Controversial Ice Cream?

alias1001
alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
Some supermarket chains a refusing to carry a Ben & Jerry flavor because it has a naughty name: http://news.yahoo.com/stores-freezing-ben-jerrys-flavor-213431173.html

I'm not a parent, but doesn't the One Million Moms group have something more constructive to do? There are needy children in the US and all over the planet, but go ahead and waste your time over freakin' ice cream.

Replies

• micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    I'm glad they have Red Herrings like this to chase so that they don't go after anything important. If they succeed in stopping this ice cream, all we have lost is ice cream. At least they aren't protesting anything that threatens our civil rights in a real or serious way.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Honestly are young children even going to get the reference?
  • amysuemartin718
    amysuemartin718 Posts: 99 Member
    I agree. We actually went to Ben and Jerry's and tried it. It was fun in the store asking to try a sample. My friend was whispering the name and the girl behind the counter said, Oh just say it out loud, look at me I have to wear this T-shirt advertising in public."

A good laugh is worth a lot!!!!!!!!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Oh my - got to get Me some of THAT!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    bump
  • LMAO!!! too funny! these people really have nothing better to do then I guess. I would buy it just because it's hilarious to say you are eating "Schweddy Balls"
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Seriously. Its ice cream. And kids probably don't understand the innuendo anyway, and if they do, they are older or you have bigger things to worry about.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I find this ridiculous. Seriously children are not going to get the reference and if they do get it chances are they talk about a whole lot worse when mom/dad aren't around.
  • Dandielles
    Dandielles Posts: 6 Member
    I heard about this and the whole controversy with the crazy mom's group. All it did was inspire me to buy some. It's just ice cream!! So, I bought some and ate it while watching the original SNL skit with Alec Baldwin. I am now a fan of both. (And yes, I'm a mom - but I sure as hell am not crazy!)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    T^hose are women who need two things

1. a life
    2. I won't say, it will get me in trouble.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i love schweddy balls! lol theres a pint in my freezer right now and ive been eating a half serving at a time ;D
    i think its stupid to get panties in a bunch about it, its just ice cream!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    I think the Million Man should March on them and teabag everyone.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I think Ben & Jerry's should come out with Red Rum flavor. I'll bet the Million Moms wouldn't even get the joke.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    I think the Million Man should March on them and teabag everyone.

:noway:
    dang..lol
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    This just in: Some people are stupid.
  • kcook323
    kcook323 Posts: 43 Member
    Well, I just got back on track, but if I EVER find this in the grocery store, I'm SO getting it. I have been looking for it since it came out. We don't have a Ben and Jerry's close by either. So, phooey, if they get it banned before it reaches me!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    reminds me of something lately...what was it..something to do with complaints about undies or something...hmmm
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Some of the comment are hilarious:

"I'm thinking "Caramel Toe" would make a big hit!"

"I work at a supermarket. Some guy asked me if I had sweaty balls. I had no idea what he was doing. I just stared at him!"
  • I think Ben & Jerry's should come out with Red Rum flavor. I'll bet the Million Moms wouldn't even get the joke.

That's brilliant. Especially this time of year. Someone should write Ben and Jerry's head office and suggest that.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    T^hose are women who need two things

1. a life
    2. I won't say, it will get me in trouble.

I think I know!!! Beezies need to get laid!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: