To all of you ladies....

13»

Replies

• plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    One: I am currently a 32DDDD a/k/a 32G, I used to be a 34F--that is because my band sized changed but the girls stayed the same. Bra size is measured by taking your rib cage measure (while exhaling) and your bust (while wearing a decently supportive bra preferably) and seeing how many inches difference there is between them to determine the cup size, and rounding up to the nearest even number in inches. This is further complicated by the difference between US, British, French, European, Asian and Austrialian bra sizes. see articles and calculator below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement
    http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php

I am currently wearing a "Le Mystere" Baroque Tishe Bra--which lists itself as a EU 70, FR85G and a US/UK 32G--so it's really about what fits you best, pick a brand you like and follow their sizing. This being said, there is also the issue of style and fit, so it changes a little from brand to brand.

But I digress...

Two: Your breasts may go down with your weight, and they may not, depends on hormones, your bodies fat storage (it could be tissue and not actual fat) and various other things. I'm crossing my fingers mine will shrink a little when I drop the 20-30 I have left (not all the way, but a D or DD would be great!). Surgery is the only sure way I've heard, but see how they look when you find you're at your final weight.
    Otherwise, the only pointers I've heard were to try to make them a little perkier--e.g. pec exercises--apparently if the muscles under your breast tissue firm up, so might the girls (worth a shot anyhow!).

Three: I love me some high quality sports bra. Don't scrimp on the bra, not only do jiggly breasts hurt and cause people to shout "get a bra!" at you out car windows (true story! I was wearing two crappy sports bras at the time), but can also damage your best tissue! Causing the never sought after "long" some women jokingly add after their bra size (think about it! Time+gravity+/- activity=tissue break down and sagging (esp. improperly supported bust tissues!)).

Sports bras I love: Enell and Freya (so far!)
    Regular bras I love: Panache Superbra (they make a regular (not compression) strapless that is awesome!), Chantelle, Freya, Le Mystere.
    Store tip: I really love Nordstrom's for bra fitting and selection: if they don't have your size, but it exists, they will order it and call you when it comes in (with no obligation to buy it, if you don't like it--they just add it to there store stock).

Side note: Be careful of large chains that specialize in smaller sizes, they aren't looking to get you sized right, they are looking to sell you a bra and may try to put you into a "sister" size--as you go up in band size, so goes the cup size, but your band won't support your bust (saggy boob look=bad!). Example "sister" sizes: 32G (32DDDD), 34F (34DDD), 36E (36DD), 38D, 40C, 42B, 44A... At some point in the scenario the bra would fall off me if the straps weren't there or to get it to fit I would have to tighten the straps far beyond what they actually do (and the band rides up in the back)). Remember that the band supports the bust and the straps are just there for light support, so you want the tightest band you can stand.

SO...sorry this became diatribe about bra sizing...but! If you have the dreaded quad-boob, your band doesn't lay flat against your chest in the front, your band rides up the the back, or your cups are gappy or saggy, do yourself and your breast a favor and get sized by a pro. **A pro will make you take your shirt off and take at least two measurements, under bust and bust.

P.S. Don't forget to bend and scoop!
  • I'm jealous...wish mine hadn't decreased with weight loss...but then again they weren't that big to begin with...lol
  • One: I am currently a 32DDDD a/k/a 32G, I used to be a 34F--that is because my band sized changed but the girls stayed the same. Bra size is measured by taking your rib cage measure (while exhaling) and your bust (while wearing a decently supportive bra preferably) and seeing how many inches difference there is between them to determine the cup size, and rounding up to the nearest even number in inches. This is further complicated by the difference between US, British, French, European, Asian and Austrialian bra sizes. see articles and calculator below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement
    http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php

I am currently wearing a "Le Mystere" Baroque Tishe Bra--which lists itself as a EU 70, FR85G and a US/UK 32G--so it's really about what fits you best, pick a brand you like and follow their sizing. This being said, there is also the issue of style and fit, so it changes a little from brand to brand.

But I digress...

Two: Your breasts may go down with your weight, and they may not, depends on hormones, your bodies fat storage (it could be tissue and not actual fat) and various other things. I'm crossing my fingers mine will shrink a little when I drop the 20-30 I have left (not all the way, but a D or DD would be great!). Surgery is the only sure way I've heard, but see how they look when you find you're at your final weight.
    Otherwise, the only pointers I've heard were to try to make them a little perkier--e.g. pec exercises--apparently if the muscles under your breast tissue firm up, so might the girls (worth a shot anyhow!).

