INSANITY- starting Monday Oct 24 whos in????

Options

Replies

• 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Day 3 complete. I am ridiculously sore, but luckily tomorrow's recovery should give my muscles a bit of a break. I'm going to miss Saturday, Monday and Tuesday's workout because I'm going on a trip to the jungle! (I'm studying abroad in Peru right now), but then I'll just jump back in on wednesday.
    Congrats Leenites! You've made it a long ways! Way to go!
    Awesome job everyone!
  • stacey_marie_08
    stacey_marie_08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMGsh my knees couldn't handle it!!!

Did it a few times, but mann I gotta lose some weight and get in a better shape before I try it again or something!

I just have really bad knees!
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I am doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid and just finished my first month. I haven't lost much weight, but was not watching my diet. This month I am really focusing on what I eat and I am already feeling the results. I finished 1 round of Insanity in June and then repeated month 1 in July. I started to have some knee/ankle issues, so I backed off from the every day higher impact stuff and am now just doing Insanity on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I love both, so it is a good fit!
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    anyone taking recovery drink? if so waht u taking?
  • luvworkinout
    luvworkinout Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 Insanity, first time through. Just finished 2nd round of P90X which I LOVED! I am using Accelerade for recovery drink and I think it does help with soreness and really helps with thirst throughout the workout. I start drinking it during workout. I am loving Insanity even though it is very intense and challenging!
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    anyone taking recovery drink? if so waht u taking?
    I will be taking Optimum Nutrition and GNC's amplified whey protein. Q
  • lucielu2
    Options
    omg today was so insane woukout byt great--anyone feel any pain in side and back at all , not major pain just soarness i guess...i think my form is good jut wondering if its normal?
  • JustQue
    Options
    omg today was so insane woukout byt great--anyone feel any pain in side and back at all , not major pain just soarness i guess...i think my form is good jut wondering if its normal?
    Pure cardio is done. I feel it in my legs right now. Q
  • twinmommy54
    Options
    Keep it up ladies!!! Insanity is very mental too!!! You have to ignore your inner voice when it says to stop....I went through that, and almost quit. It's tough, physically and mentally. Never thought after dealing with infertility, depression, and 3.5 year old twins I would be at this place in life I am now.....I look and feel better then I ever have! keep diggin deep!!! Let me know if you guys need anything....I'm always here to support and motivate!! :heart: :heart:
  • Pkg0928
    Options
    Completed 4cycles of p90 decided to try Insanity,found it way to hard on the knees. I have created a hybrid program that is working great combining 2 weight workouts from p90(legs/back each wk and alternating the others), 3 insanity/asylum workouts(changing routines every two weeks for 10 weeks), yoga and stretch, of course abs 3 times per week. I found this program is really leaning me out and has lessened the joint pain. I would recommend a really good solid surface mat that provides cushioning yet still stable to workout on. They are not cheap cost you $450 but well worth it if you want to save your knees
  • lucielu2
    Options
    Thought i share with u guys recovery shake i made today and will be doing after every workout

1/2 cup 100%orange juice
    1/2 water and about 4 ice cubes
    1 cup frozen fruits
    2 tbsp carnation powder milk
    2 tbsp wheat bran
    2 tbsp of protein powder
    Mix in blender so gooddddd i love it
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Ok, so Im back from my trip, but I have another one Friday-Saturday. So the plan is to do some Turbo fire or Zumba for the rest of this week and start over from day 1 with Insanity next week!
  • JustQue
    Options
    I'm still in ladies. Keep going. I can feel my endurance improving. Q
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thought i share with u guys recovery shake i made today and will be doing after every workout

1/2 cup 100%orange juice
    1/2 water and about 4 ice cubes
    1 cup frozen fruits
    2 tbsp carnation powder milk
    2 tbsp wheat bran
    2 tbsp of protein powder
    Mix in blender so gooddddd i love it

thanks for sharing! :) will give it a try!

I'm now halfway into the 2nd week, and it's still not getting any easier. But everyday, I'm seeing little changes in my body, like my thighs getting shapelier, my arms toning up and my overall strength improving. Still groan at the sight of those Globe Jumps and Drills but I think I'll grow to appreciate them soon.

A quick question: how do you log Cardio Recovery days? I log all my Insanity workouts under Circuit Training as I don't have a HRM, including the Cardio Recovery. Afraid that I maybe overestimating my calorie burn. Any better alternatives or suggestions?

Keep rocking Insanitarians! :) -Mabel.
  • JustQue
    Options
    I haven't logged any of my workouts yet actually because I'm just following a sensible eating plan. But since CR is really light, I would think it's right up there with yoga. So i would use the totals for that. Q
  • lucielu2
    Options
    How is everyone doing? i love insanity
  • JustQue
    Options
    How is everyone doing? i love insanity
    Hanging in there. Today is Cardio Recovery!! Q
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was so glad today was cardio recovery day but I'm pumped for tomorrow.
  • luvworkinout
    luvworkinout Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished 2nd week of Insanity since tomorrow is my rest day! I'm gonna need it after today's Pure Cardio & Cardio abs which was 1st time through Cardio abs...WOW! I'm gonna be feelin' that one tomorrow! Awesome abs workout, the jumping exercises are brutal for me but loved the "c-sit" moves even though they are a killer! Saturday will do fit test so anxious to see if there are any improvements so far.
    Carol
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do we do Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs right after each other? I did and I had very little energy during the cardio abs jumps. Ugh. :(