Genetically Modified Fish....WTF

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
Hey,
has anyone else seen this and think its absolutly as crazy as i do...

http://www.takepart.com/article/2011/10/13/fda-supports-selling-genetically-modified-salmon-report

If you have not seen the Documentary Food Inc.. you should absolutly watch it..
Every American should know what goes on with the food we Eat. You can watch it on Netflix Instantly. Check it out!

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hey,

http://www.takepart.com/article/2011/10/13/fda-supports-selling-genetically-modified-salmon-report

Every American should know what goes on with the food we Eat. You can watch it on Netflix Instantly. Check it out!

Part of the problem is the stupid amounts of people we have living on this planet. Too many people having too many kids.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Mmmmm... frankenfish!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Everything we eat at this point has been genetically modified at some point :laugh:
  • _Boomerang_
    Options
    MONSANTOS! YAY!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • allison_joan
    Options
    Hey,

Part of the problem is the stupid amounts of people we have living on this planet. Too many people having too many kids.

Actually, too many people aren't having too many kids. Yes, the world is very populated but the US and many other developed countries aren't having enough children to sustain human life.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Didn't we go over 7 billion recently?
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I think it's gross and who the hell decided it was ok to put chemicals in our food, duh, not the brightest thing there. It makes me sick that the politics allow this to happen, they are literally poising the humans.
  • allison_joan
    Options

We are supposed to reach 7 billion sometime next week.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Unfortunately this is the natural progression of life. We overfish, we need to find something else to take the place of the animals we consume that are becoming endangered. I'm not sure where I stand on this point as I love animals and the world very much. However people have done this to themselves. The human race has become greedy and wants, wants, wants. This is a solution to a very big problem. I'd rather people eat genetically modified fish than to wipe another species off this planet.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Hey,

Actually, too many people aren't having too many kids. Yes, the world is very populated but the US and many other developed countries aren't having enough children to sustain human life.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

7 BILLION people.

7. billion.

That's not enough to sustain human life?

Please, tell me you're joking.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OP: I hear you, but personally I'm in favor of allowing people to buy GM foods after FDA approval. All products of agriculture are genetically modified, from selective breeding to produce large ears of corn through full on irradiation of seeds to produce new species (pink grapefruit, anyone?).

Mac: I think she means to sustain the population at current levels and just misspoke.
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options

We are supposed to reach 7 billion sometime next week.

And you don't think thats a lot? The world is overpopulated - and that is a fact!
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    I think it's gross and who the hell decided it was ok to put chemicals in our food, duh, not the brightest thing there. It makes me sick that the politics allow this to happen, they are literally poising the humans.
    Once again, maximum production to be able to keep up with the demands of our "underpopulated" world.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    OP: I hear you, but personally I'm in favor of allowing people to buy GM foods after FDA approval. All products of agriculture are genetically modified, from selective breeding to produce large ears of corn through full on irradiation of seeds to produce new species (pink grapefruit, anyone?).

Mac: I think she means to sustain the population at current levels and just misspoke.

Then go ahead and eat all those chemicals. They're good for you!

We don't need to sustain the population at the current level. We need to knock a few billion off. There should be a limit on how many kids people can have, especially, especially those who can't afford them or require financial help.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Then go ahead and eat all those chemicals. They're good for you!

Sounds like we agree! (That's my proposal - that I be allowed to buy GM food if I want, and that you be allowed to live on wild berries if you want.)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    No way in hell im eating Genetically modified fish. Sorry but after i watched Food Inc I will no longer eat chicken. And i love chicken. thats all i would eat. No more for me unless its kosher or organic. If people take a stand and buy organic it will become less expensive over time.
  • allison_joan
    Options
    Hey,

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

7 BILLION people.

7. billion.

That's not enough to sustain human life?

Please, tell me you're joking.

I'm not joking? I'm actually in a demographic, population & society class right now. Maybe go read a book or just watch the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Colinpri1#p/u/0/zBS6f-JVvTY
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that more people don't know so much of the food in the US is genetically modified. It's like food is a big secret here.

Basically, if it doesn't say no GMO, you can assume it's genetically modified.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    All "domestic' food is genetically modified through breeding.
    Genetically modifying animals to withstand the rigors of farming is better than pouring chemicals all over them.

I am not a fan of incredibly dense farming, but there are 7 billion people to feed and "organic" is just a quick path to worldwide famine if its scope increases.