Three: I love me some high quality sports bra. Don't scrimp on the bra, not only do jiggly breasts hurt and cause people to shout "get a bra!" at you out car windows (true story! I was wearing two crappy sports bras at the time), but can also damage your best tissue! Causing the never sought after "long" some women jokingly add after their bra size (think about it! Time+gravity+/- activity=tissue break down and sagging (esp. improperly supported bust tissues!)).

Sports bras I love: Enell and Freya (so far!)
    Regular bras I love: Panache Superbra (they make a regular (not compression) strapless that is awesome!), Chantelle, Freya, Le Mystere.
    Store tip: I really love Nordstrom's for bra fitting and selection: if they don't have your size, but it exists, they will order it and call you when it comes in (with no obligation to buy it, if you don't like it--they just add it to there store stock).

Side note: Be careful of large chains that specialize in smaller sizes, they aren't looking to get you sized right, they are looking to sell you a bra and may try to put you into a "sister" size--as you go up in band size, so goes the cup size, but your band won't support your bust (saggy boob look=bad!). Example "sister" sizes: 32G (32DDDD), 34F (34DDD), 36E (36DD), 38D, 40C, 42B, 44A... At some point in the scenario the bra would fall off me if the straps weren't there or to get it to fit I would have to tighten the straps far beyond what they actually do (and the band rides up in the back)). Remember that the band supports the bust and the straps are just there for light support, so you want the tightest band you can stand.

SO...sorry this became diatribe about bra sizing...but! If you have the dreaded quad-boob, your band doesn't lay flat against your chest in the front, your band rides up the the back, or your cups are gappy or saggy, do yourself and your breast a favor and get sized by a pro. **A pro will make you take your shirt off and take at least two measurements, under bust and bust.

P.S. Don't forget to bend and scoop!

Thank you for the information :)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Happy to help! I've been through a lot just trying to find the proper size. It can be SO frustrating! Let's cross our fingers we can have them shrink with exercise--I would love to be able to wear the crappy sports bras that come in three packs (so much cheaper!). :D

I've heard you should get your size rechecked/bra replaced every 5-10lbs or every 6 months depending on weight loss and bra fit. (I know I go more like every year when I'm not actively losing weight) :)

P.S. let us know if you find any good sports bras, always happy to try something new!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    there is breast reduction surgury, but I have heard you may loose feeling/sensation in the "nip" area after this surgury and I'm not willing to take that chance. :blushing:

I had a breast reduction and have total and complete feeling ... no numbness at all. :)
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    I think eventually they will get smaller, because technically they are just fat in a sense. Back in the day when i was 95lbs I was 32A. Now I am 152 and I am a 36B. I would love for them to stay B's, but in a way I am looking forward to them being A's because I know I am small again! Give yourself more weight lost!
  • Side note: Be careful of large chains that specialize in smaller sizes, they aren't looking to get you sized right, they are looking to sell you a bra and may try to put you into a "sister" size--as you go up in band size, so goes the cup size, but your band won't support your bust (saggy boob look=bad!). Example "sister" sizes: 32G (32DDDD), 34F (34DDD), 36E (36DD), 38D, 40C, 42B, 44A... At some point in the scenario the bra would fall off me if the straps weren't there or to get it to fit I would have to tighten the straps far beyond what they actually do (and the band rides up in the back)). Remember that the band supports the bust and the straps are just there for light support, so you want the tightest band you can stand.

True! I've been a B cup all my life, no matter the band size. One day I went to Victoria's Secret while I was still a 40B (clearly a mistake) and got measured. The woman insisted I was a 38C and that their bra sizes "ran differently". Needless to say, the bra didn't fit. I mean I was able to wear it, but the band was just too tight and I had a muffin top of sorts under the band. Kind of sad that they will tell someone the wrong size just to make a buck.
  • I fail to see where not losing boobs is a problem. :glasses:
    THAT
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    NO :(

mine are ginormous and refuse to budge...bras are expensive when youre *this* big...i feel your pain girlie

That's the biggest pain for me (other than them being so heavy, lol) is that bras get more expensive the bigger you are. I only have one good sports bra :( I'm hoping to find somewhere to get some more for X-mas. I always imagine how much weight I would instantly lose with a breast reduction.
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Lol really? My boobs don't budge either when I lose weight but theyve never gotten bigger!

For the original poster do you have a good sports bra? I can never find good ones so I double bag em with two instead.

I remember wearing two bras back in middle/high school when I played soccer/tennis. It was so uncomfortable but I had no choice :(
  • jessicanickell
    jessicanickell Posts: 13 Member
    I take donations of bust fat any day of the week.