, not even enough to physically put in a mammagram machine. I went for a checkup, and they couldn't do a mammagram --breast cancer runs in my mothers side of the family-- .. I DON'T have enough boob to even put in the machine.
    No bra's fit me, because the a size bra's don't reach around my frame. I'd have to use like three extenders if I ever wanted it to fit.

Even with my boobs, pushed together, held with tape and pushed up, I still don't have any cleavage, it's embarassing and ridiculous. When my friends with huge boobs say I should be glad I don't have it, it causes back pain and all these other ridiculous problems, I kind of laugh at them, because they have no idea what it's like for me, and then again, I have NO idea what it's like for you ladies either.
    My one friend got a reduction, her boobs we literally, bigger than her head, she says its the best decision she's ever made. I've promised myself when I get to my goal weight, I'm gonna buy me some boobs.

Maybe we can trade?! ahaha.
    The only thing I can suggest is a reduction, maybe your doctor might have other options/suggestions for you?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Breast reduction, baby.
    I had one a year ago. AM SO GLAD TO HAVE HAD IT, scars and all.
    I never lost weight in the chest, only added to it.
    Look into your insurance options.
    :flowerforyou:

I agree with Lauryn. I had a breast reduction 2 years ago this February. I am so much happier with it than I was big boobs.
  • ndarling
    Options
    Get a great bra and embrace what your momma gave ya! :) oxox
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

ugh, same problem - 36 FF! the girls are the first place i gain. i weigh more now than i ever have, and the fattness started moving to other places which freaked me out - hence, changing the way i eat!

but seriously, i am a bit worried they wont go down when i loose weight. it seems like they should but who knows. i guess time will tell.

i would love to have a reduction, but who knows if i will ever have kids (id hate to go thru a surgery to have a pregnancy jack it up...). if i dont by the time i am 40 and the girls are still blocking the view of my feet, then im all over it!

I have the same problem. At my smallest I was a D. When I was first the size I am now I was a DD. At my biggest I refused to get measured and just bought random bras (torture!), and now I'm a G. Now, how on EARTH am I two cup sizes larger now than I was before at the same weight?! I want them to go away! :sad: I'm hoping they'll shrink more as I lose, but I don't even know if I'll be able to get back to a D! I have the same thoughts about having kids/surgery. I just don't know how much longer I can handle the increasing back pain. Not to mention the expenses of buying bras that actually support you! Speaking of bras...where can one with our sizes find bras that are at least a little sexy? I hate feeling like a grandma! :cry:
  • heather0mc
    Options

have a couple great bras but shees! they cost upwards of $75 a piece!

i so wish i could just go to target and pick several up for that price! and bathing suits (not that i would wear them until i get to my goal, but...) are even worse!
  • astarte09
    Options
    Try having your doctor tell you, that you don't have a handful of boob, not even enough to physically put in a mammagram machine. I went for a checkup, and they couldn't do a mammagram --breast cancer runs in my mothers side of the family-- .. I DON'T have enough boob to even put in the machine.
    No bra's fit me, because the a size bra's don't reach around my frame. I'd have to use like three extenders if I ever wanted it to fit.

Even with my boobs, pushed together, held with tape and pushed up, I still don't have any cleavage, it's embarassing and ridiculous. When my friends with huge boobs say I should be glad I don't have it, it causes back pain and all these other ridiculous problems, I kind of laugh at them, because they have no idea what it's like for me, and then again, I have NO idea what it's like for you ladies either.
    My one friend got a reduction, her boobs we literally, bigger than her head, she says its the best decision she's ever made. I've promised myself when I get to my goal weight, I'm gonna buy me some boobs.

Maybe we can trade?! ahaha.
    The only thing I can suggest is a reduction, maybe your doctor might have other options/suggestions for you?

I wish I could give you one full boob, and just spread my remaining 2 out! I think I am just going to try to loose, and pray they shrink this time.. they went down a whole cup last time! I would take a full c please. I may just have to reduce :frown:
  • astarte09
    Options
    At least I am lucky mine are perky.. I think its because I have always worn expensive supportive bras..
  • heather0mc
    Options

I have the same problem. At my smallest I was a D. When I was first the size I am now I was a DD. At my biggest I refused to get measured and just bought random bras (torture!), and now I'm a G. Now, how on EARTH am I two cup sizes larger now than I was before at the same weight?! I want them to go away! :sad: I'm hoping they'll shrink more as I lose, but I don't even know if I'll be able to get back to a D! I have the same thoughts about having kids/surgery. I just don't know how much longer I can handle the increasing back pain. Not to mention the expenses of buying bras that actually support you! Speaking of bras...where can one with our sizes find bras that are at least a little sexy? I hate feeling like a grandma! :cry:

i bought mine from a local store called loretta's intimates. actually, not sure if they are local or this was just a franchise or what. anyways....they have a website i am sure you could google. the biggest prob with that (to me) is that you cant try them on first. nothing worse than looking like you have missle boobs! but i did find they have cute ones and got a couple. i cant recall the brand name but i can check it out later.

i am in need of a couple new ones, but want to wait to see if they shrink first! i know it wont be that much but i am really crossing my fingers...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

i so wish i could just go to target and pick several up for that price! and bathing suits (not that i would wear them until i get to my goal, but...) are even worse!

I agree about Target! About bathing suits...now I, personally, haven't been able to find one yet but my sister in law lent me her bathing suit last year when I was visiting and it had UNDERWIRES in it! UNDERWIRES IN A BATHING SUIT!!???! It was like the heavens were smiling down on me! No, I didn't prefer to even be in a bathing suit but I was so happy to have my girls supported! She said she found it at Kohls. Keep your eye out! :smile:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Right there with ya girl! I was so happy when I got a 36AA. Wow, I'm bigger than an A and almost a B!!! Not so fast there, it means Almost A :grumble:

Having said that I LOVE my boobs (and pretty much my body in general!) But yeah, those mammogram machines suck! They just pinch me nipple :noway: (Said the actress to the bishop!! :laugh: )
  • heather0mc
    Options

I agree about Target! About bathing suits...now I, personally, haven't been able to find one yet but my sister in law lent me her bathing suit last year when I was visiting and it had UNDERWIRES in it! UNDERWIRES IN A BATHING SUIT!!???! It was like the heavens were smiling down on me! No, I didn't prefer to even be in a bathing suit but I was so happy to have my girls supported! She said she found it at Kohls. Keep your eye out! :smile:

:bigsmile: i think my bathing suits have always had underwires in them :wink: i WILL keep my eye out because i WILL be wearing one this summer - first time in 3 years :happy:

i think i started my 'adulthood' in a size c and have ballooned up to ff's. i didnt even know they had that size! i almost fainted when the lady brought me that size. oh well. we will all have to check in with each other in 3 months to see if they shrank at all. if not, we might be able to get a multiple reduction discount! :laugh: