Women's Lingerie Leauge---Sport or disgrace to women???

Options

Replies

• n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    reviving this topic from the dead....

tryout season is among us and i cannot wait to try out for the chicago bliss! i know i have a slim to none shot of making the team, but just saying i went out there and did it is gonna be a huge thing for me!

all the women i know who have any self confidence think the LFL is awesome! it's the women who could never pull off one of those uni's who are the haters! :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The first time I watched was this past year when my fiance turned it on. I was like "Oh, please!" *eye roll* But then I actually started watching it. While I can see why it would appeal to guys, those girls were working hard. I say of course it's a sport. I don't see why the clothes they wear would cancel out the fact that they are playing a sport.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options

tryout season is among us and i cannot wait to try out for the chicago bliss! i know i have a slim to none shot of making the team, but just saying i went out there and did it is gonna be a huge thing for me!

all the women i know who have any self confidence think the LFL is awesome! it's the women who could never pull off one of those uni's who are the haters! :)

Good luck with try outs! :smile:
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Wow - best of luck to you!!
  • n_unocero
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm so excited to go! they have set the date of the tryouts but not the time or location...so i've been checking the website everyday! i'm so anxious!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Let's be honest. How many people would watch this if they were dressed in long jerseys, padding, and leggings? (crickets) Alrighty then. It's all about marketing. If they were dressed like the boys, people would probably tune into the WNBA instead (more crickets). Both of which have extremely talented and athletic female players!

I have nothing against it. Live and let live. And if it's what you do to make your living, pay for your education or your family's needs, get it girl! Would I dress like that while playing football? Probably not. Because I can't pull it off? No, because my tits and asscheeks wouldn't appreciate the turf-rash :laugh:
  • n_unocero
    Options
    Let's be honest. How many people would watch this if they were dressed in long jerseys, padding, and leggings? (crickets) Alrighty then. It's all about marketing. If they were dressed like the boys, people would probably tune into the WNBA instead (more crickets). Both of which have extremely talented and athletic female players!

I have nothing against it. Live and let live. And if it's what you do to make your living, pay for your education or your family's needs, get it girl! Would I dress like that while playing football? Probably not. Because I can't pull it off? No, because my tits and asscheeks wouldn't appreciate the turf-rash :laugh:

I understand that people would rather not wear such revealing clothing...im usually one of them! i am very self conscious about my body. but i look at it this way...(like you said) if i can get paid for playing a game and working out then i'm gonna do it! my bf actually looked it up and said that the average salary is about $30,000 a year...which is almost as much as im making now as a teacher! if i could make the team and make money off of playing 4 games a year and doing some appearances i'd be a super happy girl!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Hell yeah! Why not?! Good luck to you and the tryouts! Once you put on the outfit once, the second time will be much easier, the third time, a breeze, so forth and so forth!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It's a joke.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I turned it on once to make fun of it and ended yup watching for a while. There are some seriously tough women out there that know what they are doing. There were also some bumbling fools, just like the NFL. Yes, I think the outfits are stupid but sex sells. Its a shame some these women will never be taken seriously and don't have another outlet for their talent.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I would kill to have some of the skills and body that those women have. There are some real athletes out there playing! And honest-to-god, if I looked like they do, I'd LIVE in lingerie.

Also, it's just fun to watch.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what this is, but now I know what I am Googling when I get home today...
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i guess if they want to get their kit off and flaunt it, it's better than taking up pole dancing for a living morally. but probably not as good money.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt the sexiness of the women is what they are marketing. That being said, I have no doubt that those women take it seriously. I have only watched bits and pieces of a couple games, but from what I saw these women are indeed athletic.

Very true, these women are seriously athletic! A friend of mine is trying out for her local team and she is in better shape than anyone I know. If I was in that kind of shape (and had hand-eye coordination) I might try it myself! If an adult woman chooses to do something like LFL, I don't see how it's degrading.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    one word... slores.

Yep! and IMO the guys that watch that smut are just as bad. I know not everyone would agree with me on that, and you have the right to disagree, but I personally would not have anything to do with a man that is into it.

You're serious?

I find it hard to believe that there is a straight man on this planet who wouldn't enjoy watching super hot chicks in lingerie doing, well, anything. Also, calling a woman a slore (slut/*kitten*) because she's confident enough in her own skin to play LFL is pretty judgy, dontcha think? I guess I'm a big ol' slore because I'd do it in a heart beat if I had the body and the athleticism.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    not "slores", definately takes talent, it is a sport, hater are just gonna hate

if they had the body for it, maybe they wouldn't hate so much. Or maybe if they felt better and more confident they wouldn't care if their husbands seen a woman in lingerie on TV, same as a commercial

^^This.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hats off to these women for being in such great shape and being so beautiful BUT....in my opinion, they are just like another group of women making money off of their hot bodies.....and that would be strippers. If I want to take a serious look at female athletes that are in great shape and work hard for the sake of the argument , I'll save my time for a IFBB pro show (then again, I don't have a penis). Sure they are still sexy but it's in a totally different context and I take it seriously. The Women's Lingerie League is a joke....just like oil wrestling is not a real sport but something for men to look at to get off on. No disrespect to them or how they make their bucks but anyone who looks at them like they are doing anything great for women's sports (or equality in general) is crazy. period. end!
  • n_unocero
    Options
    just so everyone knows...the LFL started off as just a bunch of hott girls running around "playing" football.

the women that play now will legitimately knock the crap outta you!

not denying a lot of people are watching the LFL just for the fact it's half naked girls. but the women who play don't care what they're wearing...they just wanna get out there and play! and i hope i get a chance to do just that! I wouldn't care what i'm wearing or who's watching.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    If I looked like that and could make money doing it, I'd be right out there with them.

I would also go into this expecting other women to hate me for their man watching it. I'd get mad if my man watched it. :laugh:

All jokes aside. They are beautiful women who work hard for their bodies.